Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:41pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Ann & Diane (Malaysia) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Ann & Diane (Malaysia)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Ann & Diane (Malaysia)  (Read 18675 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TARA2: Ann & Diane (Malaysia)
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/teams/ann-diane/index.html

Dancing Mums        

Member 1               
Name: Ann Tan
Hometown: Malaysia

Member 2               
Name:       Diane Douglas
Hometown: Malaysia

You can call them the desperate housewives of Malaysia - housewives who are desperate for new challenges and adventure that is. And what better way to discover excitement than to pack their bags and take off on The Amazing Race Asia. These two longtime dancing buddies are trying to prove that after family commitments, everything else they undertake should be as easy as performing hip hop or funk jazz.  

Having met through their common love for dancing and physical activities, Ann, 40, and the mother of three children, ages 16, 13 and 2, together with Diane, 33, mother of a 10 and 2 year old are more than prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for the Race. And that is to dump their husbands and children aside to realize their dream of taking part in The Amazing Race Asia.  

In fact, as Diane puts it jokingly, this is not something they are just merely willing to do. "We are also looking forward to leaving our husbands and children for a month to win the race," she says in a half jesting, half serious manner.  

"We have given so much time to our families, this is something we want to do for ourselves."  

And just because they are mothers, and thus, a little older than the competition does not mean that it is any sort of a disadvantage. Just the opposite, they want to show everyone that there is excitement for mothers, and you just have to search, like they did with taking part.  

Complimenting her teammate, Ann adds, "We want to encourage all mothers that their lives do not end after the birth of their children, because we are really sexy moms on the go!"  

Aside from dancing, both women are also outdoor fanatics, and entrepreneurs. Both have businesses of their own – Ann runs a children's activity studio cum café, while Diane handles the marketing for an online t-shirt shop which she set up with her sister-in law. And in their leisure time, both competent moms enjoy organizing the occasional playgroups for their children and going swimming or clubbing. But they work best when they are on the dance floor, strutting their stuff for all to see.  

In fact, it was the more excitable Diane who convinced her more business-minded friend to drop everything to take part in the Race. "When she told me about it, I thought why not?" recalls Ann.  

"We are always looking for new challenges. I know Diane and she is totally reliable and she has never let me down, ever. If Diane can do it, I can put my life in her hands."  

She is just as confident of her own abilities as she is of her teammate's. "I am rather fit and fairly intelligent and used my mental and physical abilities to focus on each challenge as best as I could and of course, working well with my teammate."
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 2:01pm by banzai » IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Ann & Diane
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 1:34pm »

This is all I got from ozzybabe @ AXN:

They are trained ballet dancers but now they do hip hop, jazz and all the trendy stuff -not 'mum' stuff. Ann owns a dance studio in Sri Hartamas.

Dianne won some beauty contest a few years ago, something with F1.

Thanks to Wuming Shi's scan
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Ann & Diane (Malaysia)
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 4:15pm »

DIANE DOUGLAS & ANN TAN  
Connecting flight: Dancing Mums  
Country of origin: Malaysia  

Declaration form: They are the dancing, desperate housewives of Malaysia - desperate for a stress-free vacation away from their husbands and children, that is. Ann, 40, and Diane, 33, are long-time dance buddies that enjoy moving their feet to hip-hop and funk jazz.

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 4:19pm by banzai » IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 5:23pm »

Ha, I love the Dancing Mummies!

So this is the team of Ann Tan and Diane? I bet they were chosen based solely on their name. JK!
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 5:24pm by MK » IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:21pm »

My pre-show fave team Cheesy
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:22am »

MY ULTIMATE FAVOURITE.

MOMS?

DANCERS?

5 KIDS?

WOW, THAT'S AMAZING? Grin Grin
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 6:50pm »

I do like them...They remind me of Gina/Sylvia.

...let's hope they do better than them
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 4:00am »

I really hope they go as far as they can!! Cool
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:36am »

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/19/tvnradio/19 135171&sec=tvnradio

Our femme fatales

Hot mammas: Douglas (left) and Tan definitely challenge the stereotype of dumpy, harassed housewives.

With such a stiff penalty, keeping their mouths sealed was pretty easy, says Diane Douglas of the second Malaysian team, tagged the Desperate Housewives aka The Dancing Mums.  

"When we came back a friend of mine offered to give me a platinum card if I told him who won ? and I told him that if he had US$5 mil to spare, I'd tell him right away!" laughs Douglas.  

Cooking up an alibi for their month-long absence was simpler for Douglas and her teammate Ann Tan than for the Chong sisters.  

"We just told them that we were going to Australia for a dance boot camp," says Douglas, 33, who, being an Amazing Race fan, invited Tan to be her team mate.  

The two dance enthusiasts are hoping to show other mums, housewives and everybody else that the fun does not stop when you have a family or children.  

Unfortunately, they could not train or prepare much as they were only notified three days before they were due to leave for the Race.  

"We basically had just enough time to sort out our family and work commitments," recalls Douglas.  

The duo, however, did not see this as an obstacle as "physical fitness was only one aspect of the race".  

"You don't really have to be super fit to run the race as there are other challenges that do not require physical strength alone.  

"What was important was that we were willing to do anything ? dig trenches, eat anything, climb walls ?," says Tan, who teaches dance at her studio in Kuala Lumpur.  

"The best part about the race for the two hot mammas was the anticipation of what was ahead of them.  

"We really had no idea what to expect ? we never know what we had to do or even where we would be headed.  

"We had absolutely no clue what was about to happen and that was exciting. It was like an adventure holiday, but better because nothing was planned," says Tan, 40.  

"Yeah. I loved the adrenaline rush that I got throughout the race. It just drove us on," adds Douglas.  

Is the race really as intense as it appears on TV?  

"It is 10,000 times more intense because one leg could sometimes stretch over two or three days. On TV it is all in one episode!  

"Also, we only got 12 hours rest in between legs and we had to do our laundry, rest and do whatever else within that time before we were racing again. It was really intense," says Tan, a mother of three children aged 16, 13 and two.  

"Most times we don't have time to think about anything else other than the race.  

"Many people asked if we missed our kids, and to be honest, maybe at night when we were resting, we did. But the rest of the time we had no time to miss anyone," says mother-of-two Douglas.  

Vanity had also to be left behind.  

"Because we were on a race, we could not check in our bags. Our backpacks were our hand luggage as we had to be ready to dash all the time.  

"So, because of the new (travel) requirements on the amount of liquid we could carry we had to limit what we could bring.  

"We shared our shampoo, conditioner, suntan lotion and moisturiser and of course we had to leave our bath salts and face masks behind," says Tan with a laugh.  

So what can viewers expect on Tara 2?  

IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 4:56pm »

Diane seemed to have put on some weight in that studio pic they did for TARA. Maybe she's expecting to burn it off during the race. (Like what smart people do before they get on Survivor, they put on weight)
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 2:25pm »

IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 3:00pm »

IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 11:50am »

^ are those their pre-race pics?? They look good there. Their studio pics don't give them justice. (maybe it's Diane's loose t-shirt that makes her look heavy)
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 12:53pm »

Wheee! Love this team to bits Cheesy
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 29th, 2007, 2:22pm »

Yes, those 4 photos, the one with the red t-shirt, were taken at the hotel right before the race.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.