Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 2:56pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Episode 5 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Episode 5 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Episode 5 Discussion  (Read 2006 times)
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

Episode 5 Discussion
« on: Oct 10th, 2008, 2:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Leg 5 placings:

1. Vince and Sam
2. Henry and Bernie
3. A.D. and Fuzzie
4. Geoff and Tisha
5. Ida and Tania
6. Mai and Oliver (Eliminated)
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

Re: Episode 5 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 2:13am »

Vince and Sam - Congratulations to these guys, they finally won a leg after coming in second or third for so many times lol. I like this team, they're nice and funny guys and now I think they're actually gonna make the final three. And it was nice seeing them get the tattoos lol. Sam was so funny, thinking that it wasn't as painful as he'd thought when they hadn't even started doing the tattoo on him lol.

Henry and Bernie - I don't love them as much as I did a few episodes back, but I still like them and they're really consistent.

A.D. and Fuzzie - I'm loving this team more and more! They're really enjoying the race, not bickering with each other, not stressing out, but just taking in everything on the race. I just love them for that, and the fact that they still do so well every leg makes it just... Awesome. Team Singapore for the win! <3

Geoff and Tisha - Sigh, why weren't they eliminated? I guess Geoff isn't all that evil, seeing that he could still apologise to Tisha. But I still feel that Tisha deserves a better guy hehe. Having said that, I actually think that they will make the final three, but I hope they don't win.

Ida and Tania - Know what? I'm loving this team a lot too! To think that I disliked them the first few episodes. When I was watching them do the Detour, all of a sudden I felt really touched, by all their efforts and all that. They're trying so hard, doing so well, yet working so well together too. I admire them a lot for finding laughter even in the most stressful of situations, like climbing those steps carrying such a heavy bucket of water. That was what really touched me, and I'm rooting for them ALL THE WAY! I'd be elated if they win too! =)

Mai and Oliver - Aww... It was a real bad leg for them, wasn't it? Having such bad luck with the discs... I like this team, I was really sad to see them go. But yeah, they just had a bad leg. I don't see how they could have continued even if they didn't want to give up. I still love them! =)

I love TARA 3, this season's wonderful. Wonderful teams, wonderful tasks. Other than Geoff and Tisha (Geoff, I mean), the final five are rather likeable and I don't mind who wins. Of course, A.D. and Fuzzie or Ida and Tania for the win! =D =D
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Puppet
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

biting your head off

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 7:56am »

Congrats to Vince and Sam for finally getting their 1st place. They are quite nice people but i dont like the shorter guy. Abit annoying.

Henry and Bernie... no comments.. except they are quite a consistent team.

A.D. and Fuzzie - they rock. ok no more arguments =)

Am i the only one who is glad Geoff and Tisha survived? GEOFF AND TISHA FTW!!

Ida and Tania were quite unlucky.. They practically tumbled down from 1st to 5th..

Mai and Oliver are just unlucky. More unlucky than Ida and Tania.

This leg is crazy.. The disc will take forever to find. The coin will take forever to find. Even the detour seems difficult. I cannot catch that stupid soft toy for sure.
IP Logged

Survivor Gabon: Matty|Sugar
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 8:12am »

Well, I'm with Ruth. Though I haven't watched it yet, Geoff is really irking me. With that said, I'm happy to see anyone of them win. Wink
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2008, 11:21am »

i have to agree hands down this is the toughest 1st 5 legs i have ever seen. Luckily they got the entire afternoon in the Sony shop in the comfort of air con. Although the 1st task is stupid and wasteful of CDs, i have to say such pointless tasks are inevitable in every race. Just look at Lena & Kristy at Sweden unrolling hay..  

But i wonder will Mai and Oliver get the 4 hour penalty cos they didnt complete the task but was "forced" to do so.  

Many teams can be seen giving up. it's not good. Pailin & Natalie, Niroo & Kapil, Mai & Oliver.  

Why must they follow exactly the same FF as in TAR 12Huh? it's so pointless! i am sure the producers have better brains.  

Henry & Bernie are good. They are consistent. Perhaps this is why i dont really like them. i like underdogs better. AD and Fuzzie gotta step up their game a bit by having better navigation skills. They allowed henry & Bernie overtake twice. which shldnt have happened. What if it's a race between last and 2nd to last place? But still, i am happy with AD and Fuzzie's performance.

Geoff and Tisha. I dont really care if they got eliminated.. Smiley I hope that i get more drama from them!!!!!!!!! Tongue

I think they travel to Japan next leg.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 12:34am »

When i saw the FF, i was like.. you were doing fine!! This race was so original until the Tatoo task!! Sad

Anyway, the reason why i'm loving this season because all the deserving teams seemed to be moving on. Teams like William/Issac, Pailin/Natalie, Niroo/Kapil and Mai/Oliver.. who really looked as though they wanna give up.. will not move on further in the race.

Which makes the race fun to watch. Because deserving teams (yes, even Geoff and Tisha).. who really tried will move on in this race.

I wonder how many hours lead did Sam and Vince gained from the FF. I bet they must have been like 4-8 hours ahead of Ida and Tania.

I'm not going to comment anything about the remaining teams because they truly deserved to be here. But i'm pretty sure next leg is a NEL so it doesn't really matter who comes in last. But i'm quite interested to see whether the NEL penalty is also a speedbump? HAHA.

Anyway, someone please explain to me why does it seems as though AD and Fuzzie are always slow and couldn't be bothered. But they are always minutes after the teams who cared and are so competitive at the pitstop? This is just amazing and the fact that they told Allan we are happy to be in third because we want to collect every placing is hilarious. I don't really think they have what it takes to win. But it's seriously interesting to watch them race.

I think Henry and Bernie or Sam and Vince should be in the final 3, with possibly another all-female team. But i'm hoping both remaining all-female teams get into the final three with Henry and Bernie. That way, i won't mind who wins!
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:06am »

Anyway i think Malaysians are the best racers in Asia. Can we give them this credit please?

TARA1:
JoeJer and Zabrina - Winner
Andrew and Seyon - Third

TARA2:
Pamela and Vanessa - Second
Ann and Diane - Fourth

TARA3:
Henry and Bernie - Final 5
Ida and Tania - Final 5

And all-female teams from Malaysia always rock the race. They have gotten 1st, 2nd, 4th.. maybe this time they will complete it by having 3rd or 5th? :laff:

And, special mention to Singapore -

Sharon and Melody - 7th (Until they got screwed by opening hours and tasks which requires teams to queue in line)
Adrian and Collin - 1st
AD and Fuzzie - Final 5

Hong Kong -
Sandy and Francesca - 2nd
Sam and Vince - Final 5
Not mentioning season 2 when their two teams went out 8th and 10th respectively

Same for Philippines -
Marc and Rovilson - 2nd
Terri and Henry - 6th
Geoff and Tisha - Final 5

But not mentioning season one where their teams went out 9th and 10th. LOL!

But as compared to India.. their race records seems better. And i realized minority countries like Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Sri Lanka never seemed to do well. Unlike teams from Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia and Philippines. There seemed to be a trend going on. LOL!
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:07am »

^^ With the exception of Mardy and Marsion for Indonesia's case.
IP Logged

ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:48am »

<offtopic>Great stats. Wink Except that Marc/Rovilson finished 3rd. I also have noticed Malaysians are doing well.  

Country stats: Out of 30 teams, 6 are from Malaysia, 5 are from the Philippines, 4 are from Hongkong, 4 are from Thailand, 3 are from Singapore, 3 are from India, 2 are from Indonesia & 1 came from Sri Lanka, Japan & South Korea. Not that I don't want to see anyone from these countries, but if possible, can't we cast from other nations? I mean, there are other Asian nations/territories aside from these. Mainland China? Taiwan? Vietnam? Cambodia?</offtopic>
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:49am by ImANewUser » IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:59am »

Yea, i was hoping to see teams from other countries in Asia, but there's probably none because those countries doesn't show AXN.

I was hoping they are have a fair mix of teams from every country.

Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, South Korea, India, Japan & Hong Kong.. 1 team from each country. But i don't think they can do that. But i think this could be a good identity for the show. Smiley
IP Logged

alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 8:14am »

having Sri Lankan team is so random. I would be glad that they include teams from Taiwan or China. I want to listen to Chinese speak English!! Tongue

Yup.. Malaysians do really well. Kudos to them!! Smiley Singaporeans did fairly average with a win and a 7th place. and now a final 5. Hope we do better!!!!! Cheesy
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 13th, 2008, 5:14pm »

Yea I wish there would be 10 countries - 10 teams instead of 2 from Philippines, 2 from Malaysia, 2 from Singapore + some other countries... it'd make more diversity.  

Mai/Oliver, they had some bad luck Tongue

AD/Fuzzie final 5!! Grin
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Mitch
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 14th, 2008, 8:15am »

I like Sam and Vince more Tongue
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 14th, 2008, 10:50am »

Heather, there has never been a TARA season with 2 teams from Singapore. :laff:
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 14th, 2008, 2:46pm »

Oops. :laff:
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.