Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:03am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Phobia's »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Phobia's
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Phobia's  (Read 6336 times)
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

Phobia's
« on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,

Just wondering what is your wrost phobia is?  Mine is the most common phobia, spiders.  Im so terrified its sad.  I cant even see a spider even on T.V, its to much for me.  Im interested to hear what your phobia is....

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Phobia's
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 11:49pm »

Fear of falling.  I'm not scared of heights - tall buildings, elevtaor rides, airplanes, etc. don't scare me.  It's only when I can picture myself falling that I get nervous.  Can't say as I care for spiders much in person, but I don't freak out at them on tv, etc.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 2:05am »

I've conquered my fear of heights.  The only thing that makes me panic is speaking in front of a large audience. Absolutely terrifies me.  I would just as soon face a firing squad.
IP Logged
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 8:37am »

bugs...I fear bugs..hate the little suckers.

its so bad that if a bug lands on me outside, you probably won't get me back outside that day.
IP Logged
Sheisback
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Leave my Radio X alone!

112227174 112227174   Sheisback2001  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 9:20am »

Fear of vomit.  Embarassed
Guess who had fun watching the last TAR episode ? Shocked
IP Logged

Don't argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then they beat you up with experience.
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 10:49am »

I'm afraid of having a violent accident (car crash, falling, getting hit by a vehicle, etc.)

I'm also more afraid of a storm/typhoon than an earthquake.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 11:18am »

Oh JP...I'm sorry to hear that you are afraid of a violent accident.    :hug:

The way I see it, if that were to happen to me I would hope that it would end my life quickly and not have to live through it and be maimed for life.  I am more fearful of living through a long illness.  

I'm also afraid of tornados which are always coming through here.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 11:52am »

Snakes, I can't even stand to see one on TV, much less if I ever came face to face with one.
Panic in front of an audience singing, not me!
Heights, like driving in mountains, I get sick!  Climbing a tower?  Not me Shocked  Flying has never bothered me at all, in fact I love it from take off!  What fun! Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005, 3:27pm by luci » IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 12:01pm »

Wow, everyone has some nasty phobia's out there, dont you wish we could grow up and get over them lol, I know that has nothing to do with it, but I wish my fear would windle but in the last few years it keeps getting worse, I swear I live in Spider Capitol, they are every where, Thank God I have my bug spray (Konk) it works like magic.

Thanks for sharing guys, and if there is more out there lets here them...
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 12:13pm »

luci, I came real close to googling up a snake picture to put in here as a practical joke.  But I just can't do it to ya.   :punch:

neell, I would tell you about the brown recluse we have here but I just can't do that to you either.  90% of the year, I wear sandals around the house and they come in real handy whenever I see a spider.  WHOP!
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 12:18pm »

Keep all your freaking pics to yourself lol  :crossfingers:, I would probally have a heart failure.  Thanks for not posting one...
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 3:15pm »

Spiders and roaches.  :yikes: :smash:
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 3:26pm »

LL, if you want t risk making me REALLY angry and never talking to you again, go ahead Lips Sealed    
Consider yourself forewarned!  Do you want to risk me going to the ER?
Your statement reminds me of some girls in high school, don't be that way! Angry
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005, 3:31pm by luci » IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 3:27pm »

MY Phobias??  Oh Jeez, where do I start!  I'm soooo messed up!  It's a wonder I can get out of bed each day!!

Okay, here goes.

I guess the first phobia I recognized in myself was way back in the 50's when I was diagnosed with Russophobia.  I struggled with that until November of 1989 before I put that behind me.  During my first marriage I had a lot of trouble with Pentheraphobia.  It got so bad that I developed Gamophobia, which then led to Lygophobia.  I can't help thinking that these maladies weren't in some way caused by my first wife's own problem . . Rhytiphobia.

It took me a bit, but I think I healed myself of Gamophobia and with that behind us, my second wife and I raised a family.  Unfortunately, after about 14 years of marriage I developed Ephebiphobia and this plagued me until just this last year.  I am at a loss of why, suddenly, I just didn't suffer with this any longer.  Nothing in my life, other than my son leaving for college, really changed for me. . .  I guess it's true what they say, medical miracles happen every day!
Currently, I suffer from Phalacrophobia and Gerontophobia, but am dealing with it.  
Once I retired I thought that the Liticaphobia I suffered, (which seemed to be almost omnipresent in all of my profession) would disappear and to my pleasure, it's almost gone!  I did develop Iatrophobia but my Doctor recommended that I play golf regularly to counter this particular phobia.  Unfortunately, absorbing myself into the game and trying to master it has actually brought on two of my latest maladies.  Dealing with Dendrophobia, which has led to Bogyphobia.  These phobias has led to Atelophobia whenever I try to enjoy a game of golf, but I have learned to deal with it.  

Well, that's about it.  I must be candid though and tell you that I had a serious bout of decidophobia and scriptophobia as I sat down here to tell you fine folks about my fragile mental state and frankly, it was only because of my efforts to deal with my Sesquipedalophobia that I write this.  Thankfully, I'm able to work thru most of my fears . . . .

. . . . . . with the exception of phobophobia.  Which quite frankly, just scares the HELL out of me!

Wink

« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:17pm by Bumper » IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jan 8th, 2005, 4:48pm »

man, I have too many phobias to get into, lol

heights, crowds, bugs
IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
Pages: all 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.