Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:42am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Oprah's SIXTH $100,000 Check »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   In the News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Oprah's SIXTH $100,000 Check
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oprah's SIXTH $100,000 Check  (Read 28805 times)
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Re: Oprah Offers $100,000 Reward - THIRD Captured
« Reply #15 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 3:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wow that is awesome Cool Cool I am so so so happy that words cannot express that finally something is working

I dont have kids yet but it scares me so much that I probably won't be able to allow my children to play in our ard alone without constant supervision because of horrible people
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 11:18am »

Any details on the third capture yet?
IP Logged
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 1st, 2005, 5:08pm »

on trail is better than nothing
IP Logged
MapleBud
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

R.I.P Mommys Angel. I love you

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 5:21pm »

I think Oprah is wonderful and she is doing such a great thing. I really think the laws need to be cahnged inregards to child molesters! I think if everyone every where stood up to fight these MONSTERS then we might get some where. These "people" should have NO rights what so ever. They make me SICK. I was sexually abused as a child by my stepfather. Recently i have been able to tell my family and charges were put on this man. I just now have been going through the pretrail. I was on the stand for ten hours over two days. NINE of which were cross examination. I was screamed at, belittled, and treated like crap. I am not the one in the wrong he is. His lawyer even said to me that i CHOSE to have this happen to me. I dont think ANY victim should have to go through this it is wrong. People hear about child molesters and they get mad but most people dont do anything. I love Oprah for what she has done i really do. I think all of these people need to be put behind bars and NEVER NEVER let out. I now have to wait for my real trail date to come up. As i wait i have to try to be a normal member of the world and its so hard. This affects so much and so many people dont understand. Victims need better rights. They should NOT be treated the way i was a few days ago on the stand. Not at all. They are the ones who have done nothing wrong. I child can NEVER chose to be molested by an adult. The adult is the one who choses and once they make that choice they should never ever have  a right again NEVER.

This is one topic so close to me. Thank you oprah for what you are doing. And i think its great people are talking about it. Maybe we can change things for the next person
IP Logged

rcs_mum
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Proud Mom!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 7:34pm »

This week in the Ft Myers area a registered sex offender has been discovered working as a janitor in a local grade school.
There was supposed to have been a background check, but everone is blaming everyone else for this oversight!
He has been fired,but I wonder how much harm he has done!
IP Logged
AmberJ
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 7:47pm »

wow.... just wow
IP Logged
MapleBud
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 6th, 2005, 8:36pm »

My step father was a janitor at a elementry school as well and i told you about him. I get so scared for the people working in school... what could they have done!
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 2:29am »

Maplebud, this is for you - :grouphug:  :grouphug2:  

Thank you for sticking up for yourself in court, and putting yourself through all this grief so that man cannot continue to do this to other children.  What you are doing is hard, but you are helping to make this world a better place and I applaud you for that.  Cool
IP Logged
MapleBud
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 9:55am »

Awww thank you Rhune.... your gonna make me cry. I hope to have that man behind bars where he can never hurt another child. Its hard but if everyone banned together and changed some of these laws it would be so much better.
IP Logged

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Oprah Offers $100,000 Reward - FOURTH Captured
« Reply #24 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 11:03am »

Maplebud, you're an awesome young woman Cool

Profiles of the accused.  Look closely, study their faces!
http://www2.oprah.com/presents/2005/predator/profiles/profiles_main.jhtm l
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2006, 2:21am by luci » IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Oprah's Third $100,000 Check
« Reply #25 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:23pm »

Today's show was another milestone for the victims of child molestors.

http://www.oprah.com/presents/2005/predator/captured/myer/captured_myer_ 284_101.jhtml
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Oprah's Third $100,000 Check
« Reply #26 on: Jan 17th, 2006, 5:57pm »

:clap:
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Oprah's FOURTH $100,000 Check
« Reply #27 on: Mar 8th, 2006, 2:18am »

At the start of Oprah's 20th season, we launched Oprah's Child Predator Watch List, challenging viewers to catch some of America's most wanted fugitives—men charged with heinous sex crimes against children. Within just 40 hours, viewers helped the FBI capture two of them. The following month, a third fugitive was captured…and now we've caught a fourth!

Former scout leader William George Barney is a repeat offender charged with crimes dating back to 1988. After being charged with sexually abusing six young boys in California, Barney pled guilty to one count of lewd and lascivious conduct with a child and served less than 12 months in jail. A few years later, Barney moved to Las Vegas where he allegedly seduced his next young victim. The child said Barney molested him as many as three times a day for six years. When the boy finally told police his terrible secret, Barney vanished before Nevada authorities could question him.

William George Barney's life on the lam recently came to an unexpected halt after one of his friends discovered his identity. »

Roberto Sanchez, a resident of Ensenada, Mexico, was at an Internet cafe when he happened to come upon a familiar face online, a man he knew as "Bill." Roberto says he met Bill Barney two years ago and they grew close. Roberto saw his American friend several times a week, but Barney revealed little about his past.

"He [seemed] like a normal guy," Roberto says. "Like [any] retired guy in Ensenada."

Roberto says Barney mostly kept to himself, but some of his friend's behavior struck him as strange—especially the fact, he says, that Barney had young men over to his house in the evenings.

As soon as Roberto realized Barney's true identity, he contacted the FBI, who, in turn, contacted Mexican authorities. Within 48 hours, Barney was captured. After five years on the lam, Barney was returned to the United States to stand trial.

Jan Caldwell, a Special Agent with the FBI, thanks Oprah viewers for Barney's capture. "This is a man that very well might have gone underneath the radar for the rest of his life," she says, "and we have him off the streets. Children are safe now."

Roberto gets his reward. »

Now Oprah gets to keep her promise! Roberto Sanchez, the man responsible for bringing William George Barney to justice, tears up when Oprah announces his $100,000 reward. "What a gift you've given to the children of Mexico," she tells Roberto. "We're all very grateful to you".
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: Mar 9th, 2006, 1:16pm »

Go Oprah!
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Mar 13th, 2006, 10:16am »

The guy never stopped abusing children.  Constantly and consistently.  Thank GOODNESS for Oprah.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.