Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « Maguire: 'Spidey II' to be even better »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Maguire: 'Spidey II' to be even better
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maguire: 'Spidey II' to be even better  (Read 1303 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Jul 11th, 2003, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Friday, July 11, 2003 Posted: 9:39 AM EDT (1339 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Actor Tobey Maguire, who shot to A-list stardom in 2002 smash hit movie "Spider-Man," Thursday vowed to fans that the web of a tale being spun for next year's sequel will be even stickier than the original.  

"I'm really happy with it ... It's going to be better than the first one. The story is a lot better," he told reporters at a news conference for upcoming film "Seabiscuit" in which he plays a jockey.  

Maguire, who portrays the comic book crime fighter Spider-Man and his alter ego Peter Parker, said the filming for "Spider-Man II" was about two-thirds complete.  

He declined to provide details of the plot. What is known, however, is that Parker is now attending college at Empire State University while two new villains, Dr. Octopus and the Lizard, plot his destruction.  

The first "Spider-Man" became one of 2002's biggest hits by thrilling audiences with action and digital effects and delighting critics with its story of Parker -- conflicted by the human desire for love and his superhuman abilities.  

"Spider-Man" racked up $806 million at global box offices and in its first weekend alone in the United States and Canada, it sold a record $114 million worth of tickets.  

Earlier this year, Hollywood was buzzing with talk that Maguire had hurt his back portraying racehorse jockey Johnny "Red" Pollard, who rode the legendary Seabiscuit in the 1930s and 1940s.  

Various news reports speculated that because of his back problems, Maguire might be out of a job as Spider-Man/Parker for the sequel, but the 28-year-old actor shot down that talk.  

"It's not true that I was fired," he said.  

Maguire characterized his back problem as an ailment that had nagged him for years and was not the result of filming "Seabiscuit." He declined to detail his back problems.  

He said that because the stunt work in "Spider-Man II" is more strenuous and acrobatic, there had been some "concerns" and some "questioning" by the filmmakers and himself as to how physically fit he was for the job. But he added that he always intended to reprise his role for the sequel.  

"I didn't have any doubts," he said.  

"Spider-Man II" is scheduled to be released in July 2004.  

IP Logged
dudeguy89
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got.

View Profile Email

Re: Maguire: 'Spidey II' to be even better
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11th, 2003, 1:36pm »

I just found out today that they're having a Spider-man cartoon on MTV. It starts tonight, and it's supposed to have the same plot as the second movie. I probably won't watch it but there's a heads up for you spidey fans.
IP Logged

I root for two teams. The Marlins, and anyone who beats the Yankees.
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Maguire: 'Spidey II' to be even better
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16th, 2003, 7:31pm »

hmmm... i can't wait for the showing of this sequel... i hope this rocks.... hehhehe...

it great having a lot of sequels coming for next few years... hmmmm.....
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.