Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 7:45am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Episode 6 Discussion »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Episode 6 Discussion
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Episode 6 Discussion  (Read 1505 times)
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

Episode 6 Discussion
« on: Oct 16th, 2008, 10:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

1st – Sam & Vince
2nd – Henry & Bernie
3rd – Geoff & Tisha
4th – AD & Fuzzie
5th – Ida & Tania (non-elimination)
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

Re: Episode 6 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2008, 10:35pm »

Sorry if a similar topic exists already.

Sam & Vince - Come on, anyone who did not see this coming (them coming in first in Hongkong after a lead in Taiwan) has to be joking me. Kudos to them for keeping it though.

Henry & Bernie - I liked their attitude throughout the race and this episode, they just cracked me up. "Bernie wasn't aware she stole the bag" and Bernie goes =O=O=O.

Geoff & Tisha - I do appreciate that Geoff was tamer this episode (though that isn't saying much) and glad to see they've moved up the ladder. Their "cool kids" thing though was kinda funny since it seems like they are the cool kids themselves.

AD & Fuzzie - It sucked to watch them lose time on the Hongkong-Kowloon thing, but at least they weren't last.

Ida & Tania - I had no worries that they'd survive. I mean, honestly, after five consecutive elims with 6 legs & 5 teams left, the law practically REQUIRES it to be NEL. And I'm guessing the next leg is an NEL too. I guess the TARA NEL penalties work like this: NEL penalty - current penalty. If there are 2 consecutive NEL's, the first NEL has the no money penalty, then the 2nd NEL has the original penalty.

Current ranking:
1 - Ida & Tania
2 - AD & Fuzzie
3 - Geoff & Tisha
4 - Henry & Bernie
5 - Sam & Vince

I'm glad this is TARA3's Final Five. If it were anyone of the 5 others (sans Pailin), I'd be worrying about the ending right now. And THANK you to less blatant product placement compared to last week.
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17th, 2008, 9:01am »

My rankings:

1. Ida/Tania
2. Henry/Bernie
3. Tisha
4. AD/Fuzzie
5. Sam/Vince
IP Logged

Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18th, 2008, 1:30am »

Sam and Vince - Great job for coming in first again. But yeah, how could they not, seeing that they had a rather substantial lead, Hong Kong's their hometown, and they got onto the flight first! They're consistent racers though.

Henry and Bernie - Lol, it was really funny how Bernie stole the bag unknowingly! I like this team, they're still working well together.

Geoff and Tisha - I was pretty impressed when Geoff said, "This race is not worth losing my girlfriend." But I wonder if he really meant it. Anyway, I'm suddenly liking Tisha a lot.

A.D. and Fuzzie - Love their "amble to the pit-stop"! Hopefully they don't do that if there are teams behind them though! I'm totally loving their happy-go-lucky attitude, how they're so funny, and still do so well! Love team Singapore! =D

Ida and Tania - I'm just so glad it was an NEL, they really had no chance to catch up, and they did deserve that second chance. Sweet to see such grateful looks on their faces too. Please let them make the final three!

Hmm, I'm guessing now that the final three will be Geoff and Tisha, Sam and Vince, Henry and Bernie. Awesome if a female team could make it there though!
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18th, 2008, 12:29pm »

I'm going to talk about the race!

Excited was I when i saw that there were going to Ladies Street! I went there with my friends just around less than 2 months ago!! The experience in the street was really exciting. There were really loads of people and the street was really LONGGGGGG. It was like, 5 streets, joint together, consecutively.. and it took me around 1 hour 10mins to finished walking through the entire street (while shopping and i brought many things). So it was really cool to see TARA visit a place, which i've just been to and had the experience myself!

Just the usual team comments -
Love how Henry and Bernie are working well together, don't mind them winning.
Sam and Vince has a little proud attitude, i get a little bit of cocky feeling from them.
Geoff and Tisha = :barf:
AD and Fuzzie, it annoys me that they are racing slowly, but amuses me at the same time.
Ida and Tania - BAH, it's a NEL, and there's no flight. They are probably screwed again.

But i think next leg is a NEL. Smiley
I really hope Geoff and Tisha get eliminated or what. Go out the Jennifer and Nathan style at fourth or Andy and Laura style at third!! Smiley

GOOOOOOOO SINGAPORE AND MALAYSIA!!! Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2008, 12:30pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Puppet
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

biting your head off

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18th, 2008, 9:47pm »

^ Andy and Laura is out at fifth.

My ranking:
1. Geoff and Tisha
2. A.D. and Fuzzie
3. Sam and Vince
4. Ida and Tania
5. Henry and Bernie

Like all of them so much that i have trouble figuring out who i like the least. Tongue
IP Logged

Survivor Gabon: Matty|Sugar
alternarist
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 18th, 2008, 10:00pm »

I feel that Tisha and Geoff are just self comforting themselves when they say things like "cool kids dont need any friends" and "i take that as a compliment" with regards to nobody wanting to help them.

Cumon, when teams get bunched together, it's likely that nobody will assist them in anyway. that can suck.

This is by far the best leg imo. Because both Detour and Roadblock is finding a needle in a haystack but it's not out of hand like Lena (S6) unrolling hay.

Ida's handbag owner's boyfriend was so anti-climax. I mean the girl should already expect someone to approach her and the bf doesnt know anything. LOL.

i dont really get it when Ida and Tania said that "there is a 6th team behind us?".. that's just random..
IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 18th, 2008, 10:07pm »

Gotta add: Loved Ida's comment: "When Tania gets left in a street of shopping and clothes and bags, we'll never see her again" or something like that.

IDA/TANIA <3<3<3!!! Grin
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 2:00am »

OH. alternarist, i'll explain to you about that. I was laughing hilariously when that happened.

Having stepped on the mat last, Ida and Tania thought Allan would definitely tell them - "Ida and Tania, you're the last team to arrive". HOWEVER, being ALLAN. :laff:, ALLAN WU instead said, "Ida and Tania, you're team number FIVE". Totally unexpecting that because they expected Allan to tell them they are the last team to arrive, they asked whether there was a SIXTH team. :rofl: It was really funny. I like Allan on his bantering with the teams. But i didn't like the way he tell the teams what position they arrive. There seems to be no consistency. Sometimes he tells them they are the last team to arrive, sometimes he tells them they are team number ____. I don't really get him anyway.

But i think he improved on his hosting since Season 1. I can see his style with the show already. Smiley
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 2:53pm »

:rofl:

I get it now!!
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 5:43pm »

I've never understood why Allan does that wrong with the eliminations... oh well.

AD/Fuzzie just strolling into the pitstop yet again :laff:
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 6:23pm »

A.D and Fuzzie never cares. :laff: <3
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 11:28pm »

AD/Fuzzie = <3
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 21st, 2008, 2:35am »

Oh yes, I forgot to mention how I loved the leg cos it was in Hong Kong! I myself visited Ladies' Street within the past few months too, it was a school trip. It was certainly nice to see a familiar place. =)

And yeah, LOVE A.D. and FUZZIE!!!! And Ida and Tania!!!
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.