Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:48pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « LOST, ABC's new Fall Show »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  11 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show  (Read 13036 times)
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« on: Sep 12th, 2004, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Starring: Evangeline Lilly, Ian Somerhalder, Dominic Monaghan, Jorge Garcia, Maggie Grace, Malcolm David Kelley, Naveen Andrews, Harold Perrineau, Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim  

Out of the blackness the first thing Jack senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.  

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had-like Kate who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain. But the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.  
I've searched the ABC website and do not see a date or time posted today.
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
avsfanbuck
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Pulling W. Out for another Party!

avsfanbuck69   avsfanbuck01
View Profile Email

Re: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 8:56am »

All I know is that it has the hobbit in it
IP Logged

You all Know that Cappy is coming back for All Stars!
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 5:06pm »

We're excited about this one.. been waiting weeks to see the premier.. hope it lives up to expectations.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 5:11pm »

It premieres tomorrow night (Wed) at 7:00 CST followed by the season premiere of the Bachelor.  And I am dying to see it.  TV Guide has it showcased and is giving it a 9.  Too much reality TV debuting.  Got get the VCR ready to roll.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 6:59pm »

Getting ready to watch this and I'm excited.    Cheesy
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 8:05pm »

Cool  We've watched it and find it filled with much anticipation, which will probably last the whole season.   Cool
IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 8:41pm »

Luci!! You abandoned smallvilleHuh
IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 7:34am »

I taped this while watching Smallville.  

I like it so far. The one thing that puzzles me is they can see the trees moving/breaking in the distance. Why not head out there when it is light and look for tracks?

Cast seems ok. I think the writing will determine if I keep on taping this or not. So far I think it has potential.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 8:16pm »

Former Hobbit Is Far from 'Lost'
(Wednesday, September 22 02:46 PM)
By Daniel Fienberg  
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Dominic Monaghan, an actor best known as one of the guardians of the ring in the Oscar-winning "Lord of the Rings" movies, is on the phone from Hawaii, where he's just embarked on another jewelry quest, this time searching for earrings to send his mother for her birthday. There doesn't have to be anything mystical about the earrings, but they can't be too dangly.
Along the way, there are certainly myriad obstacles. Over the course of a 25-minute interview, Monaghan is stopped repeatedly for autographs and pictures. He's also accosted by one person who knows the unassuming thespian looks familiar, but can't identify him. Monaghan cops to being an actor, but notes only that he's filming "Lost" on the island for ABC.  

A minute later, the same person returns, more confident.

"Were you in that hobbit thing?"
"Yeah, that's right, I was one of the hobbits," Monaghan says, only slightly drawn out. "I was at the shop across the street looking for earrings for my mum, but do you know any other craft-y shops?"

Safely away from his semi-fan and back on the streets, Monaghan laughs at the exchange.

"I think it's the cheesiest thing in the world to be saying 'Oh, I'm an actor' and for people to go 'Oh, yeah?' and for you to say 'Yes, you may have seen me in such films as blah, blah blah,'" he explains. "I help them along the way, but at no point do I say, 'Oh, I'm in 'Lord of the Rings'' because that's like saying 'Oh, I'm a Los Angeles Laker.'"

As good-spirited and occasionally resourceful hobbit Merry Brandybuck, Monaghan was part of a trilogy that earned billions, but also roared through the Oscars, running the table at this year's ceremony. In addition to coming away from the experience with fame and adoration, Monaghan quickly discovered he had been typecast.

"Generally the more pixie-type, Mogwai-kind, Furby-variety of characters," the 26-year-old says, explaining the roles he was offered. "There's been an assumption from a lot of casting directors that I'm a very sweet, cute, cuddly, non-threatening, non-offensive type of person. I think generally I am and I do have that inside me ... but there are other things about me that I want to show people."

For many viewers, "Lost" will provide the first chance to see the German-born, Manchester, England-raised Monaghan outside of Middle Earth. Monaghan plays Charlie, a member of a once-popular rock band which had a flourish of fame before vanishing into obscurity. Charlie is skittish and needy and has a host of other problems that are either revealed in the pilot or as the series progresses.  

"He's evolving as we speak," says the actor, who has completed shooting seven episodes of the highly secretive series. "I'm trying to play him as a bad good guy. I see him as essentially a good guy, but he's got some really f***ed up elements to get through."

It's almost impossible not to read a healthy dose of Monaghan onto his character. Caught up in the "Lord of the Rings" phenomenon, but not as inextricably linked to it as an Elijah Wood or Viggo Mortensen, he's still trying to deal with the fact that fans feel that it's acceptable to come up to him in public and start touching him. Also, between lengthy location shoots for "LotR" in New Zealand and his new gig in Hawaii, Monaghan is used to a certain sense of dislocation.

"There's a lot of stuff that goes on when you leave your home," Monaghan notes with a sigh. "There're a lot of situations when you'd like to sit down with people and explain to them why you've not been around or why you've not been able to make certain events or birthdays. The bottom line is that I made the decision when I was 18 that my main drive for the foreseeable future was going to be my career. It's the thing that drives me."

A veteran of British television, including the long-running "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates," Monaghan initially had reservations about returning to the small screen and making a potentially lengthy commitment to a series. He quickly realized that "Lost" creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof were making a character that would let him stretch.

"I think we find Charlie at a crossroads in his life and I would like to see him struggle to work out who he's going to be and how he's going to contribute to the group," he says.

Monaghan knows what he contributes to the "Lost" group. With dozens of mysteries still unresolved after the two-part pilot, "Lost" has potential to become a cult favorite with fans every bit as passionate as the devotees of Abrams' spy drama. If that happens, Monaghan is ready to help.

"I'm in this nice position of being aware of it and being able to tell some of the younger cast members or some of the less experienced cast members that this potentially could be a life changing thing," he says. "It can get very crazy very quickly and if you don't have your wits about you, you can really start to get lost."  

"Lost" premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 22 at at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 10:36am »

Good episode last night. It helped give some depth to a few of the characters and explain a few of the mysteries while adding to some others.

Hopefully this goes on this season as I have liked it so far.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 11:02am »

No way did we abandon Smallville, this is what VCR's are for Grin Cool
IP Logged

mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 7:56pm »

I go to church on Wednesdays so i have to tape both Smallville and Lost.  how sad are we all?haha.  They are both such grea shows, so i think its worth it.  I dont watch anything from the 8pm(central time) time slot, so i feel that lost is sorta taking the place of Angel.   Wink
IP Logged

Michael
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 1:58pm »

The 'Lost' Mystery Monster Revealed

There are strange goings-on in the jungles on ABC's new hit series "Lost." The 48 survivors of creator J.J. ABRAMS' plane crash believe themselves to be on a tropical isle, that is until they run into a polar bear.

On tonight's ET, our CARLOS PONCE tries to get the inside story on this mystery when he is on the set with series stars MATTHEW FOX and DOMINIC MONAGHAN.

"Lost" is the latest entry from the creator of "Alias" and "Felicity," and is the story of a group of people who have survived a horrible plane crash somewhere in the South Pacific. But since they were 1,000 miles off course at the time, no one really knows where they are, including the rescue teams. And, as if things aren't bad enough, there is a 'Predator'-type monster on the island.

"We don't know what it is," claims Dominic, who plays a character named Charlie, a rocker from a band named Drive Shaft. "If we knew we would tell you. What we do know is that it is not a dinosaur. We do know it is scary. One of my feelings is that it may not be coming after us. We may have encroached on its territory, or we may have disturbed its babies. My feeling about it is that it is an elephant with a whole bunch of cats attached to it."

One lucky note for the survivors is the fact that one of their number, Jack (Fox), is a medical doctor, who helps them get through the initial shock of the crash.

"Jack is a spinal surgeon," Matthew says of his character. "That is such an incredibly specialized area of medicine and the technology that was available to him was very high tech. Suddenly he is having to be a general practitioner without any of the tools. He is having to relearn some of the things he may have learned really early in his medical studies."

"Lost" has one of the largest casts in series television, because unlike "Gilligan's Island," people won't be popping by. We will see flashbacks to give us insight into the various characters, so guest stars may be utilized that way.

"'Lost' is about life and death," Dominic explains. "There are a lot of different theories [about where we are]. People died and are in hell. The island itself is not on earth. Or this is someone's dream. There are so many theories about what it could be."

Also in the cast are EVANGELINE LILLY, IAN SOMERHALDER, JORGE GARCIA, MAGGIE GRACE, MALCOLM DAVID KELLEY, NAVEEN ANDREWS, HAROLD PERRINEAU, JOSH HOLLOWAY, TERRY O'QUINN, DANIEL DAE KIM, YUNJIN KIM and EMILIE de RAVIN, who have the happy circumstance of living in Hawaii, where the series shoots, for the run.

"My wife, my daughter and I have been coming here for six or seven years on vacation," Matthew says, "and anytime I have ever come here, I thought, 'How great would it be to work over in this environment for a bit?' So when 'Lost' came along and I got the job and then it got picked up, we got progressively more excited about living here."

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:24pm »

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!  I've searched out spoilers and message boards.  Some of the ideas and thoughts and concepts I'm finding are quite intriguing.  I love never knowing what's gonna happen next!  When you consider 48 characters, one day per episode... only 15 characters at a time are being "focused" on.... this show could go on for years and change constantly!.. Brilliant concept on the part of the creators.  Can't wait to see how it does and if it sticks around.  Everyone I know who is watching it, is totally hooked!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 11:52am »

I thought this week's episode was really well done, definitely a compelling story line.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  11 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.