Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 5:09am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Now that the race is over... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race Gossip, News & Recaps
(Moderators: JP, Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Now that the race is over...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Now that the race is over...  (Read 2998 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Now that the race is over...
« on: Aug 25th, 2003, 7:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Please consider joining us in our other reality forums.  

Survivor Pearl Islands will have a cast announcement this Thursday, and we have the fall season opening with some other shows as well.

Also, we have our other talk down further in the list - movies, books, news items, and of course our personal get to know you, shoot the breeze forum, The Grapevine.

It was a pleasure seeing all of you post and debate over the race here and I would hate to see you go.  So please consider sticking around and joining us in other areas of the forum!   Smiley
- Rhune
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Now that the race is over...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2003, 7:41pm »

Don't worry rhune... we'll stick around...Cheesy
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
SeedlessCat
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27th, 2003, 1:21am »

The race will return and I'm gonna host it
and Phil and Jeff Probst are gonna be a team
IP Logged

Jmusic rules
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 10:26am »

BUMP from the past!

No need to start a new thread, maybe we can talk here about things we do while we wait for TAR6?

For now, I satisfy my Reality cravings with Survivor Vanuatu. No time to watch other shows, although I would love to catch up with CSI and Alias. And I am waiting for the 4th season of 24!
IP Logged
ilovemymariners
ForumsNet Member
USA 

BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! I LOVE MY RUSSEL CROW!!!

marinermojo
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 7:08pm »

on Aug 25th, 2003, 7:41pm, pau_p1 wrote:
Don't worry rhune... we'll stick around...Cheesy

You can't get rid of us that fast!  Wink
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2004, 7:10pm by ilovemymariners » IP Logged

Survivor: Bobby, Jeff, Jenifer

The Amazing Race 6: ROCK ON FREDDY AND KENDRA! I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU!

The Amazing Race 7: RON AND KELLY ARE MY FAVORITE TEAM! THEY ROCK MY SOCKS! GO RON AND KELLY! #1!!!!!!!!!!! I'M THE #1 FAN!

GO LYNN AND ALEX AND UCHENNA AND JOYCE TOO! YOU GUYS ROCK ALSO!

Psycho Pericles
ForumsNet Member
USA 

yo

Psycho+Pericles
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 9:20pm »

I'm a mod so I stick around...I'd stick around in any case though Wink  Even if I was banned or something I'd find my way here to look around.

I'm not really a fan of Survivor: Vanuatu.  I liked Seasons 1 through about 4 of Survivor.  I hated 5...   You could tell this by me just now saying to myself "OH CRAP!  Survivor was on 2 hours ago...".  For TAR I begin preparing to watch it hours before it is about to air...HOURS.  And even though I thought Season 4 wasn't the best of seasons, it was still amazing.  My favorite TAR still is TAR2...that amazing finish is so awesome with Tara & Wil and Chris & Alex running towards the finish line...I'm going too off-topic.
IP Logged

- Psychooooooo
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:50am »

I think we can go WAY off-topic here, since this the title suggests "Things to talk about now the race is over", which could be everything!  Grin (And you're the mod here, so please allow this one. Wink )

I first started watching Survivor first than TAR. I started with Survivor Africa, which for me is THE BEST SEASON, with Lex commenting on slitting throats, and them surrounded by lions and what have you. I didn't get to watch the whole S4, so all I know from that is that an Under The Radar type won it (Vecepia). S5, quite good, because of Shii Ann, and Brian, the "Epitome of a Used-Car Salesman". S6, pretty cool too, with the first gender-divided tribes, and Jenna and Heidi, and Christy!

S7 is also one of my favorites. I can still remember when I always root for Drake during challenges. And alliances that are not there, except for Rupert, Christa and Sandra.

I'm not sure, but I think TAR4 was shown with one season of Survivor, I forgot what. TAR4 was the first TAR series I "completed". My first glimse of TAR is the Vietnam leg (I think) of TAR3, where Flo is trying to pick up and ride the bike stacked with rattan stuffs, and failing horribly while she was having a tantrum. It stuck in my mind, so when I caught TAR 4 (Episode 1) in the TV, I watched it, and it was good. So I watched it all, rooting for Millie and Chuck and Jon and Al.

Ok, anyone else wants to talk? :laff:
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 5:10pm »

I'll talk, Jaypee.  Smiley

I was a fan of Survivor from the very first season even though I was only 10.  Cheesy I remember that my mom and me both hated Rich from the very first episode... that started our curse... I still watch Survivor, and we even got my dad to join in on the reality shows. (He won't watch TAR though!  Angry)

I didn't start watching TAR until TAR4. I gave TAR1 a chance back in 2001, but I thought it looked stupid.  Don't ask why... So I just watched little bits of TAR1-3... then when TAR4 started I gave it another chance. Now I am so happy I did, because of all the awesome teams! (And I get to chat with awesome people!  Wink) What would life be like without the awesome teams of Jon and Al and Charla and Mirna?  Cheesy

Now I just hope that TAR comes out on DVD. I need to catch up on the TAR's I missed...   Embarassed
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004, 5:12pm by Heather » IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Psycho Pericles
ForumsNet Member
USA 

yo

Psycho+Pericles
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 11:04pm »

Stupid?  StupidHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

The first TAR episode I ever saw (10 PM Wednesday April sumthing...it was the Sydney -> Coober Pedy leg in TAR2)...I was hooked.  It was during a school trip, so my roomates were yelling at me to shut it off at 10:30 PM (2 hr ep so it was until 11...) and I wouldn't...I just loved the show from the first second.  It's just an awesome show. Grin

I saw TAR1 too last fall.  I thought it was a great season.  TAR2, the first season I watched is still the best for me.  Followed by TAR1, TAR5, TAR3, and then TAR4.  If Flo wouldn't have won TAR3 it would have been higher Cheesy

So until TAR6 starts...
I'm gonna be watching...um...hmmmm....ya....Yankees baseball...but that ends in late October leaving me a 2 week cushion.  They last 3-5 hours so they keep me busy.  Also there is...The David Letterman Show!  I like that show...oh and the Simpsons.  That premieres November 7th, the day after TAR...so that won't help...

And Jaypee, I'm not absoulte dictator...at least I don't try to be...I only really mod if someone uses many smilies *cough*ilovemymariners*cough* or posts spoliers in this news, gossip, and recaps forum *cough*sk698*cough*.
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004, 11:11pm by Psycho Pericles » IP Logged

- Psychooooooo
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 4:52am »

When I first saw TAR, I saw it with my father and it was the very end of TAR 2.  All I basically saw was the race to the finish line.  (I think)  I didn't think much then, but when it replayed, I started watching in the middle of the first episode.  It was the part when teams were arriving at the Big Man in Rio De Janeiro.  I started to get more interested but it was late at night so I had the last 20 minutes recorded and I watched it the next day after school.  After that, I kept watching every season.  My dad tells me he'd seen a glimpse of the very last episode of TAR 1 but didn't know what it was.  All he remembers was it featured a place in NY called Flushing Meadows Park, because it had the globe.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 10:09am »

Yeah, I hope they release a DVD of TAR! :clap: I heard CBS (?) released a DVD for Survivor All-Stars, so why not TAR? I want to see Brazil!

CharlaIsAmazing (Setsu?), when I was 10, there was no such thing as Reality TV, although if there was, I don't think I would have watched them.  Roll Eyes And you watch with your parents. My parents don't watch foreign Reality TV, only local ones (we have TONS of them  Roll Eyes), but I got them to watch the Philippine Legs of TAR (who wouldn't? Wink). It's usually us (siblings? we have a Filipino one-word for brothers and sisters, I dunno if it translates to siblings, but anyways) siblings that watch foreign (mostly American or "English-languaged") shows. I watch Letterman when it was still aired locally, although I think Conan O'Brien is way crazier.  Grin I don't like Jay Leno. I wonder why.  Lips Sealed And I also like The Simpsons when I was younger. (Sonic, it's obvious you like The Simpsons. It's like saying I lurve Dolly. Grin)

Aside, from watching TV (and working), I read books to entertain myself. So you see me posting in the Books section of ForumsNet.  Wink
IP Logged
ilovemymariners
ForumsNet Member
USA 

BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!! I LOVE MY RUSSEL CROW!!!

marinermojo
View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 2:51pm »

I think the first Amazing Race was the best Amazing race.. When I watched it i was supprised because i didn't know what yeild was or road block.. But  now i can kinda predict when I yeild or Road block is coming.. I couldn't then! I didn't watch the Amazing Race 2 that much but i did often.. Now it's a habbit.. I still turn on the T.V On Tuesday at 10:00 pm and them "Joan of Arcadia" Is on and i forget that it's not on till november! Cry  I can't wait for it though!
IP Logged

Survivor: Bobby, Jeff, Jenifer

The Amazing Race 6: ROCK ON FREDDY AND KENDRA! I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU!

The Amazing Race 7: RON AND KELLY ARE MY FAVORITE TEAM! THEY ROCK MY SOCKS! GO RON AND KELLY! #1!!!!!!!!!!! I'M THE #1 FAN!

GO LYNN AND ALEX AND UCHENNA AND JOYCE TOO! YOU GUYS ROCK ALSO!

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 3:06pm »

Hmmm... there's no Yield yet in the first Amazing Race.  Wink But I get what you say. Although I think they alternate which comes first, the RoadBlock or Detour.
IP Logged
Psycho Pericles
ForumsNet Member
USA 

yo

Psycho+Pericles
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 5:06pm »

The alternating on Roadblock/Detour first appeared in TAR4.
IP Logged

- Psychooooooo
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 9th, 2004, 6:29pm »

Quote:
CharlaIsAmazing (Setsu?), when I was 10, there was no such thing as Reality TV, although if there was, I don't think I would have watched them.

Life without Reality TV? That must have sucked.  Wink

But yeah, Survivor was what got me into reality shows. And I still watch with my mom (and my dad on Survivor) but we don't always agree. (Especially like on the Mia-Twila thing on Survivor. )
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.