Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:47am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Survivor 10 (and random contestant interviews!) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Survivor 10 (and random contestant interviews!)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Survivor 10 (and random contestant interviews!)  (Read 454 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Survivor 10 (and random contestant interviews!)
« on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 11:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

From http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=39446#  

P&G ANNOUNCES 20 BRAND TIE-IN WITH 'SURVIVOR'
Deal Includes Advertising and Product Placement  
December 19, 2003

By Jack Neff  
CINCINNATI (AdAge.com) -- Procter & Gamble Co. will launch a 20-brand tie-in with Survivor 10 on Viacom's CBS next year in a deal that includes advertising, product placement and other content integration, a P&G spokeswoman said.  

Publicis Groupe's Starcom MediaVest Group, New York, arranged the sponsorship as part of P&G's $300 million-plus annual cross-platform deal with Viacom, the spokeswoman said. P&G will be one of four major sponsors of Survivor 10, expected to air next fall, she said. Details on location and theme for the program have yet to be determined.  

Entertainment tie-ins  
The sponsorship, which will span fabric and health, home care, beauty care, oral care and snack brands, is one of P&G's largest entertainment tie-ins ever, she said, surpassing previous deals with American Idol on News Corp.'s Fox.  

Spending was not disclosed.  

The program will begin with a contest promoted in-store and through "P&G Brandsaver," a multi-brand national coupon insert and online loyalty program handled by WPP Group's Landor Associates and Bridge Worldwide, Cincinnati.  

Possible contestants  
To enter the contest, consumers will need to buy three P&G products and answer three questions about Survivor programs, the spokeswoman said. A random drawing of five of the entrants will be interviewed as possible contestants in the program.  

The brands to be featured in the tie-in include: Herbal Essences, Crest, Dawn, Infusium, Bounty, Pantene, Clairol, Olay, Cover Girl, Tide, Secret, Old Spice, Pepto-Bismol, Aussie, Charmin, Zest, Pur, Pringles and Downy.  

SO! the great news is that 5 entrants will be RANDOMLY selected.  Is this what I am reading here?  Sorry 5 will be randomly selected for interviewing.  Wow!
IP Logged
dudeguy89
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got.

View Profile Email

Re: Survivor 10 (and random contestant interviews!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 4:50pm »

Well the five that are chosen will be going in to the interviews with hundreads of others so I doubt any of them will get chosen for the next round. I would hate for them to be just randomly put into the show. That season probably wouldn't to as good as the past ones.
IP Logged

I root for two teams. The Marlins, and anyone who beats the Yankees.
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Praying for FN members/family health & happiness

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 5:35pm »

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported Procter & Gamble Co.'s advertising and product-placement portion of the 20-brand tie-in begins with with Survivor 10. The tie-in actually begins with Survivor 8,  Cool which starts Feb. 1, while the contest is for possible appearances on Surivor 10, which airs in spring 2005.

http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=39446#
IP Logged

"Senility Prayer"...God grant me...
The senility to forget the people I never liked
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
And the eyesight to tell the difference."

Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:06am »

Thanks MzWings I was just heading in to add the corection.  S9 will be shown in September 2004.  Great to hear about s10 on the books.

Dudeguy - I  agree that they will only be randomly selected to be interviewed.  It's till cool.  I bet one of them gets on.  just cause of the sponsor.  I think they will be treated differently than the regular interviewees that they 1st interview based on their applications.  Just a hunch.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.