Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 2:53am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Authentic Ben Smith Jersey[ »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Authentic Ben Smith Jersey[
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Authentic Ben Smith Jersey[  (Read 148 times)
forumlily
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Authentic Ben Smith Jersey[
« on: Nov 23rd, 2016, 1:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Jamie Vardy has signed an extension until 2019 to improve his wages.

Vardy's new deal will pay him £80 Authentic Logan Couture Jersey ,000-per-week.

“I’m absolutely delighted to be fighting to achieve something special with this club, as part of this squad. I’ve never known a spirit like it – from the owners, to the manager and his staff, the players and the fans. I want to be part of it for a long time,” Vardy told the club’s website.

“Leicester have shown nothing but total faith in me since the day I arrived here and it’s impossible to measure how much that belief has helped me to improve. I’ll forever be grateful for the investment the club has made in me and I’ll spend every day working to repay it,” he concluded.

Rays Take Shields Off The Market - RealGM Wiretap After briefly shopping right-hander James Shields, the Rays are now telling teams that he is off the market. Shields is 9-8 with a 2.53 ERA in 21 starts this season. The 29-year-old has seven complete games, three of them shutouts, and a 3.8 strikeout-to-walk ratio. 锘? How does a company compete in the long run? I'm not talking about day to day stuff--but what sets your company apart, and gives it a place in the marketplace that allows it to survive, and hopefully Authentic Joel Ward Jersey , thrive?

There are a lot of different terms used to describe the ability to compete: strategic advantage, differential advantage, competitive advantage, unique value proposition, etc. But all these terms mean essentially the same thing--what have you got that the market wants, that other don't?

WHAT IS A REAL STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE?

So what does it take to have a real, sustainable competitive advantage? Let's look at some of the things that are--and some that are not--what I'll call "mirages".

REAL ADVANTAGES

FIRST MOVER
The first mover advantage has led to some of the great success stories in high tech. Apple in PCs, Cisco in Routers, IBM in Mainframes, Adobe in Document Standards, Intuit in Personal Financial Software Authentic Joe Thornton Jersey , SalesForce in Hosted CRM--just to name a few. What is important to mention here, is that while the first mover advantage is real--it isn't necessarily sustainable for very long. First movers that don't develop another, more sustainable advantage, often end up as road kill in the long term.

CRITICAL MASS
Being big can be great--as long as the mass is muscle--not fat (see the large company discussion below). Being big can allow you the resources to build a great brand, spread your fixed costs over a large number of unit sales to provide a cost advantage, and enable you to attract and pay very smart people. Yes, size can be an enormous advantage, particularly in manufacturing market segments where scale is so important. As long as the company keeps its eye on the ball and uses its mass to its advantage, this can be one of the strongest, most sustainable strategic advantages.

PATENTS
I have mixed feeling about this one. Patents can of course become a major strategic advantage, over the very long period that the patent is enforceable. If you have a strong patent portfolio backing a product that has achieved market success--this is one of the most powerful Authentic Joe Pavelski Jersey , sustainable advantages available. But I believe that the pursuit of patents can often be "fool's gold" for many young technology companies. First of all, they really aren't that important, unless you have success in the market. If you aren't successful in the market, sometimes you can become "patent troll", suing others for infringing your patents--but that is truly a business plan of last resort. In software markets, in particular, I'm of the belief that almost anything can be "coded around". Also, with the wide variety of stuff available for patent these days, coupled with great confusion about what is truly enforceable, it's gotten harder to obtain a patent that you are certain you can count on. I've seen a lot of early stage companies dump too many scarce dollars into the patent process, which could have been very useful in that critical time window available to make a new product successful. I'm suggesting a balance here. Using the patent system can have huge payoffs Authentic Brent Burns Jersey , but this should be balanced with the need for capital in achieving market success.

LOW COST PRODUCER
This is another major strategic advantage if you can achieve it. It can allow you to essentially control how much profit is made by an entire market segment. It is a lot more realistic to gain a significant cost advantage in hardware than in software. But with rapid globalization and the constant emergence of lower cost labor markets throughout the world, even current low cost producers cannot allow complacency to set in. Years ago, if you achieved the low cost producer position, you were probably set for a while. But not anymore.

BRAND
This is the ultimate strategic advantage, and arguably, the only one that is sustainable in the very long term. If you establish your company as the leading brand in your market segment, it will allow you to charge higher prices, get away with somewhat higher costs, smooth over your slower decision-making, and much more. A great brand covers up many sins in the short run, and gives you additional time to recover from your mistakes Authentic Ben Smith Jersey , which competitors with lesser brands won't get. In the long run, brand is practically everything.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.