Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 4:06pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Christy developing PBS show »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Christy developing PBS show
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Christy developing PBS show  (Read 368 times)
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

Christy developing PBS show
« on: Jun 28th, 2004, 11:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Posted: June 22 2004,17:33  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

by Ileane Rudolph

Colorado native Christy Smith was billed as Survivor's first disabled contestant. While the 25-year-old is deaf, she's clearly more than able. Even before she did Survivor: The Amazon — as a sort of Father's Day gift for her dad — the former kids' adventure guide had spent a month in Alaska, roughing it in an Outward Bound program. Despite her determination and experience, Survivor was no picnic.

As fans will recall, Smith's struggles to comprehend what her Survivor tribemates were saying (and plotting) led to tears and confrontations early on. After her ouster on Day 33, her final words were particularly emotional. "I am going to make sure that those freakin' evil stepsisters of mine are not going to win the $1 million," she said about skin 'n' bones beauties Heidi Strobel and Jenna Morasca. She nonetheless voted for Morasca to win in the end. We guess that machete-sharpening runner-up, Matthew van Ertfelda, was just too weird.

Anyway, the single Smith has moved on. These days, she is developing a childrens' show for PBS stations called Christy's Kids. It aims to "teach hearing and deaf kids about nature and ways to break communication barriers," she says. "I'll be the facilitator to guide the kids on a journey."

She's also a substitute teacher for special-needs kids and speaks at schools for the deaf. "Survivor opened doors for me," she says. "I have wonderful fans, and I learned who my true friends are." Smith adds that she has "respect" for her tricky Amazon cronies. "I learned I am a tough cookie — I can do anything. Now, I want to travel the world and see cool places."

Would Smith ever do an all-stars edition of Survivor? "I would do it again," Smith says, "or any other reality show — if I had interpreters. I don't like not knowing what's going on."
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Christy developing PBS show
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29th, 2004, 9:37am »

Tongue She should have won. Really.
IP Logged
oceanavenue477
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Charla & Mirna...The Best Amazing Race Team ever

oceanavenue477
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 6th, 2004, 7:29am »

Yea......she should have won but the most deserving people barly ever win on survivor......ur still my 2nd fav survivor christy
IP Logged

In one Week TAR5 lost half a member from its cast and lost half of its viewers

Hank: Are ya chinese or japanese?
Kan: I'm Laotian
Bill: The ocean...what ocean
Kan: I'm from Laos stupid...its a landlock country in southeast Asia
Hank: ...So are ya chinese or japanese
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12th, 2004, 12:41pm »

:clap:

good for you Christy
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2004, 12:41pm by azure » IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.