Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 8:35am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « "Lost" and "Desperate" for dis »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   "Lost" and "Desperate" for dis
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "Lost" and "Desperate" for dis  (Read 675 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

"Lost" and "Desperate" for dis
« on: Jul 26th, 2005, 10:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"Lost" and "Desperate" for dish

Now that ABC's turn is here, I have stopped contemplating how I'm going to make it through the rest of my seasonal sentence in the Hollywood gulag.

ABC actually has series that people care about, thank God, along with a few that exist to take our abuse. The finale of "Dancing with the Stars," for example. Kelly Monaco's victory inspired a great deal of discussion this morning, which I'll recap later. There's only a small window between now and that session, and we're all fairly testy today, so it should be a good time.

So I'll just share a few details about "Lost," "Alias" and "Desperate Housewives," as revealed to us this morning by ABC's president of entertainment Stephen McPherson, as well as other ABC sources.

-- "Desperate Housewives" premieres Sunday, Sept. 25, at 9 p.m. ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and "Grey's Anatomy" also kick off that night, at 7 and 10 respectively. "Extreme" has a two hour premiere.)

-- McPherson said that ABC is gearing up for sizable marketing campaigns linked to its series. For example, in support of "Desperate," ABC is circulating dry cleaning bags with the show's logo on them. As a bonus, random customers will get t-shirts included in their clean laundry.

McPherson did not reveal which markets or dry cleaners would get the bags because ABC is afraid some other network (Fox, I'm looking in your direction) might steal the idea from the Alphabet before they can implement their plans.

He was similarly mysterious as to which other shows will bribe viewers with graft. "I really can't get into it because other people are ripping the ideas off. It's that competitive," he said.

If Seattle is targeted to receive the "Desperate" bags or any other show-related goodies, we'll start seeing them next month and after Labor Day.

-- Rex Van De Kamp really is dead.

-- "Lost" and "Desperate" will each have 23 episode seasons. "Lost's" kicks off Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 9 p.m.

-- Also, "Lost" fans will be happy to know that a key mystery is finally going to pay off. “Literally, in the very opening show, you will find out what’s in the hatch," McPherson said. "And it’s not like, ‘Oh, we went down, and there another ladder!’ It’s much, much more significant." He went on to say that what Jack and the rest find there will change the dynamic of the entire show.

--Damon Lindelof did not want McPherson to reveal whether the guys on the raft will make it. Or whether anyone is marked for death this season.

"I can’t say that they’ll all live or they all die. But I think, who knows? Many of them are fantastic characters that we probably want to keep around," McPherson said. "That said, when people die on the show, and I think Damon said it, people will be dead. We’re not going to have people reappear."

-- So yes, Virginia, Boone really is dead.

-- "Alias" creator JJ Abrams intends to incorporate Jennifer Garner's pregnancy into the storyline. Presumably that won't mean standing behind plants or inappropriate restaurant scenes.

"The show runners this year and JJ are really focused on how to do that and how to make it realistic and not, you know, campy," McPherson said. "JJ is a master at this stuff. I love the fact that he's embracing it. I think it would be a mistake to hide it.

-- Abrams also knows what makes the show tick: Garner running in her underwear.

-- And jiggling.

-- And fighting.

-- Without shots of Sydney in her underwear, jiggling and fighting, a new hire may be taking over thong duty. "She's going to be mentoring a younger agent, and you'll be able to get some of that, maybe, sex appeal, if you will, in different places."
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/archives/005362.html
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2005, 10:16pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: "Lost" and "Desperate" for
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 1:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

V CRITICS TOUR
'Lost,' 'Housewives' release season details

By Hal Boedeker | Sentinel Television Critic
Posted July 25, 2005, 9:50 AM EDT

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Viewer alert: Major revelations are coming soon. Television's two most-talked-about series, ABC's Lost and Desperate Housewives, quickly plan to answer questions raised by their cliffhangers last season.

On Desperate Housewives, the first episode will open by showing what happens when plumber Mike (James Denton) goes into the house where agitated teen Zach (Cody Kasch) is holding Susan (Teri Hatcher) hostage, series creator Marc Cherry says.

Lost will plunge into the mysterious hatch in its first episode, series co-creator Damon Lindelof says.

"You will see everything that's in there. What is in there will change everything about how they live on the island," Lindelof says. "We are erring on the side of giving away too much as opposed to being too vague."

The producers are meeting the nation's TV critics to collect awards. The Television Critics Association honors Desperate Housewives as program of the year. Lost earns prizes as best new program and top drama. Both series are likely to start their second seasons in mid-September.

The hatch looms as the main topic on Lost, and producers plan a bold revelation.

"I can guarantee you there will be people [viewers] who do not like what they find in the hatch," Lindelof says. "We found this door in the 10th episode of the show, and 13 episodes later they finally open it up. So what's inside has to be something big."

Although the contents can be construed as science fiction, Lindelof rules out a few possibilities.

"There aren't aliens in there," he says. "There isn't a time-travel portal. They aren't going to find a ship they blast off into space." The ill-fated voyage of the raft forms another major plot. A band of vicious strangers set the craft afire and seized the boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). Three other castaways -- Michael (Harold Perrineau), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) -- were left struggling for survival in the ocean.

"If they will reconvene with the main group becomes the story fodder of the first seven or eight episodes," Lindelof says.

The show will continue to examine characters' lives through flashbacks before the plane crash put them on a remote island. Those plots will include more on the marriage of Jack (Matthew Fox); the injury that put Locke (Terry O'Quinn) in a wheelchair; the rock-star existence of Charlie (Dominic Monaghan); the fugitive past of Kate (Evangeline Lilly); and the lottery lifestyle of Hurley (Jorge Garcia).

Michelle Rodriguez joins the cast as a passenger who was in the tail section and who survived elsewhere on the island. The recurring numbers -- on the flight, hatch and lottery ticket -- will become "the driving and fundamental plot point of the second season," Lindelof says. Viewers will know how the plane crashed by season two's end, he promises.

But Lindelof stresses the people are the main element. "The island just serves as a conduit to tell character stories," he says. "No one is really watching the show for the answers to those mysteries. They're watching to see: Will Kate and Jack hook up?"

Desperate Housewives creator Cherry clears up a lingering mystery: Rex (Steven Culp), husband of Bree (Marcia Cross), is definitely dead.

"There was a scene in the finale which made it really, really clear," he says. "Because we were long, I cut it. I thought the phone call [from the doctor to Bree] did it. I did not mean to confuse the fans in any way."

Alfre Woodard, who's a new regular, plays a housewife with a dark secret. "Her character was a concert pianist," Cherry says. "She's going to be involved in something pretty gothic on the show -- pretty dark and spooky."

Cherry previews what's ahead for the other wives:  

Susan finds out the truth about Mike's relationship to Zach.

Lynette (Felicity Huffman) joins the work force in a surprising way. Joely Fisher will play one of her bosses.

Pregnant Gabrielle (Eva Longoria) has to convince Carlos (Ricardo Antonio Chavira) that the baby is his, and finds a way to do it.

Bree has a battle royale with her mother-in-law (Shirley Knight) over Rex's funeral.

Edie (Nicollette Sheridan) will begin a romantic relationship in the second episode that frustrates Susan greatly.

Cherry dismissed speculation, fueled by a Vanity Fair article, that the actresses are not getting along. He notes that Huffman attends the critics' party, although she wasn't a nominee for comedy achievement. Hatcher and Cross, who were nominees, do not show up. They lose to Jon Stewart of The Daily Show.

"Everyone's really lovely," Cherry says. "We're people going, 'Glad we have a job.' With the exception of Eva, most of us kind of had passed our prime a little bit, in terms of how the industry can look at you. So I think we're all grateful we caught the second wave. If you're a comedy writer or an actress, when you hit 40, you start to get nervous. We have a lot in common, those two professions."
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.