Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 11:53am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Episode 4 Recaps »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Episode 4 Recaps
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Episode 4 Recaps  (Read 358 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Episode 4 Recaps
« on: Oct 11th, 2002, 9:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

'Survivor: Thailand' Sends Home the Denver Diva
Thu, Oct 10, 2002 11:43 PM PDT  
by Brill Bundy
Zap2it, TV News  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The drama came to a head last week on "Survivor: Thailand," but it didn't boil over until Thursday (Oct. 10) night when the Chuay Ghan tribe sent Ghandia Johnson packing back to Denver.

Things started out with Sook Jai returning from its first Tribal Council meeting. Robb was shocked that Shii Ann (who he insists on calling Shannon) wasn't voted off, while Stephanie summed things up with, "If they vote out Jed, piss on 'em."  

Stephanie continues to make friends and influence people by rolling her eyes, complaining to Robb and picking up squid off the beach and handing them over to the others with a look of disgust.

It's not exactly date night over at the Chuay Ghan camp either. Ted has decided that Ghandia is dead to him and is busy ignoring her. This is understandable considering her sexual accusations against him last week. To refresh the memory of those who missed it, when Ted apologized for some improper cuddling do to some middle of the night mistaken identity, Ghandia decided not the outcome wasn't dramatic enough and then proceeded to go to everyone else and embellish the extent of the alleged molestation.

Predictably, Clay and Brian side with Ted while Helen (who used to work at a rape crisis center) believes Ghandia's side of things. Jan doesn't weigh in on the matter.

However, did her or didn't he is the least of the tribe's problems; the division of the sexes runs deeper than a misguided booty call. While the women of Chuay Ghan spend their days cooking and tidying up, the men make themselves scarce under the guise of "fishing" when they are really lazing about in the water.

Brian doesn't help matters by calling this the natural order of things and joking about going to find some laundry for the women to clean for him.

None of this dissension bodes well for the challenges. First off, Sook Jai wins the reward match consisting of bunches of bananas and four live chickens to take back with them. They then go on to trounce the Chuay Ghans for Immunity once again by solving two image puzzles, proving once and for all that the "Survivor" challenges beat "Big Brother" ones any day of the week.

With the Chuay Ghans split evenly down gender lines it appears to be a toss up as to who will be booted. However, despite her support of Ghandia's allegations, Helen decides it's better to get rid of the legal secretary than restaurant owner Clay.

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Episode 4 Recaps
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13th, 2002, 2:49am »

She's Gone

Why Ghandia should change her name to Gone-dia -- The ''Denver Diva'' has no one to blame but herself for her ouster in this week's sorta spiritless episode, says Dalton Ross  

YOU GO, GIRL Back to Denver, that is, as the tribe sends her packing

It's a good thing that Ghandia ''don't play the blame game,'' because she has no one to blame for her eviction but herself. And I'm not even talking about her reaction to Ted's curious canoodling. (That whole situation is so murky I still don't know what to make of it.) Even if you remove ''Survivor'''s first sexual scandal, Ghandia still by almost all measures played a pretty horrible game.

She began by losing the first immunity challenge when she couldn't figure out that stupid knife puzzle (notice she also couldn't figure out this week's temple puzzle), and then proceeded to run her mouth WAY too much. It doesn't matter if she was right that Clay is a lazy, misogynist hillbilly. Let it go, sister! LET-IT-GO! (Besides, hillbillies are funny!)  

Ghandia herself said that she was there to win the million dollars, and if that was the case then she should have kept her yap shut instead of complaining about everything and everyone. Of course, it's not like anyone would've been horribly upset if Clay had gone instead.

Even host Jeff Probst seemed ready to slap him around for writing ''Denver Diva'' on his eviction sheet, tersely sniping, ''Enough with the nicknames!'' You go, Jeff! I don't blame you for snapping after dealing with these mooks for five seasons now. Me, I'm glad Clay's still around, if for no other reason than maybe we'll get to see him get strangled by Robb again. (I still cue that up on the old VCR on a nightly basis.)  

Meanwhile, over on Sook Jai, not much was going on. Stephanie basically decided the rest of her tribe was worthless and proceeded to paint a big dummy. That was pretty much it as far as they went. (By the way, some tribe member named ''Penny'' showed up in this episode. Who the hell is this woman? Have we seen her before? I swear this is the first time I've ever noticed her. Watch. Now she's going to go and win the whole damn show. You heard it here first.)

Oh yeah, Robb also carried on an extended conversation with a group of chickens, which somehow seemed mildly appropriate. Apparently, chickens are fluent in ''dude-speak.''  

All in all, this week's episode was pretty hum-drum. I mean, how can you call it anything else when the reward challenge is ripped off from freakin' ''Boot Camp''? (And not just ''Boot Camp,'' but ''Celebrity Boot Camp,'' mind you. By the way, congratulations, Recruit Coolio.) And now that ''evil Ghandia'' (her words, not mine) is gone we don't even have a good battle of the sexes to look forward too. That's okay, these clowns will find another way to amuse us next week. They always do.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Episode 4 Recaps
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13th, 2002, 3:07am »

http://www.survivornews.net/article.php?id=118

Helen votes with the guys and there is no tie.
BY DAVID MILLER
Thursday, October 10, 2002

Episode four starts by focusing on the two malcontents: Ghandia of Chuay Gahn and Stephanie of Sook Jai. They went in opposite directions. By the end of the episode, Stephanie was back in the game and Ghandia had been taken out.

Ghandia’s eviction was no surprise. She has been dodging votes since the game started, and it was clear she was out of moves tonight. She ranted to the other women, pairing up the sentences “That’s all I’m gonna say ‘bout that” and “I ain’t gonna be quiet about that much longer.” Clearly she was lost.

Helen was the key vote for Ghandia, a vote Ghandia may have lost when she and Jan opted for Clay instead of Ted. Helen described Ted as a “macho has-been football player”. While this is said we are treated to footage of Ted doing crunches on his “one-pack” abs. Ted, you needed to do that before you got on Survivor and took off your shirt.

The CBS Website had additional footage posted after episode two in which Stephanie says that she, Robb, and Jed are the workers and the rest of Sook Jai are lazy. Jed echoed that sentiment in interviews since he has been voted off. Stephanie starts off this episode cranky and alone, and they give her some airtime to make her case. She rounds up Squid while Jake has the rest tending the fire. Stephanie asks, “It takes five of you to do that?” Point for Stephanie. Since Erin is wearing raingear, the cameraman for the first time pans up to her face. Erin doesn’t see much value in Stephanie’s grumpiness and ads, “I would just suck it up and fit in as well as I could so I could stay on the Island.” Better point for Erin.

For the reward challenge, the tribes are given a dummy, paints, and clothes and they get to go play Barbie for a while. After they finish, the reward goes to the tribe that can distinguish between the dummy and any other tribe member. Stephanie gets some time alone with Sook Jai’s straw man. I could hear singing:

I would not be just a nothing
My head all full of stuffin
My heart all full of pain
I would laugh and I’d be merry
Life would be a dinglederry
If I only had a brain…

But I could not tell if it was the voice of the straw man or of Stephanie. The pep talk worked, and Stephanie powered her way through the reward challenge. Sook Jai drug that straw man around like a bunch of winged monkeys.

The immunity challenge was another puzzle. This time, it’s Tangram, and each tribe sends two members at a time to put together a picture. This means that Chuay Gahn could have had puzzle choker Ghandia sit this one out. Could they have forgotten episode one? Ghandia and Jan start even with Robb and Shii on the second picture, with Clay badgering them from the side. They lose, and Helen takes the swing vote into tribal council.

Helen got a vote from Ghandia back at the second tribal council, and I’m guessing one of the guys might have reminded her of this. Or maybe Helen knew the tribe would be stronger without Ghandia. Or maybe she knew they would have a chance to pick new tribes next week. Whatever her reason, Chuay Gahn finally does what they should have done in episode one; they vote Ghandia off.

David Miller is a software engineer and Survivor wannabe. Comments welcome at [email protected].
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.