Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:55pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « LOST, ABC's new Fall Show »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show  (Read 13028 times)
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« on: Sep 12th, 2004, 2:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Starring: Evangeline Lilly, Ian Somerhalder, Dominic Monaghan, Jorge Garcia, Maggie Grace, Malcolm David Kelley, Naveen Andrews, Harold Perrineau, Josh Holloway, Matthew Fox, Terry O'Quinn, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim  

Out of the blackness the first thing Jack senses is pain. Then burning sun. A Bamboo forest. Smoke. Screams. With a rush comes the horrible awareness that the plane he was on tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island. From there it's a blur, as his doctor's instinct kicks in: people need his help.  

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had-like Kate who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain. But the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

From J.J. Abrams, the creator of Alias, comes an action-packed adventure that will bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost.  
I've searched the ABC website and do not see a date or time posted today.
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
avsfanbuck
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Pulling W. Out for another Party!

avsfanbuck69   avsfanbuck01
View Profile Email

Re: LOST, ABC's new Fall Show
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14th, 2004, 8:56am »

All I know is that it has the hobbit in it
IP Logged

You all Know that Cappy is coming back for All Stars!
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 5:06pm »

We're excited about this one.. been waiting weeks to see the premier.. hope it lives up to expectations.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 21st, 2004, 5:11pm »

It premieres tomorrow night (Wed) at 7:00 CST followed by the season premiere of the Bachelor.  And I am dying to see it.  TV Guide has it showcased and is giving it a 9.  Too much reality TV debuting.  Got get the VCR ready to roll.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 6:59pm »

Getting ready to watch this and I'm excited.    Cheesy
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 8:05pm »

Cool  We've watched it and find it filled with much anticipation, which will probably last the whole season.   Cool
IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 8:41pm »

Luci!! You abandoned smallvilleHuh
IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"I wonder if I should do a comb over?"

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 7:34am »

I taped this while watching Smallville.  

I like it so far. The one thing that puzzles me is they can see the trees moving/breaking in the distance. Why not head out there when it is light and look for tracks?

Cast seems ok. I think the writing will determine if I keep on taping this or not. So far I think it has potential.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 8:16pm »

Former Hobbit Is Far from 'Lost'
(Wednesday, September 22 02:46 PM)
By Daniel Fienberg  
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Dominic Monaghan, an actor best known as one of the guardians of the ring in the Oscar-winning "Lord of the Rings" movies, is on the phone from Hawaii, where he's just embarked on another jewelry quest, this time searching for earrings to send his mother for her birthday. There doesn't have to be anything mystical about the earrings, but they can't be too dangly.
Along the way, there are certainly myriad obstacles. Over the course of a 25-minute interview, Monaghan is stopped repeatedly for autographs and pictures. He's also accosted by one person who knows the unassuming thespian looks familiar, but can't identify him. Monaghan cops to being an actor, but notes only that he's filming "Lost" on the island for ABC.  

A minute later, the same person returns, more confident.

"Were you in that hobbit thing?"
"Yeah, that's right, I was one of the hobbits," Monaghan says, only slightly drawn out. "I was at the shop across the street looking for earrings for my mum, but do you know any other craft-y shops?"

Safely away from his semi-fan and back on the streets, Monaghan laughs at the exchange.

"I think it's the cheesiest thing in the world to be saying 'Oh, I'm an actor' and for people to go 'Oh, yeah?' and for you to say 'Yes, you may have seen me in such films as blah, blah blah,'" he explains. "I help them along the way, but at no point do I say, 'Oh, I'm in 'Lord of the Rings'' because that's like saying 'Oh, I'm a Los Angeles Laker.'"

As good-spirited and occasionally resourceful hobbit Merry Brandybuck, Monaghan was part of a trilogy that earned billions, but also roared through the Oscars, running the table at this year's ceremony. In addition to coming away from the experience with fame and adoration, Monaghan quickly discovered he had been typecast.

"Generally the more pixie-type, Mogwai-kind, Furby-variety of characters," the 26-year-old says, explaining the roles he was offered. "There's been an assumption from a lot of casting directors that I'm a very sweet, cute, cuddly, non-threatening, non-offensive type of person. I think generally I am and I do have that inside me ... but there are other things about me that I want to show people."

For many viewers, "Lost" will provide the first chance to see the German-born, Manchester, England-raised Monaghan outside of Middle Earth. Monaghan plays Charlie, a member of a once-popular rock band which had a flourish of fame before vanishing into obscurity. Charlie is skittish and needy and has a host of other problems that are either revealed in the pilot or as the series progresses.  

"He's evolving as we speak," says the actor, who has completed shooting seven episodes of the highly secretive series. "I'm trying to play him as a bad good guy. I see him as essentially a good guy, but he's got some really f***ed up elements to get through."

It's almost impossible not to read a healthy dose of Monaghan onto his character. Caught up in the "Lord of the Rings" phenomenon, but not as inextricably linked to it as an Elijah Wood or Viggo Mortensen, he's still trying to deal with the fact that fans feel that it's acceptable to come up to him in public and start touching him. Also, between lengthy location shoots for "LotR" in New Zealand and his new gig in Hawaii, Monaghan is used to a certain sense of dislocation.

"There's a lot of stuff that goes on when you leave your home," Monaghan notes with a sigh. "There're a lot of situations when you'd like to sit down with people and explain to them why you've not been around or why you've not been able to make certain events or birthdays. The bottom line is that I made the decision when I was 18 that my main drive for the foreseeable future was going to be my career. It's the thing that drives me."

A veteran of British television, including the long-running "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates," Monaghan initially had reservations about returning to the small screen and making a potentially lengthy commitment to a series. He quickly realized that "Lost" creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof were making a character that would let him stretch.

"I think we find Charlie at a crossroads in his life and I would like to see him struggle to work out who he's going to be and how he's going to contribute to the group," he says.

Monaghan knows what he contributes to the "Lost" group. With dozens of mysteries still unresolved after the two-part pilot, "Lost" has potential to become a cult favorite with fans every bit as passionate as the devotees of Abrams' spy drama. If that happens, Monaghan is ready to help.

"I'm in this nice position of being aware of it and being able to tell some of the younger cast members or some of the less experienced cast members that this potentially could be a life changing thing," he says. "It can get very crazy very quickly and if you don't have your wits about you, you can really start to get lost."  

"Lost" premieres on Wednesday, Sept. 22 at at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

IP Logged
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 10:36am »

Good episode last night. It helped give some depth to a few of the characters and explain a few of the mysteries while adding to some others.

Hopefully this goes on this season as I have liked it so far.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 11:02am »

No way did we abandon Smallville, this is what VCR's are for Grin Cool
IP Logged

mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Oct 5th, 2004, 7:56pm »

I go to church on Wednesdays so i have to tape both Smallville and Lost.  how sad are we all?haha.  They are both such grea shows, so i think its worth it.  I dont watch anything from the 8pm(central time) time slot, so i feel that lost is sorta taking the place of Angel.   Wink
IP Logged

Michael
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 1:58pm »

The 'Lost' Mystery Monster Revealed

There are strange goings-on in the jungles on ABC's new hit series "Lost." The 48 survivors of creator J.J. ABRAMS' plane crash believe themselves to be on a tropical isle, that is until they run into a polar bear.

On tonight's ET, our CARLOS PONCE tries to get the inside story on this mystery when he is on the set with series stars MATTHEW FOX and DOMINIC MONAGHAN.

"Lost" is the latest entry from the creator of "Alias" and "Felicity," and is the story of a group of people who have survived a horrible plane crash somewhere in the South Pacific. But since they were 1,000 miles off course at the time, no one really knows where they are, including the rescue teams. And, as if things aren't bad enough, there is a 'Predator'-type monster on the island.

"We don't know what it is," claims Dominic, who plays a character named Charlie, a rocker from a band named Drive Shaft. "If we knew we would tell you. What we do know is that it is not a dinosaur. We do know it is scary. One of my feelings is that it may not be coming after us. We may have encroached on its territory, or we may have disturbed its babies. My feeling about it is that it is an elephant with a whole bunch of cats attached to it."

One lucky note for the survivors is the fact that one of their number, Jack (Fox), is a medical doctor, who helps them get through the initial shock of the crash.

"Jack is a spinal surgeon," Matthew says of his character. "That is such an incredibly specialized area of medicine and the technology that was available to him was very high tech. Suddenly he is having to be a general practitioner without any of the tools. He is having to relearn some of the things he may have learned really early in his medical studies."

"Lost" has one of the largest casts in series television, because unlike "Gilligan's Island," people won't be popping by. We will see flashbacks to give us insight into the various characters, so guest stars may be utilized that way.

"'Lost' is about life and death," Dominic explains. "There are a lot of different theories [about where we are]. People died and are in hell. The island itself is not on earth. Or this is someone's dream. There are so many theories about what it could be."

Also in the cast are EVANGELINE LILLY, IAN SOMERHALDER, JORGE GARCIA, MAGGIE GRACE, MALCOLM DAVID KELLEY, NAVEEN ANDREWS, HAROLD PERRINEAU, JOSH HOLLOWAY, TERRY O'QUINN, DANIEL DAE KIM, YUNJIN KIM and EMILIE de RAVIN, who have the happy circumstance of living in Hawaii, where the series shoots, for the run.

"My wife, my daughter and I have been coming here for six or seven years on vacation," Matthew says, "and anytime I have ever come here, I thought, 'How great would it be to work over in this environment for a bit?' So when 'Lost' came along and I got the job and then it got picked up, we got progressively more excited about living here."

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:24pm »

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!  I've searched out spoilers and message boards.  Some of the ideas and thoughts and concepts I'm finding are quite intriguing.  I love never knowing what's gonna happen next!  When you consider 48 characters, one day per episode... only 15 characters at a time are being "focused" on.... this show could go on for years and change constantly!.. Brilliant concept on the part of the creators.  Can't wait to see how it does and if it sticks around.  Everyone I know who is watching it, is totally hooked!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 11:52am »

I thought this week's episode was really well done, definitely a compelling story line.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 3:50pm »

If you mean last night, when and where was it on Huh
The Presidential Debate took it's time here  Angry
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 7:08pm »

Recap of Last night's episode:

"Walkabout"  
Air Date: 10/13/2004  

We are in Locke's dream as the show opens and it's moments after the crash. As his eye opens, we see the experience from his perspective. Chaos rages around him as he very cautiously looks down to his feet. We see him wiggle his big toe — Good, everything works.  

Back in real time, Locke's dream is interrupted by Vincent barking. In fact, he's waking up the entire camp. He won't stop barking at the fuselage and when Jack and the others listen closely they can hear something rummaging around in there. But that can't be, everything in there is…dead. Sawyer? Nope, he's right behind Jack. When they shine a flashlight inside, two glowing eyes shine right back at them. Uh oh…

Three squealing beasts charge out of the wreckage and tear through the camp. As they disappear back into the jungle, Locke is able to determine what they are —Wild Boars. They've been attracted by the bodies that have been baking in the fuselage for the last 4 days. Something has to be done. Bury them? They wouldn't stay buried, not for long anyway. Jack makes the only call he can — The bodies have to be burned.

But, as usual, just as one problem is solved, another rears its ugly head. They're out of food. It's all gone. And just as panic begins to set in, Locke steps forward with his own brand of problem solving. They can hunt the boars. What are they supposed to hunt with? The case of knives Locke checked into the luggage compartment. "Who is this guy?"  

In FLASHBACK Locke gets a cryptic phone call from someone who calls him "Colonel." Of course, he's in the military! But we soon discover that isn't true at all — Locke is just another cubicle jockey with an active imagination.

Back on the island, Michael is getting ready to go with Locke. Walt wants to come, but Michael manages to communicate with Sun well enough to convince her to watch his son until the hunting party returns. Meanwhile, Sayid has a plan to try and locate the source of the French Transmission using homemade antennas to triangulate the signal. Kate agrees to help him and tells Jack of her plan before setting off with Locke and Michael to hunt for boar. Back at the fuselage, Claire is beginning to collect the personal effects of the dead for use in a eulogy during the cremation. She asks Jack to be the one to give it, but he doesn't want the job. Claire decides to do it herself.  

Boone remarks to Shannon that one of the survivors, Ruth, has been sitting by herself way down the beach. He's pretty sure she hasn't eaten since the crash. When Shannon tells him to butt out, Boone reminds Shannon that she would starve without his help. She vows to show him she can take care of herself.  

Deep in the jungle, Locke has found the boar trail. They're close. He sends Michael and Kate out to surround the beast, but it turns on them and charges. Michael is gored in the leg and as Kate helps him up she calls to Locke to see if he is okay. "I'm fine, Helen, I just got the wind knocked out of me." Who is Helen?

In FLASHBACK, we see Locke enjoying an intimate conversation with "Helen" over the phone. He has a surprise for her — he finally saved up the money to go to Australia and take that authentic aboriginal walkabout. And guess what? He bought two tickets. Sadly, we learn that Helen doesn't share the same feelings for Locke as he does for her.

Back on the island, Kate agrees to help Michael limp back to the beach, but Locke is determined to bring down that boar. Kate tells him he can't go out there by alone. Locke disagrees. "Don't tell me what I can't do."  

Back on the beach, a hunter of another sort has found her quarry. Shannon flirts with Charlie and mentions how much she would like a fish. Charlie is only too happy to catch her one…as soon as he can learn how to from Hurley.

Jack has made his way over to Rose and tries to get her to open up to him. After some time, she does and tells him that, even though he has not been found, she believes her husband, Bernard is still alive. She agrees to rejoin the others. Meanwhile, back at the fuselage, Claire has found an envelope with Sayid's name on it. He opens it and we find a woman's picture inside. Sayid can't seem to take his eyes off her.

On the way back to the beach, Kate stops to climb a tree and attach the antenna. But when she is up there, she sees the monster knocking down trees in the distance and drops the antenna, breaking it. And the monster…is heading straight for Locke.

On the beach, Sun is teaching Walt about natural substitutes for toothpaste when Michael and Kate return. The others learn that the hunt was unsuccessful and worse still, that Locke is probably dead.

When Jack is making the final preparations to the fuselage, he sees something — wait -someone, off in the forest. When he chases after him, he runs smack into Locke, who has somehow managed to survive his run in with the monster. And that's not all — he brought back a boar with him.  

As night falls, the fuselage is ignited and the names of the dead are read in memorial to them. Michael congratulates Locke on the hunt and asks him if he got a look at the monster. Locke tells him he didn't see anything.  

But as we get one more glimpse into his past, we learn that Locke is keeping a secret — one that must be seen to be believed.  
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 7:11pm »

Looks like it was on right before the debate.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 7:12pm »

Thanks for the recap Rhune. I did get to see it. It's my new fave show behind Survivor of course.   Cool
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Oct 14th, 2004, 7:38pm »

I notice the recap is kinda hazy about what happened in the episode.
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 2:08pm »

Undecided Where will the local TV stations air it here!!!  Undecided
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15th, 2004, 6:30pm »

My suggestion would be to start a letter writing campaign to AXN or one of the other big providers over there and ask for the show to be aired.  Physically written letters sometimes have a big impact, as we saw with our letter writing campaign to renew Amazing Race.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 8:44am »

Get Lost: The Mystery Solved!
by Ben Katner TV Guide

Is it just us, or is watching ABC's plane-crash smash, Lost (Wednesdays, 9 pm/ET), a little bit like driving on the New Jersey Turnpike? You never know where the heck it's going to take you, and yet you can't escape it, either. In any case, while we may never find our way on Garden State thoroughfares, we can make sense of the trippiest series since Twin Peaks. Consider, if you will, the following scenarios to explain the weird occurrences on the ultimate survivor island, then click at the bottom of this story to vote for the option you find most plausible.

The survivors are all dead. Think about it! Where else but in heaven could an individual walk away from a plane wreck looking as yummy as Kate (Evangeline Lilly) or Boone (Ian Somerhalder)? Plus, only divine intervention would allow paralyzed Locke (Terry O'Quinn) to suddenly walk. On the other hand, would even a vengeful God trap sinners with a tree-shaking beastie, not to mention obnoxious hothead Sawyer (Josh Holloway)? Let's contemplate a variation on the theme...

They're in purgatory. That's the ticket! Maybe Jack (Matthew Fox) isn't the Dr. Nice Guy that he appears to be. Lord knows his fellow beachcombers are a mixed bag of misanthropes and mischief-makers. So perhaps they are all stuck together, cluelessly working toward an understanding of some highly personal life lessons. Bratty Shannon (Maggie Grace) must see that using people is wrong; druggy Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) must begin to just say no... you get the idea. And the quick-vanishing man in the suit? Why, he is to purgatory what Della Reese was to Touched by an Angel — a kind of celestial overseer.

They're in outer space. Yeah, yeah, it's a mind-blowing proposition, we know. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. What if some alien race decided to Xerox Earth? They'd want to see how close they'd come to an exact duplicate, wouldn't they? So, to test their prefab world, they "import" a bunch of the natives by knocking their plane out of the air. Gradually, the busybody ETs would figure out the same thing that their unwitting guinea pigs are: Something is amiss. That's why there was a polar bear in the tropics; the Martians knew there were such creatures on Earth, they just didn't quite pinpoint where they belonged. This may also be why Locke was able to ditch his wheelchair; the pseudo-atmosphere in which our gang now reside may be slightly altered, allowing for miraculous feats of, in this case, an old guy's feet.

They're in Jurassic Park. We give creator J.J. Abrams way more credit than to seriously think he'd tear a page from another writer's blockbuster. However, if he somehow found a way to isolate his crew on a prehistoric isle, letting them in the back door so that neither they nor the audience knew what to expect, well, that prospect might be too tempting to resist. In addition, short of a guest appearance by the Jolly Green Giant, it's going to take a creature of T. Rex-ian proportions to keep us from being disappointed by the eventual revelation of the monster in the brush.

They're part of a government study. Cue the X-Files theme. This is obviously the kind of conspiracy about which Mulder lived to theorize. A disaster from which nobody should've walked away... an island nobody ever heard of... a shady character as sharply dressed as the nefarious Cigarette-Smoking Man. Yeah, this has "Made in the U.S.A." written all over it. Perhaps the G-men want to see what effect all that violence in TV and movies has really had on people. (They wouldn't be disappointed, either: There've been fisticuffs and gunplay nearly every day.) Or maybe the whole downing of the plane was orchestrated to rub out Kate, who isn't the criminal we're meant to think she is but a fearless spy who knows too much. On second thought, forget the X-Files theme; cue the Alias opening. There may be a crossover coming...

They're about to meet seven other stranded castaways. All these weeks, we've been thinking we're watching a new drama. As if! When our heroes make it to the other side of the island, we learn that we've been duped into watching a sitcom and that there will be hilarity galore once the likes of goofball Charlie and ornery Sawyer start mixing and mingling with a certain skipper, his first mate and their gaggle of ill-fated tour-boat passengers (among them, a millionaire and his wife, a movie star and... you know, the rest). Silly as it is, we're kind of partial to this outcome, if only because we expect the Professor will have a much easier time fashioning a two-way radio out of coconuts with the help of Lost's resident Mr. Wizard, Sayid (Naveen Andrews).

IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 8:50am »

Secrets of Lost in TV Guide
http://www.tvguide.com/tv/coverstory/

Lost might have easily been MIA by now. The new ABC drama's concept — plane-crash survivors fight to stay alive on an eerily remote island in the Pacific — seemed too gimmicky to generate sufficient juice for a weekly series. But leave it to J.J. Abrams, the dizzyingly inventive architect of Alias, and partner Damon Lindelof (Crossing Jordan) to create a genre-bending, character-driven thriller that, in five short weeks, has managed to become TV's most addictive new drama. Suddenly, anyone worth his watercooler is buzzing about Lost's world: What crime might feisty fugitive Kate (Evangeline Lilly) have committed? How exactly did Locke (Terry O'Quinn), a paraplegic before the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight, regain the use of his legs and become the island's lean, mean, wild boar-killing machine? Is Jack's (Matthew Fox) drunken, demanding dad really dead? And what is that unseen, malevolent monster that made mincemeat out of the plane's pilot? "We know," Lindelof teases. "And we promise by the end of the first year, the audience will know at least a little more." The Lost league may be cryptic, but that didn't deter TV Guide from digging up juicy show secrets. — Shawna Malcolm

Matthew Fox has something in common with Richard Hatch.  
"He likes to take all his clothes off," Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) reveals of his costar, who's been nicknamed "Foxy" by the cast. "Foxy is kind of free and easy." Lilly vividly recalls the first time she saw the former Party of Five star au naturel: "We were shooting the pilot. The cast had had a few alcoholic beverages, and he jumped into the ocean at, like, 5 am. It's like, 'Um, should I be seeing this?'" Fox, 38, makes no apologies for his naked ambitions. "We're [shooting] in Hawaii," he says with a laugh. "It's conducive to skinny-dipping. And I'm totally into people just being cool enough to be naked."

Don't expect these castaways to waste away.  
"The reality is, you're not going to call up Jorge Garcia [who plays Hurley] and say, 'Lose 150 pounds over the course of the season,'" Lindelof says. "Tom Hanks took off months to [lose weight] for Castaway. And he was paid $20 million to do it." (And the Lost cast is earning, uh, nowhere near that.) In an effort to make the actors' regular weights seem more realistic, expect to see the characters routinely finding food. Plus, producers say each episode will represent only a day or two, which means that even if 22 episodes air this season, a maximum of 44 days would have elapsed by the Lost clock. Monaghan, however, is game for growing an unruly Hanks-style beard: "Not to have to shave, and I've still got a job? Fantastic!"

Inspiration comes in many forms, including Maury Povich.  
The title of Charlie's band's fictitious hit, "You All Everybody" (which Monaghan sang a snippet of in the first episode), comes from a nonsensical rant uttered by a female audience member on an episode of Povich's tabloid talk show. While brainstorming ideas for lyrics days before shooting last spring, Abrams remembered the phrase and deemed it perfect for illustrating how disposable the band's music should sound. But to his surprise, a fleshed-out version of the song, which singer-songwriter Jude recently recorded for use in a flashback concert scene in the Nov. 3 episode, "is actually pretty great," Abrams says. "My dream is that we get the song put on iTunes and it becomes a big hit." He's joking. We think.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Oct 20th, 2004, 8:05pm »

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-10-20
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #25 on: Nov 3rd, 2004, 3:34pm »

LOTR Hobbit Lost in Hawaii
by Daniel R. Coleridge

All the world knows Dominic Monaghan as Merry Brandybuck, one of those brave li'l hobbits from the Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Now he has another major hit on his hands with ABC's Lost, the suspense drama about plane-crash survivors stranded on a desert isle where something even scarier than Jerri Manthey is roaming the forest. The 28-year-old Brit plays Charlie, the junkie rock star, whose tragic backstory is revealed tonight at 8 pm/ET. Yes, Charlie finally gets his very own flashback episode! Just before jetting off to Lost's Hawaiian set, Monaghan sat down with TV Guide Online in Hollywood, where he lives during his downtime, to give us a juicy preview.

TV Guide Online: LOTR took you three years in New Zealand. Now you're sequestered in Hawaii for Lost. When do you see your family? Or are ya on the run, like Kate?
Dominic Monaghan: Yeah, kind of! But my parents are pretty much like me. They move around quite a lot. Right now, they're living in Madrid. They're not gypsies, but they're traveling folk who like to move about. As kids, we moved every few years to different places in Europe. I think that's what's made me the type of guy who enjoys picking up his life and moving somewhere else. It's no hardship for me living in new countries and getting used to different cultures. It keeps me alive and happy.

TVGO: Seems like a good philosophy, since actors are journeymen who don't always know where their next paycheck's coming from.
Monaghan: That's totally true. If you get too connected to one place, you get in trouble because as soon as you move, you lose all those things you relied on to make you happy.

TVGO: What do the words Charlie writes on his taped fingers mean? Which words have we seen so far?
Monaghan: The first word we've seen was "fate." The second word was "late." Charlie's an artist and a songwriter, so he expresses his feelings by writing stuff down.

TVGO: Charlie's faux band, Driveshaft — are they pop, rock or death metal?
Monaghan: They're generic, poppy rock that's not really changing the world. Charlie likes to think he's close to The Verve. In truth, he's probably closer to a British band called Ocean Colour Scene. They're a one-hit wonder; their biggest hit was "The Riverboat Song."

TVGO: Is Charlie secretly connected to anyone else on the island?
Monaghan: At this point, I don't think so, but you never know. Right now, that doesn't seem to be the case. He's a loner on the island. I think every single one of those people are connected to each other in some way, though.

TVGO: Why was Charlie in Australia... and were his band mates on the plane?
Monaghan: No, they weren't. You're going to find out [tonight] why Charlie was in Australia. He went to see his brother, who lives in Sydney, and offered him a business proposition.

TVGO: Who's scarier: LOTR's Gollum or Maggie Grace's hateful Shannon?
Monaghan: Right now Maggie's character is pretty scary, but you're gonna come to really like her. The reason she's being the person that she is, is she's gone through some hellish trials in her life. Hopefully, you'll ultimately have a lot more sympathy for Maggie's character.

TVGO: Who's prettier: Gollum or Maggie Grace?
Monaghan: Are you kidding? Maggie Grace is beautiful. But I've got a lot of love for Gollum. I really feel for the guy. He's as tortured by the ring as everyone else, and he's one of the more human characters in the entire trilogy. Human beings by nature show weakness. Characters like Aragorn, Theoden and Legolas, who are supposedly humanlike, are the most unlike humans, whereas Gollum wears it on his sleeve. I have empathy for him.

TVGO: Back to Lost. You've finally got your own flashback episode tonight!
Monaghan: What you know of Charlie, up to now, is that he's got a drug addiction problem. You're going to learn the genesis of where, why and how it began. We'll also learn more about Charlie's fears on the island. He becomes more well-rounded after this fifth episode because the audience will understand the substantial issues he's been dealing with in life.

TVGO: As an actor, it must be very flattering to have the spotlight on Charlie this week.
Monaghan: It is, and up until this point, I didn't feel Charlie had really contributed on the island. By the end of the episode, he saves the life of someone on the island. Even while he's going through this terrible cold turkey, Charlie proves to himself and the others that he's capable of coming through. He's moving toward the person he'll become when his drugs run out.

TVGO: You all have amusing theories on what that thing in the forest is.
Monaghan: My theory is that it's an African elephant with about 35 cats attached to his body with Scotch tape. The cats are scratching him and he's rampaging through the jungle, trying to get these cats off. [Cocreators and executive producers] J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof said I'm not too far off from the truth! So I think I get special brownie points for nearly hitting the nail on the head.

TVGO: Clearly this elephant/cats scenario is the work of a criminal mastermind.
Monaghan: That's essentially what J.J. and Damon are!
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:11pm »

I have to admit, I'm lovin this show so far...course I also enjoyed the first couple seasons of X-Files and loved Twin Peaks, so it's right up my alley...
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I'm older now but still running against the wind.

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:27am »

I agree, Rhune.  Someone on another board also likened this show to Twin Peaks.  It DOES have that jagged mystery about it, doesn't it?!

This show is so addicting, I can hardly wait for each eppy!  I love the flashbacks that give you a glimpse into each character's life leading up to that fateful day on the plane.
IP Logged

That God, which ever lives and loves,
One God, one law, one element,
And one far-off divine event,
To which the whole creation moves.

Tennyson
wolverina
ForumsNet Member

No. Really.

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:18pm »

I lurv Dominic Monaghan.

I'm so glad they rounded out his character. I was afraid they were just going to keep him on the periphery so they could use his name as a draw.

He's very very good in this role. Keeps it from being one or even two dimensional.
IP Logged

No. Really.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 7:41pm »

Nod, he's got a plum role in this series.    I read an article the other day where he said he'd done some traveling in time off with Matthew Fox (Jack) and that people would get nervous when they would see the two of them together on their flight...lol
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 12:00pm »

What did you guys think of that Ethan character?  He had told Hurley that his last name was Rom.  In discussions on another board, we first thought it was an Ethan Frome clue.  But then someone pointed out the Ethan Rom rearranged equals OtherMan.  

We thought it was Danielle's (the French lady) hubby at first but he's too young.  Then we thought it was her son, but he's too old.

Do you guys have any theoriesHuh
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 12:58pm »

I had considered it could be her son, but you're right, he's too old for that.  Obviously there is more than one of him though, since they believe more than one took Claire and Charlie and Sayid said there are "others" on the island.  Also, he was hearing multiple voices.
IP Logged
wolverina
ForumsNet Member

No. Really.

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 1:35pm »

Ethan Rom = Other Man

if you scramble and  unscramble the letters.

And didn't the psychic tell Claire that she should not let her child be raised by another. also that the child will not have a good end unless she raised it. Or something like that.

So if Ethan Rom = Other Man  

then does "another" actually mean "an other"?

I thought he might be the French lady's son too, but thought that he was too old. But I'm trying to think about how he could be connected to the French lady's son. I mean, he still could be. and be some sort of shape shifter, which is how jack also sees his dad there. maybe these "others" ARE shape shifters, which is how a polar bear ended up on the island. One of them shifted into a bear, but got killed before changing back.

my head hurts.
IP Logged

No. Really.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 4:06pm »

Well the logical conclusion would be that the french woman's son is with them, that they (or he) took him at some point.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Dec 4th, 2004, 11:51pm »

Well, I agree that there has to be others.  Ethan couldn't have overpowered both Claire and Charlie by himself.  He had to have help.

This show just drives me nuts!!!  A week is too long to wait for answers!!! Undecided
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 7:45pm »

Just a side note.... the guy playing Ethan, is Tom Cruise's cousin...
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 8th, 2004, 7:16pm »

Laugh, nod, my husband recognized him right away and yelled (pointing at the screen) Tom Cruise's cousin!!  LOL..
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 8:47am »

And now we have to wait until the first of the year to see what happens next!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 11:23am »

gah...they sure know how to leave you wanting more.   I'm thinking that metal thing they found is like a bomb shelter or something.  My guess is the people they are tracking are under ground.
IP Logged
QuantumT
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

I need a copy of the 12/8 episode PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #39 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 4:40pm »

Don't even ask how this happened  Angry I did not see the Lost episode last night.  Does anyone have a copy?  I will pay for the cost of the vhs tape/cd/dvd and all postage.  Actually you can bribe me, I really need a copy...please, please, please!

I will be in your debt forever and ever, let me know what you need.  

Thanks  Kiss
QT

(I will admit the reason I missed l
Lost:  I am an Idoit... Sad...I actually lost a day, %$#@ not working as I normally do I watched the New Gilligans Island thinking it was Tuesday).  WTF was I thinking?  Obviously I wasn't.  Undecided

Someone take pity on me  Wink and send me the Lost episode, again I say Please, please, please! :deal:
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2004, 5:15pm by QuantumT » IP Logged

Surprisingly, I was not startled to find a wee Abraham Lincoln sitting right there on my shoulder. We looked at each other for just a moment. Then he
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 6:35pm »

Unfortunately I don't have this on tape Sad  I have a DVR and typically erase stuff right after I watch it cause I have too much crap stored up already and I don't want it to not record something important.
IP Logged
QuantumT
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Dec 9th, 2004, 7:34pm »

Rhune,

Lost is the most important recording  Grin, I understand you don't keep anything, however I hope someone did.

I am begging  Cool Cool Cool anyone with the 12/8 Lost please PM me!  

Thanks,
QT
IP Logged

Surprisingly, I was not startled to find a wee Abraham Lincoln sitting right there on my shoulder. We looked at each other for just a moment. Then he
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 9:22am »

I feel your pain QT!!  Wish I had a copy....I'd send it to you pronto.  

If it's any consolation, that eppy will be the last one to repeat before they give us a new one next year.  But I'll ask around for you and see if I can drum up a copy. Smiley
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: Dec 12th, 2004, 2:46pm »

We may have it on video, dd taped it, but she also had to record Survivor for me Thursday and may have taped over it... I'll check.
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: Jan 4th, 2005, 9:54pm »

Just a reminder, there's a new episode airing tomorrow night!!  I'm ready... tired of watching the repeats.. Smiley
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 10:33am »

YIPPEE!!!  Tonight's the night that we will, hopefully, get some answers.
IP Logged

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 2:31pm »

Maybe we'll get some answers, maybe not until close to the end of the season.
We'll have two hours to anticipate it.
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: Jan 5th, 2005, 9:59pm »

OK - what is the deal with that little airplane?  Why on earth would you have that thing in a safe deposit box?  And did anyone else get a really creeped out feeling when it turned out to be a little plane?  Almost like a weird little "sign"...  

Also, I want background stories on that brother & sister!!  And Hurley (something tells me his "background" is going be NOTHING like what we suspect!)
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 8:40am »

I think your right about Hurley, Yes.  

I think that we'll be getting Shannon and Boone's stories soon, since they started to explore those characters this week.  I was really glad to see Shannon and Sayid working together and noticed a little spark there.  I hope something comes of the potential relationship.

Poor little Charlie.  I think at some point he'll just strike out on his own to find Claire.

I wish they would have shared a little bit about what Boone and Locke are doing.  They are obviously digging up that metal thing they found.

Kate's whole storyline tonight was odd and frustrating.  Why didn't she just claim the damn case when she and Sawyer brought it up from the lake?  And that whole bank heist thing being just a rouse to get into the safety deposit box to retrieve that friggin' miniature plane?...Who in their right mind would do that?  I don't get it!  Yeah, it's from someone she killed, but she then shot more people just to get the stupid thing.  It makes NO sense to me.

Overall (except for the Kate thing), a great episode!  Can't wait 'til next week!!!
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #49 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 11:57am »

I thought it was a pretty tame episode compared to some we've seen, but I'm looking forward to next week...
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 9:19am »

I agree, Rhune.  From the promo's, next week eppy looks to be very good!
IP Logged

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 12:59pm »

......AND WE WILL BE STRUNG ALONG FOR ANOTHER WEEK, AND LOVE IT Roll Eyes
ooops, sorry the caps was on Lips Sealed
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 9:48pm »

When Charlie and the lady were talking (don't think they've told her name, the one who sits on the beach waiting for her hubby to arrive), he was so cute... he looked like a little kid who'd just lost his best friend.   The night they found him hanging, my daughter and I were both in tears, sitting here saying "NOOOOOOO!!!!!... Not Charlie, he's too good a character to die!!!!!!"... I think he and this lady are an interesting pair to focus on a bit.

Shannon and Sayid, I think there's more to Shannon than we've been led to believe.  I'm with you, bunnie, I'm really interested in seeing the Shannon/Boone storyline.  I think with the Boone/Locke thing and Shannon getting snatched up into the trees next week, we can definitely look forward to learning more about them.

I still want to know about Hurley and the father/son.  There has been speculation that the father/son is a kidnapping, but I've not seen anything to warrant it.  

Finally, if anyone is really getting into this and would like to look into some of the "hidden messages" that others think they are finding in the storyline, there's a great forum here: http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showforum=707.  Lots of speculation about what certain names mean, anagrams of names, etc.  And total obsession with Dominic Monaghan - LOL. (he is a pretty cute little hobbit.. Smiley)

I think this may be my favorite new show... however, I've not seen Medium yet.... so...
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #53 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 10:38pm »

There seems to be too much painful emotion involved between the father/son to be a kidnapping. It doesn't jibe.

I figured they wouldn't actually kill Charlie cause the director had commented in an interview shortly before that episode that as long as Dominic came out of his trailer each morning he would have a job because he brought so many fans over from The Lord of the Rings, so economically it made no sense to kill him off.  I like the Sayid/Shannon chemistry.

IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 9:52am »

Thanks for the link, Yes!  I will definitely check it out. Smiley
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: Jan 13th, 2005, 10:10pm »

This show just gets stranger and better by the week!  I love the Locke character.  The Shannon/Boone storyline was definitely not what I was expecting.  And next week we get to see more of the father/son thing with the guy and his kid.  

What I love the most tho, is just when I think I have something figured out, they throw something crazy that I wasn't expecting.
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #56 on: Jan 14th, 2005, 12:23pm »

I have to admit Locke is one of my favorite characters. I enjoy all of the storylines when they use him.  I love the moral lessons & guidance he gives to the other members as he comes to interact with them.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 9:59am »

I don't know if this has been said yet, but it is a spoiler of sorts so do not read further if you don't want to know.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

The reason for the polar bear is that apparently there was a previous airplane crash.  The plane housed zoo animals.  It's possible that what Locke and Boone found is part of the cargo hold of that plane.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #58 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 2:04pm »

Oddly enough my wife (who really doesn't follow it like I do) said that Boone/Shanon were intimate before it came out.  

I was like, "No way. He just has a spoiled sister." Looks like she was right. Eeeeewwwww.....
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 2:41pm »

on Jan 15th, 2005, 2:04pm, Boradamer wrote:
Oddly enough my wife (who really doesn't follow it like I do) said that Boone/Shanon were intimate before it came out.  

My daughter said before the show aired, that she didn't think they were really brother and sister, that they were lying.   She watches religiously.

Did you all notice Sawyer being dragged into the police station while Boone was there?  Wonder if they saw each other and that might be a plot later on?

IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #60 on: Jan 15th, 2005, 4:38pm »

on Jan 15th, 2005, 9:59am, bunnielou wrote:
I don't know if this has been said yet, but it is a spoiler of sorts so do not read further if you don't want to know.

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

The reason for the polar bear is that apparently there was a previous airplane crash.  The plane housed zoo animals.  It's possible that what Locke and Boone found is part of the cargo hold of that plane.

Where did you learn this from?
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #61 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 9:57am »

Rhune - I got this from a VERY trusted pal who has done alot of research on Lost.  (I, also, read something about this myself but can't for the life of me remember where it was....My memory isn't what it used to be!)  

But I'll get you the direct link to this info.   Smiley
IP Logged

Tennyson
Palpatine
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 9:59am »

But the plane crash would have to have been very soon before Locke's crash, because a polar bear NORMALLY wouldn't be able to thrive there. But then again, Locke can walk. Huh
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #63 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 2:26pm »

I can't get a confirmation on that spoiler yet, Rhune, but it looks like it's coming from The Fuselage. http://www.thefuselage.com/threaded/index.php

This is a great forum if you're a Lost fanatic.  Another great site is http://www.lost-tv.com/spoilers/

I've been seen reference on various Lost sites to the cargo plane crash carrying zoo animals and they all point back to The Fuselage.  But I've been wandering around in there all day and can't find the definite spoiler quote.  I have seen other posters reference it, some saying it's a fact and other's saying it's just speculation.  It's driving me crazy!!!!
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #64 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 1:13am »

Well, while it's not really a spoiler, more of speculation, it's good speculation.  It does play out logically and would be a reasonable explanation.  I still don't think they look like Polar Bears at all, frankly.  Polar Bears are not that shade of white, they are more like a light yellow color/blonde.  Those bears we've seen have been more like a white with shaggy fur that tinges in brown at the ends.  They may be bears, but they don't look like "polar" bears to me.  Let's also keep in mind at least one of the large animals on there is benign in nature.  Locke came face to face with something large that not only didn't kill him, but brought a smile to his face, so following the theory that it was a cargo plane crash at some point with zoo animals I imagine it could be an elephant or something of that nature he ran into.  With bears and Elephants it doesn't have to be a "zoo plane" but perhaps a traveling circus?
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #65 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:08am »

That's a good theory, Rhune!

I'll tell ya....I continued to wander around The Fuselage forum well into the evening.  They have some great theories in there and I became totally engrossed.  I have to admit, I forgot what I was looking for more than once, because I became distracted by some of the posts.

Apparently you can ask questions to the Lost writers and cast members.  It was suggested that the zoo animal theory might have come from a writer as a possible option (though I haven't found the exact quote....YET!)

One of the more interesting speculations is that the metal hatch Locke and Boone found will be cracked open and inside is a bank of computers.  Furthermore, some people believe these computers hold info on each of the crash survivors.

If you're into a frenzy of speculation and spoilers regarding Lost, I highly recommend a visit to The Fuselage.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #66 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 11:57am »

My initial thought was that it led to some kind of an underground bunker, like an old bomb shelter.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #67 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 9:25am »

That's an interesting thought.  It has some kind of window....That's what they have been trying to crack open.  What kind of window is that?  It appears to be very sturdy because it can't be broken.  It's probably designed to withstand pressure, so it can be either an aircraft window or more likely a window designed for a submersible.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #68 on: Jan 18th, 2005, 12:52pm »

Well the french woman indicated that her power source was from somewhere else...I had thought underwater initially because of the cable Sayid found, but it could be underground conceivably.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #69 on: Jan 19th, 2005, 6:54pm »

Lost is about to come on.  Nightee night everyone.  After that it's the 2nd hour of American Idol.    Cool
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #70 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 9:19am »

Well, well, well...Claire's back.  And now we have to wait three weeks to establish for sure that she's no longer pregnant!  (The next two weeks will be repeats.)

IP Logged

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 3:40pm »

Claire has probably had the baby and  Huh kept it!

Last night was the best Lost in several weeks.  I am beginning to tire of it a bit for it is dragging out too long before something significant happens Roll Eyes

Time will tell if I keep watching it, so far it's making me want to  Undecided
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #72 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 5:25pm »

She did not look pregnant to me last night.  I'm sure she would not have been able to escape if she had the baby with her.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #73 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 6:14pm »

ditto on that thought Wink
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #74 on: Jan 20th, 2005, 9:53pm »

I agree, that was my thought.  Looked like she was no longer pregnant.  I think Ethan has it, and she escaped.  

The Walt/Michael thing was interesting.  Especially the thing with the bird.  Little Walt seems to have a few "secrets" of his own... hmmmm.

As for the reruns - grrrrrrrr
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #75 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 9:55am »

Just putting this out there...

Don't you think it's odd that:

1. They haven't explored the island yet?
2. They didn't make more of an effort to rescue Claire?
3. They didn't go in search of Danielle when Sayid returned?

For the most part, the crash survivors seems to be suffering from ambivalence or, more to the point, a languid attitude toward their situation.  Case in point, when Charlie had Claire's diary and he walked into the jungle with Kate, they sat down and Charlie seemed profoundly sad.  Kate just patted him and said that Claire would return some day (or something like that).

I found that little scene very telling and disturbing.  Danielle had told Sayid of a sickness that befell her crew.  I'm wondering if these people are suffering from this same sickness.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #76 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 4:00pm »

Well, each episode is only supposed to have represented a day or two in their lives, not a week, etc. so really since the time they crashed, very little time has passed.  I think most of them may still be in shock or not ready to fully accept what happened and dig in, which is frustrating to those few that are ready to dig in.  I think we'll see more organization amongst them as the series moves along.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #77 on: Jan 21st, 2005, 10:50pm »

Each episode is supposed to be a day - and there have been 14 episodes, so they've been there a whole two weeks at this point, if that's the case:

Episode/Day 1 - they crashed and went in search of the pilot
Episode/Day 2 - the party of four (Sayid, Kate, Boone and Shannon) go exploring and hear the transmission and kill the first "polar bear"  
Episode/Day 3 - They go through the remains of the plane, and we learn about Kate's background and Sawyer shoots the marshall who had Kate.
Episode/Day 4 - We learn about Locke and his wheelchair and he kills the first boar.
Episode/Day 5 -  Jack chases the hallucination of his father thru the woods, and discovers the caves with the stream.  
Episode/Day 6 - Jin goes after Michael over the watch, and we learn about Jin and Sun's background and that Sun can speak English, some move to the caves.
Episode/Day 7 - Charlie kicks his heroin habit and Jack gets caught in a cave in
Episode/Day 8 - Jack and Sayid torture Sawyer to get asthma meds he doesn't even have.
Episode/Day 9 - Sayid, in his guilt over torturing Sawyer, takes off to explore and gets whacked on the head and kidnapped by the French woman and Hurley builds a golf course. (This is also the first time Ethan's character shows up, as best I recall).
Episode/Day 10 -  Claire's dreams, Hurley's list of survivors and Ethan kidnaps Claire and Charlie.
Episode/Day 11 - Everyone goes searching for Claire and Charlie,  Sawyer and Sayid discuss his trip to the jungle, and they find Charlie hanging from the tree.
Episode/Day 12 - Kate and Sawyer go swimming and find the briefcase with the toy airplane in it.
Episode/Day 13 - Boone's "hallucination" and Shannon has the hots for Sayid.
Episode/Day 14 - We learn more about Walt and Michael and find out Walt is "special" and Claire wanders out of the woods.

So when you look at it that way - a heck of a lot has happened in two weeks.  They have explored a bit (day 2) and Jack "explored" (sort of) when he followed his "father" and found the caves and Sayid and Locke have sort of explored by wandering about.  They did look for Claire the first day, and found Charlie (who they had to take back and nurse), it's only been like three days, and Locke and Boone have been out in the woods every day, they could have been looking for her.

As for Danielle, Sayid came back the day they went looking for Claire and found Charlie, so again, it's only been like three days since he got back, and with all the Claire/Charlie stuff, why would they waste time going looking for Danielle when they still need to find Claire - at least Danielle isn't in danger.

Smiley
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #78 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:36am »

Yes - Wow!  I LOVE your documentation of events by day/eppy.  Great job!  Mind if I share it in another forum that I also do Lost discussion in?

You raise a good point regarding the number of days that has passed.  But I am still a little frustrated by the lack of progress.  Maybe it's just me, but my survival mode would have kicked in immediately.  My first thought would be "I wonder if there's a Marriott or Hyatt on the other side of this island?"
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #79 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:37pm »

Yeah, I'd have to do some exploring too, looking for that hotel, etc.  On the other hand the french woman's transmission indicates there is not a Hyatt on the other side of the island.  So, I would want it to be well organized, a good group going.  There's not a chance I'd want to explore the other side of the island without Locke and Sayid. Wink
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #80 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 4:48pm »

AW, but I would go with Sawyer in a heartbeat  Wink
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #81 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 6:00pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:36am, bunnielou wrote:
Yes - Wow!  I LOVE your documentation of events by day/eppy.  Great job!  Mind if I share it in another forum that I also do Lost discussion in?

You raise a good point regarding the number of days that has passed.  But I am still a little frustrated by the lack of progress.  Maybe it's just me, but my survival mode would have kicked in immediately.  My first thought would be "I wonder if there's a Marriott or Hyatt on the other side of this island?"

Don't mind at all.   As for exploring, I'm with Rhune - would definitely want Sayid or Boone with me when I go.   Better yet, they can go explore and find the Hyatt - I'll just chill in the caves and wait til they come back... Smiley
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #82 on: Jan 22nd, 2005, 6:59pm »

Boone is ok to look at, but for pure survival I'd want Locke.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #83 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:42am »

Me likey this topic!!! Smiley

My perfect exploration team would be Sayid, Locke, Kate and Michael. Wink

Now if it were to be just me and one other person, ...oh baby... it would most definitely be Sayid! Kiss

Yes - thanks for letting me borrow your eppy research.  You're a sweetheart!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:44am by bunnielou » IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #84 on: Jan 23rd, 2005, 5:20pm »

Search team - I'd definitely want Sayid and Boone.  However, if I"m gonna get lost in the woods, I'll take the Hobbit   Tongue Tongue
IP Logged

mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #85 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:01pm »

I think this is the best tv show of this season!  The only ep that I really didn't like as well as the others was wednesday's ep of Walt and Michael.  It is only because I don't like Michael.  I really don't like the character of Locke either, I am talkin about trusting him.  He seems to play both good and evil.
IP Logged

Michael
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #86 on: Jan 24th, 2005, 6:56pm »

Locke has a darkness to him, but he's also the hero in many ways.  I like that each time they make you think he's a bad guy they bring it back around again.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #87 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 9:09am »

Heh, Yes - Did you know that in real life Dom (Charlie/the Hobbit) and Evangeline (Kate) are an item?  They are the new "It" couple!

Mikey/Rhune - I agree that Locke is an enigma.  I think we need to know what happened in his past, before he became handicapped.  We know that he had been in a wheelchair for four years and worked in a deadend office job.  Hopefully they will share more about Locke before the season ends so we can get some answers about his character and purpose.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #88 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 10:14pm »

Ok, according to TV Guide, Claire is still "very pregnant".
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #89 on: Jan 25th, 2005, 10:50pm »

on Jan 25th, 2005, 9:09am, bunnielou wrote:
Heh, Yes - Did you know that in real life Dom (Charlie/the Hobbit) and Evangeline (Kate) are an item?  They are the new "It" couple!

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:  He deserves so much better... like me.. lol. (then again, I have my own little English hobbit,  Tongue)
IP Logged

Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #90 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 8:45am »

Wonderful synopsis but to shed a bit of light on it.

In the episode where Syaid went off Jack mentions that he has been gone for two days.

Last week someone mentioned to Charlie that Claire had been gone for two weeks (I believe).

There are probably other episodes that mention some extensions of the days but those two pop into my mind.

Looks like tonight is a recap of the Syaid and "The French Woman". I am looking forward to this as there are things I probably missed last time and with Claire back you just know they are going to head out to find her baby and run into the Island Mafia.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #91 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 10:07am »

..........you could be correct!  Then hopefully the show will pick up it's pace Cool
IP Logged

bec
ForumsNet Member

I'm a pathetically happy person!

View Profile

« Reply #92 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 2:14am »

"LOST" premiered here in Australia last night....Thursday 3rd of Feb........and it's got me hooked!!!

I haven't read all this thread beacuse I don't want to know to much!....It's got my vote!

WooHoo....this post takes me to 100!
IP Logged
bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #93 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 2:26am »

there's just something that's bugging me a bit about "LOST"......we saw the first episode last night and one of the survivors was a very pregnant woman.    In my last month of pregnancy we were due to fly interstate to attend a friends wedding however I was told I was not allowed to fly so late into my pregnancy.......reasons were given but I can't remember what they were as I was so furious at the thought of having to drive 1200 kilometres!

I know it's just a tv show and we're not supposed to think about things like that but it just bugged me a bit that's all!
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #94 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 4:04am »

My experience is that airlines aren't that dilligent about it.  I was 5 months along with my first and looked like I was 8 or 9 and no one even questioned me.  If they had I'd just have told them that I looked more pregnant than I was because of how I was carrying and that I had my dr's permission to fly.
IP Logged
bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #95 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 10:02am »

my mother and my sister are convinced that "Charlie" has something to do with the whole thing.......whatever that may be!
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #96 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 10:37am »

.....keep n mind Claire is running from something or someone in Australia, we think Roll Eyes  ..........and this is TV!
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #97 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 11:17am »

I was 7+ months pregnant and took a flight to NY, and then a puddle-jumper upstate.  During another pregnancy I was 8+ months and flew to CA.  I never thought much about limiting myself during pregnancy.  Heck, I even rode a standup rollercoaster when I was pregnant once!  

I remember my mother on a ladder painting the living room ceiling and outside cleaning out the gutters while pregnant.  

I don't recall anyone ever questioning me about it.  I think nowadays people go a little overboard with the "what if" scenario's and force society into limiting personal choices.
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #98 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 6:42pm »

I rode several roller coasters in Vegas this fall while in my first trimester and did the same early on with my first son.  To this day he loves the roller coaster.  Grin
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #99 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 12:11am »

Cool Cool Cool Just checked the schedule, next week is a new episode!!!  Cool Cool Cool
IP Logged

bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #100 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:48am »

so I take it you guys have seen the entire first seasonHuh
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #101 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:55am »

I've seen ALL the eppy's so far (and even all the repeats).  Can't get enough of this show!

Hooray for the upcoming new episode!!!!  Let the countdown begin! Grin
IP Logged

Tennyson
bec
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #102 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 11:04am »

Boy do we have alot of catching up to do!
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #103 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 8:10pm »

on Feb 5th, 2005, 11:04am, bec wrote:
Boy do we have alot of catching up to do!

The season's not actually ended here yet.  And they've gone through all of the episodes twice now (I think, have they missed any?).  I don't watch the reruns, tho I probably should have as obsessed with it as I am.  I'd like to have the whole first season on DVD - would be fun to watch straight thru...  

There's a new epi this week and next, so two weeks of excitement.  This week the synopsis says it's about Claire:  

Homecoming
Claire returns with no recollection of the plane crash or anything that has happened since; Jack and Locke formulate a plan to defend Claire against her kidnapper, who threatens to kill off other survivors unless Claire is returned to him.

And the next is about quite a few folks:

Outlaws
Kate and Sawyer bond as they search for a wild boar that Sawyer swears is harassing him; Hurley and Sayid worry that Charlie is losing it after his brush with death; a shocking prior connection between Sawyer and Jack is revealed.
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #104 on: Feb 5th, 2005, 10:27pm »

Thanks, Yes!  Wow...now I REALLY can't wait for this week's new eppy.  I heard from some other forum (don't recall where or I'd give 'em credit, but it's probably The Fuselage.com) that Claire IS still pregnant.  That's why Ethan wants her back so bad.  But that leaves lots of questions....The first of which is how did she escape?
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #105 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 1:10pm »

Nod I posted that here a page or two back a few days ago. It was written in a TV Guide article that she is still pregnant.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #106 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 2:12pm »

We also have had enough of reruns from severall TV Shows Undecided
On with the new season  Grin
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #107 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 8:37pm »

I may have said this before, but I suspect Lost was doing reruns while FOX was running the 2 hour American Idol specials.  Can't blame em, that show is a ratings juggernaut and would only have hurt them.  By waiting out the initial shows they don't hurt themselves any.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #108 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 9:38pm »

They weren't the only ones running reruns, just the way the TV shows go.
All of the networks want us to watch their show.
A real  :juggle: act!
IP Logged

mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #109 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:52pm »

Im ready for tomorrows ep.  I hope they make it a lot about Claire.  I really like her.
IP Logged

Michael
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #110 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:02am »

Lost     [New]  
8 pm/ET, ABC
Finally, a new episode of island intrigue! Last time out, Claire had resurfaced... but what about her baby? Look for the story line to reach a violent crescendo, thanks to the reemergence of Ethan. He wants Claire back — and makes good on his promise to kill one of the crash survivors if he doesn't get her. Charlie leads the manhunt to find the deranged kidnapper, but it's Ethan and Jack's fierce fight in the jungle that leads to a surprising and deadly act of vengeance. — Skip Carrington

IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #111 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 10:18am »

.............and someone ends up in a body bag  Cry
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #112 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 11:59am »

Hopefully it's Ethan  Grin
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #113 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 12:31pm »

If he is the hobbit, so do I.
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #114 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 12:40pm »

No, not the hobbit and it's unlikely he will ever be killed off, Ethan is the bad guy that took Claire.

I read an article awhile back with the producer and he commented that the hobbit brings in a huge audience they wouldn't have had otherwise, lord of the rings fans, and that the one person he would never fire is the hobbit. That as long as he comes out of his trailer each day for fliming, he will always have a job.  Don't count on him going away any time soon, he's a sacred cash cow.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #115 on: Feb 9th, 2005, 2:56pm »

I was hoping he has a film to do.  Personally I don't care for him, guess you can tell Lips Sealed
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #116 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 10:15am »

Got a question:  The guy who died (not Ethan...the other guy on the beach) who Hurley called Scott/Steve, ... was he the guy who complained of a rash and seemed to be a hypochondriac about 5 eppy's back?
IP Logged

Tennyson
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #117 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 5:49pm »

A good question, I'm not sure.  He may have just been one of the other nameless/faceless others up to this point.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #118 on: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:12pm »

on Feb 10th, 2005, 10:15am, bunnielou wrote:
Got a question:  The guy who died (not Ethan...the other guy on the beach) who Hurley called Scott/Steve, ... was he the guy who complained of a rash and seemed to be a hypochondriac about 5 eppy's back?

I think he is, I thought the same thing.  Going searching, see if I can find out.  Wasn't that the eppy where they built the golf course?

Found this site http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/EpisodeGuideSummary/showid-24313/Lo st/  

Scott was in the episode where Claire went missing (which is where Hurley was doing the census) so I think it must be the same guy.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2005, 10:17pm by yesteach » IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #119 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 8:22am »

Let us know what you find out.  I'm not sure if Scott and Steve are two different people or one-in-the-same.  

While you check out tvtome, I'll go over to fuselage and see what they have to say there. Wink
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #120 on: Feb 18th, 2005, 8:52pm »

aarrrggghhhh... what happened!!!  I went to buy groceries Wednesday night and totally forgot Lost was on until I started home about 7:20... got home in time to see the last 20mins of it... Sad  What is up with Sawyer and Jack?  Who was the guy Sawyer shot in the flashbackHuh??
IP Logged

Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #121 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 3:31pm »

Here you go Yesteach...

The episode was about Sawyer. He went to Australia to find the guy that wrecked his folks life and caused his Dad to kill his Mom then commit suicide. He eventually finds the guy and loses heart when he tries to kill him the first time. Ends up in a bar where he meets Jacks Dad. Jacks Dad says some nice things about Jack and inspires Sawyer to kill the guy (not on purpose, just does with his speech). Sawyer goes back and shoots the guy and the guy says he was just using the guys name that Sawyer was looking for so Sawyer shot the wrong guy trying to get revenge. In the end Sawyer is talking to Jack, Jack says something that reminds Sawyer of Jacks Dad, does some basic math and realizes that Jack is the guys son. Sawyer realizes that the great son the guy was talking about is Jack and softens up for a bit but retreats back into his shell with his new respect for Jack.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #122 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 3:58pm »

A good summary!  Cool
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #123 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 1:43am »

Once again I am reminded of how much I love the character Locke, and where they are taking him.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #124 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 6:11am »

Thanks Boradamer!  I came in just as he was shooting the guy and was totally lost (no pun intended.. lol).

I did manage to both watch and tape last night's episode.  Did anyone else notice the television at the Secretary Han apartment when Jin went to deliver the first "message".  When he says "Please, not in front of my daughter" and Jin looks over, they show the TV.  There is a guy getting in a car, looks just like Hurley!  If you have it recorded, someone else let me know if you think it's him.  I swear it is, he gets in the car and drives away.  When he goes to pick up the dog, there's a flash of him driving away and putting his hand up like he's blocking the cameras.  Intriguing.  Does this mean Hurley was in Korea?  Or was he such big news he was showing up on Korean television?
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #125 on: Feb 24th, 2005, 1:25pm »

It was definitely Hurley on the tv.  I spotted it too, and was pointing and yelling, so my hubby backed the recording up and we rewatched it.  Not sure why Hurley was on the TV, but it was him for sure.
IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #126 on: Feb 25th, 2005, 10:48am »

I read somewhere (maybe the fuselage) that Hurley may have won the lottery and his lucky numbers pop up in some way on a future episode or have some kind of significance to their situation on the island.
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #127 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 9:46am »

Well, it did look like a news program, and there were subtitles in Korean, so I'm guessing the story wasn't in Korean, hence Hurley not in Korea... must have been a big story.  If he won a lottery big enough to be put on international news it must have been BIG!... lol.
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #128 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 10:07am »

on Feb 25th, 2005, 10:48am, bunnielou wrote:
I read somewhere (maybe the fuselage) that Hurley may have won the lottery and his lucky numbers pop up in some way on a future episode or have some kind of significance to their situation on the island.

Funny you should say this, was just looking at listings for next week, and the episode is titled "Numbers".  

Hurley becomes obsessed with finding the French woman and heads off into the jungle to find her, leaving Jack, Sayid and Charlie no choice but to follow him.
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #129 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 10:18am »

Sounds like a great episode!  I can't wait!
IP Logged

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #130 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 11:02am »

Sounds like I missed something, who in the heck is Hurley?
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #131 on: Feb 26th, 2005, 11:10am »

Hurley is the big overweight guy.  

Very interesting that the title is numbers.
IP Logged
mikey713
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #132 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 8:46pm »

wednesday's ep seemed to turn things around in the way things are.  There was more of everyone on this ep and everyone's attitude towards the end was actually upbeat!  I am happy everyone knows that Sun can speak English now!  I feel stupid because I didnt notice the Koeran people were watching tv.
IP Logged

Michael
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #133 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 9:02pm »

I knew who Hurley is the minute I posted Roll Eyes
Now Rhune, how do you know where they are going with Locke?
One cannot determine which side he is on, but sure looks like he is  
on the side of whomever is on the island besides the passengers.

Now, did anyone understand that last sentence Huh
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #134 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 11:05pm »

I think Locke will always have a dark seeming streak to him, but that ultimately he'll always be one of the good guys.  I like how every time they make him seem darker they turn it around again.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #135 on: Feb 27th, 2005, 11:36pm »

I agree with you about that one!  Locke does have a flip flop personna.
Then he or us will be dizzy as all heck by the end of this season Roll Eyes
IP Logged

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #136 on: Mar 1st, 2005, 7:43pm »

There's a poster at The Fuselage who has translated all the Korean from the epsiode last week.  http://www.thefuselage.com/threaded/index.php?topic=8024.0

There are translations about what Jin and Sun said to each other at the camp.  And he has translated the text from the subtitles of the news report about Hurley.  Just in case anyone is interested.
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #137 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:16am »

Thanks!  I enjoyed reading the translations.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #138 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 11:19pm »

OK, this is just getting too weird... loved the episode tonite!!  Ending was awesome, $150,000,000Huh   Shocked Shocked
IP Logged

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #139 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 9:37am »

Cool Cool Cool  Great storyline last night   Cool Cool Cool
IP Logged

Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #140 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:04am »

Hurley and Locke are by far my favorite characters. Loved last nights episode, can't wait to see the next episode, too bad next week is a repeat.  Sad
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #141 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 8:25pm »

Repeats for the next SIX weeks... Sad, nothing new until April..  

IP Logged

Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #142 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 2:06pm »

Reruns? RATS!
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #143 on: Mar 5th, 2005, 6:52pm »

OK, anyone else notice the four year thing?  Locke was injured four years ago, Sam Toomey killed himself four years ago, Hurley's grandfather had bypass surgery four years ago... is there anything I'm missing??
IP Logged

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #144 on: Mar 8th, 2005, 11:21am »

Oh Heck  Cry
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #145 on: Mar 8th, 2005, 11:38am »

Yes - One of my dear friends in another forum, accumulated this list of "4" references that she found from various forums.  I thought she did a great job.  Enjoy:

NOT taking the credit for this one. I found some sites that listed the numbers what could be their relevance on the show.  

- # of years Locke was in his wheelchair  

- # of guns in Marshall's case  

- # of aces on Boone's t-shirt  

- # of years since Hurley's grandfather got his pacemaker  

- # of years since Sam Toome killed himself  

- # of years since Sawyer made his “birthday wish”  

- # of people that will fit on Micheals raft  

- # of months michealangelo stared at marble “working” in Locke’s story/Boone then asks if they’re going to stare at the hatch for 4 months  

- # of miles due west back to camp from where Locke ties up Boone  

- # of people Micheal needed to help did Jack out of the cave-in  

- # of refills of Shannons inhaler Boone brought with him  

- # of people to die since the plane crash(the sky marshall, Scott, the lady that drowned, Ethan)  

- # of days that pass before Jack decides to burn the fuselage/bodies for a signal  

- # of kids the nurse taking care of Micheal has  

- # of traps Locke sets up around camp to get Ethan  

- # of times Hurley says Charlie shot Ethan(He actually was shot 6 times)  

- # of months the Psychic tried to convince Claire to raise her baby alone before giving her money and telling her of the couple in LA  

- Shannon asks Boone what him and Locke have been doing in the jungle for the past 4 days  

- Sayid said the French signal could be a SAT 4  

- Leonard playing the game Connect Four  

- Walt says he needs a 4-3 in the backgammon game
IP Logged

Tennyson
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #146 on: Mar 9th, 2005, 12:03am »

I am so obsessed with this show.. I spent four hours online Saturday looking for clues to Sam Toomey -  Undecided Undecided

There is a real Sam Toomey who is an actor in Australia.  Also, there is a Toomey Hill in Kalgoorlie, which is where Leonard said Sam lived... and the city of Southern Cross, just next to Kalgoorlie was settled by Mick Toomey...  

Is this sad or what?  I'm that obsessed with this show... At least I didn't play Hurley's numbers in the lotto last week... like some did!.. roflmao
IP Logged

Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #147 on: Mar 14th, 2005, 4:24pm »

The producer likes to use numbers in his shows. He uses the number 47 in Alias all the time and that is the number everyone watches out for to find some hidden clues.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #148 on: Mar 16th, 2005, 8:24am »

I've been watching the reruns - recording and watching for details, amazing the stuff you miss the first time.  In the one this past week, when Hurley and Walt were first playing backgammon. Walt tells Hurley "You owe me $20,000" and Hurly yells back "You'll get it!"  -  wasn't nearly as funny the first time as it was after the Numbers epi, now knowing he has it!

Just little things, but I'm enjoying the reruns at least...
IP Logged

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #149 on: Mar 24th, 2005, 10:38am »

Another rerun  Roll Eyes  enough already!
Give us a new show next week Grin
IP Logged

bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #150 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 10:19am »

Yes, Luci.  The latest info confirms that next week IS a new show! Cool
IP Logged

Tennyson
Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #151 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 11:18am »

Booyah! Wednesdays are looking up again.   Grin
IP Logged
Mango Tango
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #152 on: Mar 26th, 2005, 7:43am »

i can't wait for Lost next week!!!!   I'm so excited, i saw the preview and a plane goes by Locke's head!

IP Logged
tattooedbeauty
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Happy Thanksgiving.

View Profile Email

« Reply #153 on: Mar 28th, 2005, 4:56pm »

It is a new show this week. THANK GOD it is about time. I have seem more repeats than new episodes. I know its a new show but we only see about 12-16 per year. That is just not enough.
IP Logged

Happy Autumn.

Survivor China Winner- Todd.

AR winner- Rachel & TK

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #154 on: Mar 31st, 2005, 4:58pm »

Only one more episode to go this season.. Sad  

Ok, somewhere I read something about a force field on the island (speculation), and after last night am wondering if that could be the case... seemed the further out away from camp Locke got, the worse his legs got... like being at the camp is what caused him to no longer need the wheel chair....  

Also, speculation wise.. the fact that it ended with Locke sitting in the car pounding the steering wheel in frustration made me wonder if the accident that put him in the wheel chair has something to do with this, maybe an automobile accident because he's so upset...??  

All in all, a fairly decent episode.. and next week - the baby comes Cool Cool Cool

TV Trivia moment: Dad was Kevin Tighe from Adam-12 fame..  

IP Logged

amazingracelover
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

TAR All-Stars is on!!!

claude_24hrs  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #155 on: Apr 6th, 2005, 4:29am »

For Southeast Asian viewers, Lost will be seen every Thursday at 9:00 pm on AXN .
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2005, 4:30am by amazingracelover » IP Logged
bunnielou
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #156 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 10:09am »

Regarding last night's episode....SE Asian viewers, don't read further if you don't want to know.
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
I can't believe that Boone died!  Don't get me wrong.... I knew that one of the main characters was going to die.  I just thought they'd throw a twist in and not take out the obvious character.  (Plus, I'm going to miss those beautiful blue eyes!)
IP Logged

Tennyson
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #157 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 10:23am »

Yes, Boone will be missed.  Maybe we'll see him next fall in a lead role somewhere in TV Land!

LOST needs to find themselves and pick it up a pace or three or it is going to start loosing viewers.  The two of us for two!

It became boring and slow.  We like stories that move a bit faster and stay with the story.  This one went back WAY too much.  I know, I know, so we would know their lives before the crash.  Now it's time to get with it with this show or others may loose interest also!

We'll give it a try next season for one or two shows, but will not stay with it if it drags as it has this past one.
IP Logged

Boradamer
ForumsNet Member
USA 

jwpritts  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #158 on: Apr 7th, 2005, 3:11pm »

My wife is with you Luci. She said she is bored with it and has stopped watching.

I still like it but I can see where you are coming from. You have to wonder how a pregnant woman escaped and made it back to them (maybe it will be filled in later but for now it is just a huge plot hole).

I liked Boone but I think he was probably the most expendable of the main characters.

I really expected Jack to tell his bride he could not go through with the wedding. Good to see him happy at one point in his life. Makes you wonder if this was before he ratted out his Dad and they fell apart or if it was after it and his Dad showed up. Personally I think it was before that whole mess.

Next week will be the last new episode for a loooong time. Hopefully they give us something to tide us over until it picks up again. Maybe they will make it a Summer series so we don't have to wait until the Fall.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #159 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 12:00am »

'Lost' Writer Tells All ... or Not
(Thursday, April 07 06:02 PM)
By Kate O'Hare  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "What else can I tell you that I can't tell you?" says Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a writer/supervising producer on ABC's "Lost." "That should be the motto for all interviews about 'Lost.'"

For weeks, fans speculated on which of the hit castaway drama's large cast of characters - survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines Flight 815, which crashed on a deserted island -- would die, as hinted at by series creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof.

In the Wednesday, April 6 episode, the unlucky soul turned out to be rich-boy Boone (Ian Somerhalder), who succumbed to injuries sustained when the crashed light airplane he was exploring slipped off a cliff edge. Boone and fellow castaway Locke (Terry O'Quinn), a former paraplegic turned island mystic, found the plane, loaded with heroin-stuffed Virgin Mary statues, while following Locke's visions through the jungle.

In an e-mail on April 7, Grillo-Marxuach quips, "He's dead? I better start watching that show. We established Boone as Locke's mentee for the very specific story reason of showing Locke as a character who has the capacity to attract others to his peculiar vision of the island. When the time came to test that vision, killing Locke's newfound 'son' figure was a natural place to go. Now Locke is going to have to deal with the consequences of following his vision and how that brings him into a mano-a-mano conflict with Jack over leadership of the island."

Jack (Matthew Fox) is a surgeon who has become the survivors' unofficial leader. His fury over losing Boone, and his realization that Locke lied about how Boone was injured, sent him into the jungle declaring that he would talk to Locke about the "murder" of Boone.

This plot twist also means that Ian Somerhalder is out of a job on the hottest new show of the year -- although industry trades report he has signed a one-year talent holding deal with ABC and Touchstone Television for a possible series next year.

"It's a terrible thing," writes Grillo-Marxuach, "when you have to part ways with an actor you like, who brings his A-game to the show and has given you really fantastic performances. But when you are doing a show like 'Lost,' which demands that you constantly remind the audience of the life-or-death nature of the characters' predicament while crafting a long-term epic narrative, you sadly have to kill people from time to time.

"Boone's death serves a long-term dramatic purpose, and we are lucky to have had Ian Somerhalder bring that character to life and, ultimately, give him a memorable send-off that will continue to pay off through the length of the season."

In an interview conducted over lunch on March 30, Grillo-Marxuach admits that the passengers did indeed cross paths before getting on the plane, but he will "neither confirm nor deny" that the crash was not exactly accidental.

"But the fact that everybody met each other before is something we're really threading into it," he says. It's the eternal question posed by Echo & the Bunnymen, it's fate up against the will. But as long as people ask those questions, we're very happy over at 'Lost' labs. That's what I call it."

With his last series, "Jake 2.0," having been axed just before Abrams and Lindelof hired their writing staff, Grillo-Marxuach came in very early in the process in the spring of 2004. He says he and fellow writers Paul Dini, Jennifer Johnson and Christian Taylor, were sent off to start fleshing out the characters.

Grillo-Marxuach recalls, "Damon would come in and say, 'Draw three names out of a hat, and that's going to be your character for the next three weeks. You have to develop their backstory.' So we would go create something for the characters, bring it back to the room and workshop the ideas with Damon and J.J. A lot of the backstories actually developed out of those sessions.

"Jack's backstory pretty much survived intact from what we first talked about in there. Hurley's changed a little bit. Sawyer's is very similar. Sun and Jin were born out of an idea that J.J. pitched and we developed. So a lot of the long-running strands of the show were born during those six weeks."

On "Alias," many fans track Abrams' use of the number 47, which recurs in the episodes. On "Lost," it's a different equation.

The number to watch on 'Lost' is not 47, it's 23," Grillo-Marxuach says. "Oh, yeah, and we've got 815, but 23 is also a very important number in the mythology of 'Lost.'"

During the whirlwind casting, many things changed, including rock-star Charlie morphing from middle-aged to mid-20s when Dominic Monaghan was hired. Sometimes, though, casting didn't change the character. That's the case with Vincent, the golden Labrador retriever belonging to boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley).

"The dog's a girl," says Grillo-Marxuach. "I think that's probably the best-kept secret of 'Lost.' Lassie was a boy, and we're following in the great tradition of canine transgendering in television."

While Lassie's long coat hid the fact that she was a he, it's a bit harder to conceal what a dog has -- or doesn't have -- if it has a short coat.

"Yes," Grillo-Marxuach says, "and yet somehow we've managed."  

Other mysteries include the polar bear from the pilot (explained, more or less, as a manifestation of Walt's powerful imagination), the unseen horror that tramps through the jungle, occasional appearances by the island's other human residents, and the buried hatch found by Locke, which appears lit from within.

"Everything is going to have a rational explanation and a sci-fi explanation," Grillo-Marxuach says, "until we decide to tell you exactly what that is. That's what's going to help us walk that tightrope for however many years the show has.

"The show will end when we tell you what the island is. On the day we say, 'The island is on the back of a cosmic turtle,' then you'll say, 'OK, done with that.'"
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #160 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 10:10pm »

I just wanted to say that I've never seen the show but one of my best friends is always talking about how good it is!  Cheesy

And now it has it's own forum.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #161 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 11:04pm »

I figure after 11 pages of replies it deserves it's own section. Wink
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #162 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 4:06pm »

No way I'm getting bored... I'm totally obsessed, not only do I watch it, but I record it and watch it over and over looking for clues I missed the first time.. it's like this giant mystery that I'm determined to solve before they tell me what it is... one of the best shows on television, and the BEST for making you think!
IP Logged

Syd a.k.a Hayden
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Sydney Bristow

View Profile WWW

« Reply #163 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 7:34pm »

wow seriously you record it and watch it again?  

i love lost but i dont record it, its not that interesting im a big reality freak, so i like some normal tv shows but mostly reality  Cool

my two fav characters by far... jack and kate  TongueTongueTongue i wasn't a really big boone fan so i wasn't crying or anything like that.. lost is kinda boring me a littl ei dont know why its just not all that interesting anymore
IP Logged

*Thank you AliasLedger -- you're the best*
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #164 on: Apr 10th, 2005, 5:39pm »

on Apr 9th, 2005, 7:34pm, Hayden wrote:
[glow=red,2,300]wow seriously you record it and watch it again?  

Yep, I started recording them and replaying them about 5 weeks into it.. wish I had them all on video.  The whole show is like a giant puzzle - there are clues and messages in every little nuance of the show.  And now, there are starting to be links between the characters - like Locke working at Hurley's box factory, and Sawyer meeting Jack's dad before he died and talking about Jack.  There is some significance to the series of numbers, just no one seems to be able to figure that one out yet.  And even the writers and producers have said that there is hidden meaning in the names of all the characters... I LOVE it... and the whispers... if you listen, you can hear them in places - the ones Sayid heard in the woods.  Sawyer heard them also, and there were some in the Hurley/Lotto episode.  I am totally obsessed with this show.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.