Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 2:18am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « RNO Interview with Cirie »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   RNO Interview with Cirie
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RNO Interview with Cirie  (Read 314 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

RNO Interview with Cirie
« on: May 20th, 2006, 8:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

“Un-fricking-believable!”: An Interview with Survivor: Exile Island’s Cirie  
by David Bloomberg -- 05/16/2006  

Cirie can’t believe that she is the newest Survivor celebrity! Despite her being in high demand, RealityNewsOnline was able to talk to her at length about her thoughts on the game. What didn’t we see that would have helped us make sense out of some things? What was she doing behind the scenes? How did she become such an integral part of the game? And where will she go from here? Cirie answers all of these questions and much more!  

Cirie has become the most popular Survivor of the season, a fact that has amazed her! Indeed, even during this interview, Cirie was interrupted several times by people walking by who just wanted to tell her she should have won or congratulating her on how well she did. But she made the time to talk to RealityNewsOnline.

RealityNewsOnline: Hello, Cirie! I know you are all busy, so let’s get right to it. How did you prepare for Survivor?

Cirie: I started working out, and got myself a personal trainer. I changed my diet, and I started running. I never ran before unless someone was chasing me! I really wanted to give it a try. They told me from the first call [for auditions for the show] that I needed to get fit. I wanted to show them I was trying my hardest when I went back for my second interview. So I worked out like a nut. I also got a survival guide book, and actually did look at how to build a fire. But it didn’t stick with me, I forgot all of it.

RNO: Did you study up on strategy or make any plans for the social aspect of the game?  

Cirie: I watched every single episode of the show, and as I’m watching the shows, I’m screaming, “No, don’t do that! Don’t say anything!” And that’s where I got most of my strategy, from seeing what people did wrong. I went in there knowing what I didn’t want to do.  

RNO: Which makes you smarter than probably 90% of the players.  

Cirie: Thank you! When Tina made the comment about what show I thought I had signed up for, I had watched every one. Tina and I were exact opposites. She wondered what game I was playing, but I wondered about her – she didn’t play the social game.

RNO: That was exactly what I thought as well when I watched. Speaking of the social game, what was your original strategy?  

Cirie: I knew that there would be challenges, and they would be physical and I wouldn’t win any of them. So I went in to work hard, to be irreplaceable to the team. That way when we had to vote, they would think maybe she’s not great in challenges, but she does everything around here. I wanted to stay out of the drama but form alliances and feel people out to determine who I should trust and who I shouldn’t. Basically I wanted to fly under the radar until I was in a position to make any moves.

RNO: How did you go from being the next person to go on Casaya to having an alliance with the very people who had promised to send you packing?  

Cirie: When they told me that [I was going next], at that point, I wouldn’t have been the first person voted off, and Survivor was so much more than I thought it would be. So after Tina went, I figured I could go and it would be okay. But then, I just started working really hard. Shane was pretty much a dictator. He thought he did a lot, but all he really did was the fire. He would ask me to get this and that. I was running around like a maniac, doing anything anybody needed. They noticed that other people weren’t working as hard as I was. At some point, Shane came to me when we lost and said, “you aren’t going anywhere.” I was like Shane’s secretary. Whatever he needed, I got it for him. And that went for anybody. I hated getting water, but I had to do what I had to do to stay around.  

RNO: Did you ever have any idea you would become the most popular contestant of the season?  

Cirie: Never in my wildest dreams. I mean, I dunno, I’m still in awe. I can’t even fathom why. I know I’m silly and play around a lot. But this is so much more than I anticipated. It’s an honor that people feel that way about me. I never thought it would be like this. Un-fricking-believable!  

RNO: Do you think Danielle played the game as well as she seemed to think she did, or was she more of a tool used by other people?  

Cirie: The very first day of the new tribes day, Danielle and Courtney were the queens of the tribe – Danielle didn’t do anything at all. Courtney and Shane basically dictated what we needed to do. That was fine with me. But I think Danielle started to realize she might be in some trouble the day Shane asked her why she wasn’t working. I think Danielle said to herself, “I need to start doing something.” But I can’t really blame her because she was safe and comfortable, so she didn’t have to work as hard or really do much of anything. If I was in that position, I might have done the same thing.

RNO: Several times Danielle talked about playing the game in a smart way – what did you think about that?

Cirie: One big move she made was getting rid of Bobby, and she was really smart on that. Outside of that, I didn’t see anything or any power moves Danielle did. Danielle was basically carried most of the time in my opinion.  

RNO: She just told me that she played role in Courtney’s ouster [in my interview with Danielle].

Cirie: Yeah, after I convinced her! It was hard, I had to keep convincing her. She kept saying, “Are you sure?” I reassured her, and told her not to question me again after she saw it would go that way. The only way I got her to vote against Courtney was that Courtney had said some things about the final two, and Danielle told me about Terry winning the car. I told Courtney and Courtney said she now had some trust issues with Danielle, which I let Danielle know.  

RNO: Did you consider trying to make a deal with Terry to get rid of Danielle at the final four vote?  

Cirie: I did not, because I talked with Terry and asked how he would feel about going to the final two with me. He was frank said nobody would be able to beat me, so I didn’t even waste my time.  

RNO: Why did you vote for Aras?  

Cirie: From about day three, the day Shane told me I would be the next to go, Aras told me he would never write my name down. He kind of took care of me. In a game like this, you’re not trying to help anybody. You want them to break down. I feel like Aras is a really selfless kind of person. He does things for people. The stuff he did for me was not for a jury vote. He didn’t do anything I perceived as just for jury votes. He’s a great guy, he worked hard and he deserved to win.  

RNO: Why did you say at the reunion that you would have voted for Danielle if she had taken Terry to the final two?  

Cirie: Danielle and I had been aligned since we got Bruce, and Danielle and Bruce had a bond that she pulled me into. Danielle told me everything and I felt I cold trust her. Until the final four, she had never done anything I knew about to get rid of me. She had been true to our alliance. [My vote] wouldn’t have mattered [to the result], but I would have voted for her out of friendship. Terry never really talked to me much, and Danielle would tell me everything that was going on. I owed her that at least.

RNO: The part about you and Danielle being so close was never really shown. It’s too bad we didn’t see that.

Cirie: No one knew about me, Danielle, and Bruce at all – not even Courtney. If too many people know what you’re doing, your plan is out there to be broken or foiled. I was happy we could keep that under wraps. I felt like if I didn’t take Danielle on the reward, she could have talked to Courtney. I didn’t want to give them time to talk and I wanted to reinforce our alliance.  

RNO: If you could change one decision you made in the game, what would it be?  

Cirie: Hmmm. The decision not to practice making fire that day regardless of whether Danielle was there or not. I was going to practice by myself, but Danielle wouldn’t let me get away. I don’t know why I didn’t want to do it in front of her – if I didn’t do well, I didn’t want her to see that. The only thing I would have changed is I would have practiced in front of her.  

RNO: Your plan for getting rid of Courtney may be the most complicated strategic maneuver on Survivor to have actually worked! How did you come up with your idea, and how did you ensure that it would succeed?  

Cirie: Around camp, Terry was there and kicking our asses. We couldn’t stand him. But for some reason he had seemed to take a liking to Courtney. She’s a great girl, but the only reason I could see for him spending time with her was because taking her to the final two would guarantee him a million dollars. Courtney came to me and asked me to go along with them, and I’m not stupid, I knew I was number four.

Then Shane said he was going to get rid of Aras, and then he would take Courtney to the final two. I felt like that was my spot and she was blocking it. I knew people wouldn’t want to take me because I hadn’t pissed people off, so I wanted to be the only other option. Whoever was standing in my way of going to the final two was going. I thought it would be Terry going to the end, bringing whoever he thought he could win with, and that’s who I wanted to get rid of. I had to tell Aras what Shane said, and I had to tell Danielle about the Courtney trust issue thing, and it worked out.  

RNO: Forgetting the physical aspect of the game, you seemed to be the best player this season as far as strategy.

Cirie: Thank you.  

RNO: To what do you attribute your success on that level?  

Cirie: Watching the show is part of it. But I work in an operating room, and that is the best – I think they should send all the finalists to work in the operating room. That place prepared me for the social aspect of it. I interact with tons of people from all walks of life and I can pick up on things easier. I know when to shut up, I know when something is about to go down. I can kind of pick out what each person needs. I don’t know if it’s from having patients and having to give them what they need. I really believe that helped me a lot. I think that’s why people felt so easy and relaxed with me. I would give each person what they needed.  

RNO: Other than putting your couch up for sale, how has your life changed since getting back?  

Cirie: The response from the public has been ridiculous. I feel almost silly. I live in a really small town, about the size of a nickel. I couldn’t go anywhere, they were all so proud, they said I was inspiring. I couldn’t believe they wanted my autograph. It’s been really flattering and great for my self-esteem. Nothing but positive.  

RNO: Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Cirie: It was the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Before the game begins, we meet with everybody and they tell us it will totally change your life. I listened but I figured it was a routine speech they gave everyone. I did not know the impact it would have on my life. It really, truly has changed my life. It opened my eyes and freed me. I was in my own prison of self-doubt and fear and being embarrassed. Now the world has seen my boobs, I have nothing else to hide. But it saddens me to think of all the time I’ve wasted being afraid. I could have wasted another 25 years and wishing I’d done this. That made this experience so much more than I anticipated it to be. And now I’ll do anything – what do I have to lose?

RNO: Thanks, Cirie, it was great talking to you!

IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: RNO Interview with Cirie
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2006, 8:49am »

I love CIRIE!!! Grin
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2006, 9:15am »

Me too Popo.    Grin
IP Logged
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 21st, 2006, 6:28am »

Me 3!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.