Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:53pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « In Translation »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   In Translation
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: In Translation  (Read 483 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

In Translation
« on: Aug 16th, 2005, 11:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is one of my favorite episodes.  If you are not a "Jin" fan, you will be after this episode.  Be sure to have tissues handy!! (August 24)
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: In Translation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 9:57pm »

I love the ending of this episode... I had forgotten this is the one where the batteries die until I heard the music playing and remembered it was the one just before Numbers... too funny...  

I :heart: Hurley...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 7:17am »

it was good, but i still think Jin is an ass.  Not for what he did before the island, but for the way he acted at the end.  He screws up the marriage royally so much so that she wants to leave him.  Then he tries to make it up to her for all of 2 minutes before the plane crashes.  Then she tells him how miserable she was and HE tells HER its too late?  Gimme a break.  He has no reason to leave.  She stood by him!!  What a creep.  She should be happy he's gone
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 3:45pm »

I liked Jin much more after this episode... and by the end of the season I really liked him...  

The other thing you have to consider is we are looking at this from OUR cultural point of view, instead of from a Korean point of view.  I found a posting on another board about this and they gave the other perspective, I'll see if I can find it again.  

It is his responsibility to protect her... and he sees her "secrets" as keeping him from being able to do this.   Also, there are still other things you don't know about them yet, that you find out in the finale... he has good reason to be protective!!

IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2005, 8:42pm »

ahh!! your teasing me now!!  

Still think they won't be skipping any more eps?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.