Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 5:17am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « CBS to keep Survivor! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   CBS to keep Survivor!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CBS to keep Survivor!  (Read 357 times)
dudeguy89
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Don't be fooled by the rocks that he's got.

View Profile Email

CBS to keep Survivor!
« on: Jan 19th, 2004, 9:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

CBS adds 3rd `CSI,' will keep `Survivor'

By Hal Boedeker | Sentinel Television Critic  
Posted January 18, 2004  

LOS ANGELES -- A third CSI will arrive in the fall, and two more editions of Survivor are on tap for next season, but the return of Everybody Loves Raymond won't be decided for at least another month, CBS announced Saturday.

Raymond creator Phil Rosenthal and star Ray Romano will make the call about whether the show extends to a ninth season. They have indicated they prefer to stop because they've exhausted the storytelling. Other actors want the show to return because they have lucrative contracts.

"I would hate to lose it, but it's not going to hurt us like Friends is going to hurt NBC," CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves told TV critics on their winter tour. Friends will end its run in May, leaving a huge hole for NBC on Thursdays.

Survivor: All-Stars will debut less than a half-hour after the Super Bowl concludes Feb. 1, Moonves promised. After CBS screened a long clip of the series, executive producer Mark Burnett revealed more editions had not been ordered.

That situation changed after reporters questioned Moonves. In a hotel hallway, he and Burnett struck a deal for two more, said Chris Ender of CBS.

CSI: New York will start as a May episode of CSI: Miami before becoming a series. "I think the third one will feel very different," Moonves said, dismissing concerns he's diluting the franchise. "Law & Order is working fine with three."

The nation's most-watched network announced it was renewing four new series for next season: Two and a Half Men, Joan of Arcadia, Cold Case and Navy NCI. But CBS' strong performance this season has been overshadowed by two controversies: the canceled Reagans miniseries and a 60 Minutes interview with Michael Jackson.

Moonves said he had promised The Reagans would be a fair and even portrayal of the former president's family. "When I screened the film, I didn't believe I had lived up to my word," he said. He said he stood by his decision to drop the miniseries.

He didn't think there was an appearance of impropriety in airing a Jackson music special as the network interviewed the singer on 60 Minutes, he said. "I would do it again," Moonves added. "I don't feel it was the wrong move."

The futuristic legal drama Century City will debut at 9 p.m. March 16, replacing The Guardian for six weeks. The Stones, a family comedy with Judith Light, premieres at 9:30 p.m. March 17. But that doesn't mean Becker has been canceled, CBS Entertainment President Nancy Tellem said.

A reunion of The Dick Van Dyke Show will air in May. Carl Reiner has written a script about Rob and Laura Petrie as grandparents that will include classic clips.

Editor's note: Sentinel television critic Hal Boedeker reports from the Television Critics Association winter tour, where networks preview their midseason offerings.

Hal Boedeker can be reached at [email protected] or 407-420-5756.  
Copyright © 2004, Orlando Sentinel | Get home delivery - up to 50% off
IP Logged

I root for two teams. The Marlins, and anyone who beats the Yankees.
avsfanbuck
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Pulling W. Out for another Party!

avsfanbuck69   avsfanbuck01
View Profile Email

Re: CBS to keep Survivor!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 5th, 2004, 5:44pm »

Wow  this is sweet
IP Logged

You all Know that Cappy is coming back for All Stars!
SSurvivor
ForumsNet Member

Jenna Morasca Rocks!!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16th, 2004, 9:34pm »

Only for two more?
IP Logged
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Television networks rarely contract for more than one season at a time, so a two season deal is actually quite good.

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.