Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 1:16am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « What happened to......... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   What happened to.........
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What happened to.........  (Read 1774 times)
Pilar
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Cant keep my hands off my MAN!

horndog_pilar  
View Profile Email

What happened to.........
« on: Jan 30th, 2004, 9:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

David and I were talking the other night we both wondered what happened to the Man, forgot his name, who burned his hands? We thought he more than anyone deserved to be in All Stars since his chance at money was destroyed because of accident. David thinks his injuries may have been so bad he cant use his hands. Anyone know?
IP Logged

If it werent for my husband and kids I would be nothing. thank God for them all!
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Praying for FN members/family health & happiness

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

Re: What happened to.........
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2004, 10:31pm »

Mike Skupin healed well.  He's very busy which is one of the reasons he couldn't have been on SAS.  I can't remember if he was ask.  If he was asked, he would have to have turned them down.

Check him out here:

http://www.mikeskupin.com/

He's doing  better than great!   Wink
IP Logged

"Senility Prayer"...God grant me...
The senility to forget the people I never liked
The good fortune to run into the ones that I do
And the eyesight to tell the difference."

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2004, 10:32pm »

Isn't his name Matthew?  I have no clue as to his whereabouts now.

P.S.  I came back in to say his name is MIke, knew Wings would know.  Great minds.......... Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2004, 10:37pm by luci » IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 2:41am »

I have read that he was supposed to be on all stars, but at the last minute he was bumped and replaced by Rupert.  I am assuming they saw just how popular and well received Rupert was and quickly made room for him.  There are other people I would rather have seen bumped personally.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 3:25am »

Mike Skupin - We miss you!
IP Logged
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 7:52am »

on Jan 31st, 2004, 3:25am, lakelady wrote:
Mike Skupin - We miss you!

:cry2: Amen Rhune and Lakelady....Amen!  :cry2:
IP Logged

luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 3:19pm »

So would we have liked to see him on this Surviver also.  It would have been good to see how far he might could have gone Cry
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 5:31pm »

on Jan 31st, 2004, 2:41am, Rhune wrote:
I have read that he was supposed to be on all stars, but at the last minute he was bumped and replaced by Rupert.  I am assuming they saw just how popular and well received Rupert was and quickly made room for him.  There are other people I would rather have seen bumped personally.

I "heard" or read elsewise:

TS: It's at tribal council where the fate of the Survivor: All-Star cast will be determined. But what's become of some of Survivor's past stars who you won't be seeing? Those who were not invited to this newly crafted ring of Survivor elite?   Three contestants who survived all of their tribal councils will not be here. They are the winner's of Survivor Pearl Islands, Thailand and Marquesas: Sandra Diaz-Twine, Brian Heidik :clap: and Vecepia Towery :clapping: , respectively.

JP: It's very tough deciding whether winners should get an instant invite. In the case of someone like Vecepia, name a Vecepia moment. Name one memorable moment about Vecepia. That's not to say she's not a great player. She won.  

TS: Of the non-winners, the biggest no-show may be Mike Skupin, the guy who, after falling into a fire pit in the Outback, became the only contestant unable to complete the game.  How do you not pick somebody like that?    

MB: Well, everybody was not completely available in their life. I mean, it was a big thing to give up eight weeks. I'm not saying I would have put Skupin in,  Roll Eyesbut I happen to know that it wasn't really possible with his current life.  

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_es_1-30.html  
IP Logged

Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 2:58am »

I read that Mike was told he had a spot and cleared his schedule for it and then was told at the last minute he would not be going.  I can't recall where I read it, however.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 12:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thats a shame if anyone deserved a second chance its him!
IP Logged
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 12:13pm »

on Feb 1st, 2004, 2:58am, Rhune wrote:
I read that Mike was told he had a spot and cleared his schedule for it and then was told at the last minute he would not be going.  I can't recall where I read it, however.

I just went over to Mike's site.  I had never seen the msg boards so I checked them out.  Here's one msg from him.

Mike
12/15/03 at 01:53 AM  Subject: All-Stars    

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
As many of you have speculated, I am not a part of the upcoming All-Star Survivor. It is a very long story and the lawyers at corporate are drooling over anyone saying a word about it yet.  

CBS will announce details as a part of their marketing plan in due time. For now, I'm sorry to say....I do not have the authority to reveal anything I do know at this point.
Hope your holiday season is spectacular....please don't forget why we're celebrating and make sure to spend some one-on-one quality time with everybody you love. It will make a HUGE difference to them.  

Love you all, Mike  

The area I underlined now has me going "hmmmmmm?" So I just sent him an em.

"Hi Mike.......

I'm a huge fan of Survivor.  My home site is http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

We have many fine, highly intelligent, caring and goofy people - run by a wonderful admin. HINT HINT:  We'd love it if you could stop by one day and say "hey".  We were recently discussing the "why and why not's" of your absence at SAS.  I considered your busy (oy vey) lifestyle and imagined if you were asked to participate, that you would have had to say no.

Then.....there was a period of time wherein you "disappeared" from your website, causing speculation that you were, indeed, a contestant at SAS.  I still don't think you were.  I'd be open for a fantastic surprise though....hint hint.

While I understand that contractually you can't speak to this issue, I wanted to let you know there are millions of us would would have loved to see you compete (again) to the finish.

Take care and God speed,
Sharon/MzWings"

'Course, I don't expect to hear from him anytime soon - if ever.  If any of you would like to go check out his website, you won't be disappointed if you do nothing more than look at the hundred of photos - many of them are Survivor Reunion type.
IP Logged

shamon
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 12:50pm »

My wife is a missionary in the Bahamas, she works with a lady who is from Michigan (is that the area where Mike is fromHuh)  My wife's friend heard him speak at Christian events giving his testimony of how he was completely healed (no scars).  Perhaps, I have got my people mixed up.  Can anyone clarify?  Thanks.
IP Logged

When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The
LuvRupert
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

spookijo   marrajo
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 1:07pm »

Hi Everyone!  

Just joined today and this is my first post! Cool

I was looking for info about the Scurvy Dog game at SNN so I can join the Forumsnet.com team, but ended up in the Mike Skupin discussion.  (Thats ok tho, b/c I'm very happy to know about him & his site.  He's one of my Favs! Cool  

While here, would someone please tell me where to go in the forum to get the PW to join your team at Scurvy Dog? I haven't been able to reach Rhune.  

Thank you bunches!  Smiley  

LuvRupert

IP Logged
LuvRupert
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

spookijo   marrajo
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 1:16pm »

I read about his scars being completely healed somewhere...maybe on Survivor News site?  SNN is a GR8 site for Survivor info.

LuvRupert

PS...Could someone please tell me how to use the quote option?  I highlighted just what I wanted to quote, but it shows the entire post!  Huh
IP Logged
MzWings
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Grahndmahmah
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Feb 1st, 2004, 2:00pm »

on Feb 1st, 2004, 1:07pm, LuvRupert wrote:
Hi Everyone!  

Just joined today and this is my first post! Cool

I was looking for info about the Scurvy Dog game at SNN so I can join the Forumsnet.com team, but ended up in the Mike Skupin discussion.  (Thats ok tho, b/c I'm very happy to know about him & his site.  He's one of my Favs! Cool  

While here, would someone please tell me where to go in the forum to get the PW to join your team at Scurvy Dog? I haven't been able to reach Rhune.  

Thank you bunches!  Smiley  

LuvRupert

Hi there LuvRupert.  It's fantastic you found us!  Welcome aboard.

When you go to the FN Homepage - http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi  which you might want to add to your favs....ahem....scroll down a bit to Fantasy Survivor Games - and click on it.  This will take you to http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fantasysurvivor and I believe that's where you'll find the games.  Good luck!

And how to use the "quote" feature is a snap - once you know how.  When you want to quote something in a poster's post, notice in the upper right hand corner, you'll see "quote" and "modify" - click on "quote" which will bring up that person's post.

Next, highlight the areas of that post which you don't want and click "delete" on your keyboard.  This will leave only the text you wish to respond to.

You'll notice [ quote ] at the beginning of the poster's text and [ / quote ].  I left "spaces" between the brackets for demonstrational purposes only - so don't put spaces.  Do not type your text within the body of  poster's test - type below it or above.  Does that help?

If it does - great.  If it doesn't, maybe someone can 'splain waaaay better than I can.   :tup: :wave:

IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.