Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 7:16am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « After 'Survivor,' Games are a snap for Rudy Boesch »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   After 'Survivor,' Games are a snap for Rudy Boesch
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: After 'Survivor,' Games are a snap for Rudy Boesch  (Read 542 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

After 'Survivor,' Games are a snap for Rudy Boesch
« on: Jul 2nd, 2007, 7:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

After 'Survivor,' Games are a snap  
Boesch competed on show in 2000  

By Michael Grant
[email protected]
The Courier-Journal

Rudy Boesch was a Navy Seal, he finished third on the reality television series "Survivor: Borneo" and last September he underwent surgery to implant an abdominal aortic stent graft.  

So don't expect the 79-year-old to be afraid of the racquetball competition at the National Senior Games.  

Yesterday he wore a white "Survivor" T-shirt and a sense of calm.  

When asked why he decided to participate in the Senior Games for the first time, Boesch matter-of-factly said: "I was reading about it and thought it would be a good idea. I've been playing racquetball for 20 years, but that doesn't mean I'm any good."  

Boesch, who is scheduled to play today at the Downtown YMCA, described his health as good despite some "aches and pains." He suffered an aortic aneurysm and last year had a tube inserted in his abdomen to reinforce the artery.  

"You get this done, and you walk out of the hospital the next day," said Boesch, who lives in Virginia Beach, Va. "Usually you're in intensive care for four days. I went home. I felt tired for a couple of days. But then I got right back into the groove."  

The military retiree competed on the original "Survivor" in 2000.  

"The part of the show that's hard is putting up with the people," Boesch said. "You're in there with 16 different people. It's hard to get along with them. They probably pick them like that so they argue with each other. That's what they want. If nobody argued, nobody would watch it."  

Boesch said he's still recognized around the world.  

"I went to Bermuda, and I was in a taxi and the taxi driver had my picture on the visor," he said.  

What are his expectations for the Senior Games?  

"I hope I win," he said. "Some of these guys look pretty good even though they have gray hair."
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.