Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:08pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Deus Ex Machina »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Deus Ex Machina
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Deus Ex Machina  (Read 480 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Deus Ex Machina
« on: Sep 3rd, 2005, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, there are way to many for me to do detailed/dialogue recapping of them...

Basically this one is about Locke - in the flashbacks, we learn that his mother is a nut (when she finds him as an adult, she tells him that he was immaculately conceived) and that is father is a loser!  He hires a detective to find them both.  He finds out that mom is schizophrenic, and has spent time in a mental institution and finds out that his father doesn't even know he exists.  He finds his father, who is quite wealthy, and through the whole show his father builds up this wonderful father/son relationship - I never knew you, I wished we'd met sooner nonsense.  Only to find in the end... Dad needs a kidney and mom has set up John to find him (Dad paid her to trick him into finding him and coming to see him).  Dad just wants John's kidney.  As soon as the operation is over - Dad goes back to his "big house on the hill" and won't open the security gates for John to come in... doesn't want to see him again.  In the end, John in sitting in his car crying.

Back on the island - John and Boone are trying to open the hatch.  In the process, John gets this huge chunk of wood stuck in the back of his leg.  He pulls it out as though he doesn't even feel it.  Back at camp he sticks it with a pin and burns his foot with a piece of wood from the fire... obviously feeling none of it.. which panics him.  Later when he and Boone are out in the woods again, he has this "vision" of an airplane flying over, his mom in the jungle, and Boone covered in blood saying "Theresa falls up the stairs.  Theresa falls down the stairs."  He himself is back in the wheelchair in the vision, and when he tries to get up and walk, he can't.  Locke isn't sure what any of this means, but decides they are supposed to go look for the "plane" because it was a "sign from the island"... so they take off to look.

In the meantime, one of my favorite bits, Sawyer is having terrible headaches.  He's taken aspirin and Sun's herbs,  nothing is getting rid of it.  Kate talks Jack into making a 'house call.'  Sawyer asks if it could be a tumour, he had an uncle die from a brain tumor... Jack tells him there are some tests they could do, Sawyer tells him his "insurance ran out".. (LOL - I love Sawyer).  Jack asks him if he's noticed any 'phantom smells', that tumors often cause you to smell things like smoke... Sawyer says no, Jack walks off... Sawyer starts sniffing the air, like he's checking.. LOL.

Meanwhile, back in the jungle, Locke and Boone are off looking for the "plane", and Locke is having trouble with his legs.. keeps falling down... (losing that magic fixed leg power, so it seems).  Eventually they find a body in the trees, dressed in priest's robes.  They search the body and find a letter opener/knife/pen, that the guy has gold caps on his teeth, and a money clip full of Nigerian money.  They conclude maybe he's not a real priest.

Back on the beach Sawyer is being grouchy and irritable.  Kate drags him off to see Jack about the headaches.  (Have to transcribe this conversation, it's one of the best all season!)

Jack is checking his eyes with a penlight, which seems to be irritating him more than the headaches (LOL).

JACK:  When did the headaches start?

SAWYER:  Few days ago.  A week, maybe.

Kate is sitting watching them.

SAWYER: Do you have to be here? (to Kate)

JACK:  Do you have them when you wake up in the morning?

SAWYER: (shaking his head no) Usually they hit me middle of the day.

SAWYER: What the hell are you doing with that thing?

JACK:  Checking to see how your pupils respond to changing stimuli.

SAWYER:  What's that -- that nod?

KATE:  Would you just let him do his thing?

SAWYER:  I'm letting him, but I wanna know what the hell he thinks I sh--

(Jack walking around, nodding, picks up a notebook, etc.)  

JACK:  I think you should just shut up and relax.

Jack snaps his fingers near Sawyer's eyes, irritating him again!

SAWYER:  What the hell are you doing?

JACK:  Have you ever had a blood transfusion?

SAWYER:  What?  No.

(Jackwrites in the notebook.)  

JACK:  Taken pills for malaria?

SAWYER:  Nope.

JACK:  Have you ever had sex with a prostitute?

SAWYER:  What the hell's that got to do with anything?

JACK:  Is that a yes?

SAWYER: Yes.

JACK:  And have you ever contracted a sexually transmitted disease?

(No answer)  

JACK:  I take that as another yes.  When was the last outbreak?

SAWYER:  Go to hell, doc. (gets up and walks away)

KATE:  I know he deserved it, but --

JACK:  He needs glasses.
Smiley

Back in the jungle, Locke is having trouble walking.  He and Boone find a plane!  The same one he saw in the vision!  His legs are getting worse, so he convinces Boone to climb up and see what is in the plane, it's stuck in a tree/cliff type thing.

Back on the beach, Jack informs Sawyer he has "hyperopia"... in other words, he's farsighted.  They go through all the glasses they're found from the crash.  Eventually Sawyer finds to pair that work for him, each with a broken lens.  Sayid uses a stick from the fire to melt them apart at the nose bridge, then fuse the left and right lenses from two pair of glasses to make Sawyer a pair of half white, half black (ahhh.. that black and white thing again) pair of glasses to use for reading.

Back in the jungle, Boone is in the plane.  He finds another body that scares him.  He's digging around in the plane to see what he can find.  He finds a bag of statues, which he throws out to Locke.  They're full of heroin.  As we're focused on Locke looking at the heroin, he hears a creak above him.   Inside Boone has found a radio, and is trying to get to it... from the outside Locke can see it's about to fall... he yells at Boone to get out.  Boone is determined to get to the radio.  Boone gets to the radio - says "Hello, we're the survivors of flight 815 - hello, hello."  A voice responds, **"Hello".. Locke is still yelling (static) then "the survivors of flight 815."

As Boone hears the reply, the plane falls... Locke tries to run to the plane as it crashes to the ground.. his legs are still failing him.. he starts throwing stuff out of the plane, trying to get to Boone.  Eventually get him out, all bloody and barely able to speak.

Back in the caves, Kate and Jack are talking about Sawyer... Locke comes running in, covered in blood, carrying the injured Boone.  He puts him down so Jack can check him.  Tells Jack that Boone fell off a cliff while they were hunting... Jack checks him, he's bleeding badly, barely breathing.. says he needs lots of water, cloths (shirts, anything) to stop the bleeding.... Kate runs off to get the stuff... He asks Locke exactly what happened... realizes Locke's no longer there!!

Last scene shows him sitting in the car after he's left his father's house crying.  It cuts to Locke sitting on top of the hatch, crying... soaked in Boone's blood.  He's pounding on the hatch window and says "I've done everything you wanted me to do, so why did you do this to me?" as he cries against the hatch... then suddenly the hatch window lights up ... from inside.. LOST!

**there's lots of speculation about what was said during the static of the radio transmission - but the general accepted phrasse now is "NO, we're the survivors of flight 815!" The implication being that either 1) there are other survivors somewhere else on the island or 2) they're in some sort of "time warp" and Boone is talking to himself..  

There was also speculation that it said "We're the survivors... " and that what Boone heard was just feedback of himself speaking...

Guess will find out in a few weeks.. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2005, 9:44pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.