Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:13pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « ken's final chat »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   ken's final chat
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ken's final chat  (Read 694 times)
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

ken's final chat
« on: Nov 17th, 2002, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

~ taken from survivor news net
 :cop:  
Ken Stafford's CBS.COM chat on 11/15/02 follows. Transcription by Seftor on VOTEDOFF.TV.
BY SNN
Friday, November 15, 2002

Q: Ken, about how far in the game did you feel safe? Did you think you were getting voted out last night?
A: I felt safe up until last night when I knew I was going to be voted off. I could just tell I was going to be voted off.

Q: Ken, was it difficult for you to lay low and not present yourself as a threat because of your profession?
A: It was difficult to lay low, but I did my best to stay under the radar, but Robb dragged me into the spotlight after that confrontation. I think that being a police officer probably provided me some skills to stay under the radar but still have a proactive role in the game.

Q: How do you think your training as a policeman helped you?
A: In that I was able to read people, I knew when people were lying or telling the truth. I was able to get things done the way I wanted them done without letting people know that they were doing what I wanted them to do. I was practicing verbal Judo. For instance, when I'd get an objection, I'd overcome the objection by using some certain phrases like if someone said "No, I don't want to do that" I would say "I know you don't want to do that, but it would be better for the team ..." I'd use delective phrases showing that I understood but also what needed to be done.

Q: Ken, your tribe got an ass whooping from the "little old lady's team." How on earth did you guys let that happen?
A: *laughs* Well, you know, the CG wasn't defenseless or helpless ... we did lose some immunity challenges on purpose, but that was to ensure tranquility in our tribe. It just happened to get where it got and there was no way for us to know that.

Q: Who did you feel was the possible "weak link" on the CG alliance?
A: I think all of them could have been a weak leak [sic] if we would have had even numbers.

Q: When you moved to the CG camp, you complained about the smell of the cave, was it really that bad and did you ever confront the others about it?
A: It really was that bad, it stunk, one and two it's a hygience problem -- that's disgusting. I did confront the tribe and I let them know that I didn't care what they'd been doing or why they'd been doing it, but it needed to stop and to add to that, I never thought I would have to explain to adults that you can't piss where you eat.

Q: What were your most and least favorite challenges?
A: Least favority challenge was probably when we had to sort all the fist, that was definitely it. Most favority was the wicker basket game where Penny was launching the balls from the slingshot and we had to catch them.

Q: What happened at the IC last night? I totally thought you would dominate?
A: The problem with that was that I probably would have dominated (I know I would have actually), but I didn't understand exactly what we were supposed to do and during the middle of the challenge, I had to go to Jeff and ask what exactly I was supposed to be doing and once I'd figured it out, it was too late.

Q: Ken, in one word each, describe Clay, Brian, Helen, and Penny.
A: Clay -- funny, Helen -- determined, Brian -- immature, Penny -- sweet.

Q: Ken, why do you think everyone disliked SA so much? Is she really that bad of a person?
A: SA's not a bad person, it's just that her personality happened to be in direct conflict with a lot of the people there.

Q: What was it like to see the video after so long away from your family?
A: It was great to see the video because it was a distraction from what was going on around camp and it was good timing for that video.

Q: What's more annoying - Helen's rattling on her recipes or Penny's smirk?
A: *laughs* Neither, because I didn't have a real problem with the recipes ... once in a while, it got annoying, but I didn't mind hearing about it. What you call Penny's smirk, I call a pretty smile.

Q: Ken, did you like the way you were portrayed on the show?
A: I have no choice but to like it, because that's me.

Q:
A: It was a really tough experience, the toughest of my life. Going without food is without a doubt one of the most painful things I've ever done.

Q: You are the nicest guy in survivor. How is your friends' reaction in NYC after you returned from the show?
A: All of my friends and family were really supportive of me. They felt if circumstances had been different, there was no question that I would have won ... the circumstances being SA.

Q: Ken, what do you think about Clay checking out Brian's wife and Erin?
A: *laughs* I think he's a man, that's what he's supposed to do! I mean, he's a man, no matter what, and Brian's wife is a beautiful girl and Erin's a beautiful girl. That's what men do!

Q: How does it feel to be the hottest guy on survivor and would you pose for playgirl if they asked?
A: Oh, geez! Um ... thank you , I appreciate you saying that I was the hottest guy on survivor, that's very sweet. As far as for future plans, it's uncertain.

Q: Jan looks like a wonderful sweet lady. Were you guys annoyed by her pet cemetery concept?
A: To be honest 100% honest with you, I didn't even know about the pet cemetery and I had no idea. I saw that as you guys saw it.

Q: Do you think Jan is a nutcase and is losing it there or is she just a sweet old lady who cares about every living thing out there?
A: I think she's just a sweet lady who cares about every living thing.

Q: Ken, how come you weren't at Penny's wedding? She DID invite you, right?
A: I would have loved to go to Penny's wedding, however, I was unable to get the days off that coincided with the wedding day. I would have loved nothing more than to attend. I would have loved to see them get married.

Q: Who did you have the hardest time voting out? Was there anyone you wish you kept around longer who you think could have helped you out in the long run? By the way, you were great and we all hated to see you go - peace and love from Boston.
A: The hardest vote out was Erin. We were down to the final four, we were very close and it was just extremely emotional when we had to vote her out. I was the only one that was honest with her about it and I felt she deserved the honesty, she deserved to know she was getting voted out. As far as not getting rid of anybody, no, I played it the way I would have played. I would have liked to have kept Robb around longer, but he was bringing me out from underneath the radar, so I voted him out, but I felt very bad about voting him out as well. I would have liked to have had him stay around a little longer.

Q: Ken, you seemed pretty bitter about Brian on the Early Show, but as far as we are shown, you and Brian seem to get along fine. So, what's wrong with him?
A: There's nothing wrong with Brian. I'm not bitter toward Brian, it's just that I thought that he made some immature comments on last night's episode. We did get along ...

Q: Ken, you and Jake seemed to have a good relationship. Do you have any regrets about aligning with him?
A: Not at all. I think Jake is a great man, I was proud to have even met him and he was my only true alliance on the show. he's the only one I had an alliance with.

Q: What made you decide to apply to survivor?
A: Somebody approached me on the street, I was working down at Ground Zero ... someone approached me with an application and said I had to do this. That's it, I took it from there and figured "Why not?" When MB created this show I don't even think he understood what an amazing thing he'd created. I think this is the ultimate experience for anybody to go through and I felt that I should be a part of that.

Q: Where were you on 9/11 and what did you do?
A: I was off-duty and it was my first day off for the week and as soon as the first plane crashed into the tower, I ran outside, jumped on my motorcycle and went in. I knew we were going to have to mobilize, that's when they call off-duty police into work, and so I went in.

Q: What was worse, the weather or the food?
A: The lack of food. The weather, while it was bad, it could have rained 24 hours a day and I wouldn't have cared as long as we had food.

Q: Since you work for the NYPD since you been back, have your fellow officers been giving you a hard time about your experience?
A: For the most part, the guys at work have been very supportive and they've been behind me and pulling for me and rooting for me, but you do get a lot of joking around ... but it's all in good fun. Unfortunately, there are some individuals who can't be happy for me because they're not happy with themselves, but they are of little or no concern to me.

Q: What was the first thing you devoured when getting off the island, food wise?
A: A Snickers bar ... I had about twelve of them. I ate myself sick with chocolate. If you hadn't eaten for 27 days, let me suggest just one thing: do not eat chocolate!

Q: Ken, we all need to know, why didn't the tribe put rocks ont he containers of noodles and bananas so the monkeys didn't steal it?
A: Originally, we didn't think it was going to be a concern, but after we did realize it was going to be a concern, we did put rocks on.

Q: What can you say about Magilla?
A: Stay outta Brooklyn, because if I get a hold of you, you little rat bastard.

Q: Who do you think is hotter, Angelina Jolie or Drew Barrymore?
A: I like 'em both. You're trying to back me into a corner -- I will not have this!! *laughs*

Q: Did you see the ipisode where Brian mocks you? Do you hold any grudges?
A: I hold no grudges. That's just Brian being Brian. He's just a little immature.

Q: In the past, there has been a lot of flirting, doesn't seem to be the case with this survivor ... is that true?
A: I didn't see anything.

Q: What did you miss most while out there?
A: Food! And in particular, I'm not a big sweet eater, but the whole time I was out there and I think I can speak for everyone, the biggest thing that we craved was a hot fudge sundae with chocolate chip cookies.

Q: Did you ever get sick of Jake's stories?
A: Never. Anytime he told a story ... I mean, he's lived a very interesting life and I could sit and listen to him all day. He's a very interesting man and I don't think his telling about his life is a problem, but it was to CG, because they just didn't want to hear about it.

Q: What happened to the plot to get rid of Ted or Brian?
A: It was a chance we were trying to take ... all we needed was one vote to go towards Ted and we were going for it. CG all told us they were going to vote for Ted, so we went for it, hoping one of them would.

Q: Ken, who's sneakier - Jake or Penny?
A: The answer is neither is sneaky ... it's the way they play the game. As far as the way they played the game, Penny. I don't, however, feel that Penny is a sneaky person, it's the way she chose to play the game. It's in no way a reflection on how she is in real life.

Q: Why would you all get rid of Jed just cause he didn't help build a shelter? He was fierce in the challenges ...
A: While I do agree that he was a definite asset to the tribe, his personality was not ... he refused to cooperate in any way, shape, or form in anything ... even after being told! He wouldn't do anything about it, even when he was told he was pissing people off, just go on his way. It was a personality conflict with a lot of tribe members. I actually liked Jed, it's just that his behavior on the island made him some enemies.

Q: Who in Thailand do you think was the most backstabbing and the most genuine?
A: After seeing last night's episode, I have to say the most backstabbing would have been Brian, because, rest assured, he never did any of that crap to my face. The most genuine ... I would have to say myself and Jake. I never lied to anyone out there and I'd actually tell people when I was voting for them.

Q: I'm curious about the departing survivor's experience - what's that first night like after being voted out?
A: Getting to eat ... it just feels amazing knowing that you have all that food! Trying to get yourself cleaned up after 30 days in the jungle, just feels so good having hot water and being able to use soap again. Just shaving took me about two hours. It felt pretty amazing to have luxuries again.

Q: Have you enjoyed being in the spotlight since leaving Thailand?
A: It's been actually very good. It's been a lot of fun. I'm meeting a lot of people I may not normally have met and I'm just enjoying the idea that what we did on the island affects so many people. I'm glad I was able to provide some entertainment for a lot of people. It's been fun being part of this.

Q: Did you get a girlfriend out of this?
A: *laughs* Believe it or not, I probably lost a girlfriend out of this.

Q: Are you surprised pint-sized Clay has lasted this long?
A: No, I'm not surprised that he's lasted this long ... he's a competitor. He's there for a reason and he is doing what he has to do. I think he's playing the game well.

Q: A lot of other survivors have spoken about how manipulative Penny is. Why did you boot Erin over Penny?
A: That's a good questions. Jake was very close with Penny and Jake and I were very close. I left it up to him who went and he wanted to keep Penny.

Q: So, what little things were getting on your nerves while staying on the island?
A: After a while being in those conditions, pretty much anything will get on your nerves ... the bugs making noise at night were extremely loud ... pretty much at that point, anything will get on your nerves, but you gotta keep yourself in check and make sure you don't let anybody know. You've got to keep yourself cool and get past it.

Q: So, now that survivor is over, what's next for you? Do you have any appearances coming up?
A: TRL tonight, Letterman, Caroline Rhea on Wednesday ... other than that, we'll just have to wait and see!

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all fans for the wonderful support that I've gotten and for all the letters that I've received and I want you to know that I really appreciate it. I love you all!

IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
chickmama
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Eat more Chicken

CarlaW70
View Profile Email

Re: ken's final chat
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2002, 4:37pm »

Rhune, I have to tell you how much I appreciate you posting the final chats, and the early show info.  I always seem to miss them the first time around, and you provide the perfect opportunity for me to stay on top of things.
IP Logged
chickmama
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Eat more Chicken

CarlaW70
View Profile Email

Re: ken's final chat
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2002, 4:41pm »

oh my goodness.  I'm sorry EEG, I just realized that you posted this one.   :uhoh: :shame2:  Let me start over....To Rhune, EEG, and everyone who posts recaps of survivor events; I thank you for the time you spend doing it! :yes:
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.