Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 11:36am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Never mind this part ok! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Test Area
   Test Forum
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Never mind this part ok!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Never mind this part ok!  (Read 791 times)
BrYce_BrIan
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

25 ...u9!Jq... 25

brian_tarstianime  
View Profile WWW

Never mind this part ok!
« on: Sep 30th, 2005, 5:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It is not an easy job to sit more than 8 hours talking and talking to more than 50 people a day. This is a life of a call center agent.  

This is my first time to work on a call center. The first thing people think that if you work on a call center, you got this big time job and big time cash... Well, the job as they don't know it is its like 'lunok lang ang pahinga' and i prove it right especially you work in graveyard shift.  

Personally, i like the job. And working on a call center on a travel account made me more flexible from my sleeping schedule, time organization and most of all DIET!  

And who are those people being served by us Customer Service Reps? Of course the clients from the US. Seems funny to talk to foreigners and speaking English for the whole shift while you cannot speak Tagalog straight for 8 hours a day. And the whole day you talk English you even forgot that you are a Filipino. We know to the fact that we filipino lost some words especially when speaking a foreign language. You lose some words and jumble those phrases. To be honest, I feel like every client that i talk with can only understand 50% of what i'd said. Its not only my client who just dont understand half of what i said, me too...  

Let's talk about the callers. I dont wanna make fun bout the callers but they seem to livin up my day. Every call that i get, unique response and reactions i get.  

Case 1:
"Mam, you're confirmation code starts with H as in Hotel!"
"What?"
"H"
"Huh?"
"H as in Harry, Hotel, Hawaii, "
"I dont get you  son..."
"Mam! H as in Honey..... Hurricane..... Hoax.... Harvard...."
"What? "
"Mam, letter H! a,b,c,d,e,f,g, H... EYTCH!"
"Oh, i see! H as in Hello"
I should've said Hello in the first place!
Imagine the caller cannot hear very clearly. And just to know the thing that the code is composed of six letters can kill out your AHT(Average Holding Time) with that type of caller! There is nothing wrong about this caller. Thank her she's not irate because you are.

Case 2:
"Are you Indian?"
"No im not sir!"
Why ask that question? We know India is one of the countries where some call centers are located. Why question one's nationality? Is it the third world issue or something?  
"Then where am i calling from?"
"Sir, Manila Philippines!"
Then no comment. Then he just hang up. Or more often they want to be tranferred to someone who can speak English or someone who is an American. Duh?! What's the difference?! All call center agents can speak english and momentarily they ask for someone who can speak in english...  
"One moment please, let me transfer YOU to someone who can SPEAK ENGLISH sir!" (then transfer  to the Spanish department... just kidding!)

Case 3:
"I want to talk to the supervisor!"
First sentence to hear to a caller who wants his/her need to be addressed immediately.  
"Why mam?"
"I just want to talk to the supervisor!"
"Why? Mam. I need to know your concern first before i can transfer you to my supervisor..."
"Just transfer me to your supervisor!"
"You know what mam, if i am going to transfer your call to my supervisor, my supervisor will ask me the same thing - WHY?"
Then telling her concern, you will be surprised that she was charged $5 service fee if they'd done transactions over the phone.

Case 4:
The most irate callers you will receive are the those who are in their golden ages. Senior people are the most demanding yet sweet if you ended the transaction according to what they wanted to have. But if not, you will be spending an hour talking and telling and convincing and advising and pacifying ang solving and saying the same thing with no other alternatives but that last resort we can offer for that person.  

Case 5:
"I lost my ticket!"
"Sir, If you want to have another ticket, you need to have a Lost Ticket Application worth $100."
"No way i would pay that! No. That's robbery guys!"
 Duh? Who's fault is it? Why blame us? ANd of course, customer is always right. So we are wrong at that point... But for God sakes, why blame it to us when he should blame the ticket which is its fault. The ticket must tell the holder where mr. ticket is going... Such a dumb ticket... Very dumb ticket!"

Case 6:
"Ju go from Wolinz 2 bus unloggin in national?"
"Sir pardon me?"
"I said, Ju go FRoM WOLINZ 2 BUS UNLOGGIN in NATIONAL?"
"OK sir, one moment please... Hold on!"
Have you recieved this type of call? YOu ask his concern again and still you dont understand...
After five minutes of putting him on hold, the customer then talked to you and said...
"Hello? Im jazz's king newer question... JU GO FROM WOLINZ 2 BUS UNLOGGIN IN NATIONAL?"
Well you know its english but then its a very very heavy accent. You merely never understand the words he said to you. YOu only understand the 'national'. This case also happens from those coming from people with different nationality - Chinese, Spanish, German and etc.  
Then the caller hang up...
Just then you realize the last line he said before he left you finally figured it out - "Hello? Im Just asking you a question, Do you go from New Orleans to Boston Logan International?"

I guess call center is just a good place to have fun. I know its sounds easy but its not. But if you're in the floor you will enjoy it...  
-----------------------

Team SRQ Best lines...

Client: "Can you transfer me to a supervisor or something?"
LJ: "I can transfer you to the something but not to the supervisor!"

Client: "Hello, are you still there?"
Jancy: "YEs, mam! Im still there!"

Annie: "US! Airways! Annie!"
(Customer mistakenly thought that she was an automated voice prompt thingy!)

Brian: "How many times have you been transferred to the reissues desk sir?"
Client: "This is my freaking 7th time, what is happening guys... Im over the phone for almost and hour and nothing happens!"
Brian: "Ok sir, this is the 8th!" (then transfer)

Client: "Hello, Are you stil there?"
Grecel: "Po?"

Reggie: "Ok sir, what is the name of the passenger?"
Client: "No he's not a passenger, just human remains!"

Client: "How many seats from each row sir..."
Jason: "Ok sir! Two to the left and two to the right..."

Client: "Are there any chances to make it on that fligth?"
Justine: "Sir the flight is full so you go call Other company na lang po!"

Calai: "Ok sir, your itinerary is already ticketed na!"

Other teams line:
(Let's just say we just heard this from other agents...)

Agent: "Ok sir that will be a $100 fee for bringing a pet?"
Client: "What? So i need that expensive money to bring a pet?"
Agent: "Ok sir, you can bring your pet for free!"

Agent: "Let me confirm that, you want to talk with someone with bigger brain?"

Client: "I want to talk to your supervisor!"
Agent: "Im sorry but there are no supervisors around!"
Client: "No i dont want to talk to you, i want to talk to your supervisor!"
Agent: "Sorry there are no supervisors here.  If you dont want to talk to me, ill be forced to terminate this call... You have no choice mam!"

Client: "Im having a lap child with me on the trip?"
Agent: "What type of lap toe is that... Is that a pet or a thing?"

Client: "Where am i calling from?"
Agent: "From Manila Philippines sir!"
Client: "Ay! T*ngna... Kanina pa ko english ng english dito pilipino ka rin pala!"

Agent: "Sir, I dont understand what you're trying to say, are you Indian?"

Agent: "Ok sir, May I know your Ureegin sir..."  
Client: "What?"
Agent: "Ureegin, sir!"
Client: "huh?"
Agent: "Sir UREEGIN sir... UREEGIN!"
(He was suppose to say ORIGIN)

Agent: "Ok sir, you are going to have a bereavement fare... May i know the name of the corpse?"
IP Logged

I made it through the caption in CBS!!! Yahoo... ive been sending there like season 1 and i f
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.