Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:34am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Roshe Run Donna »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Roshe Run Donna
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Roshe Run Donna  (Read 129 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Roshe Run Donna
« on: Dec 13th, 2017, 7:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Nike compares running in the Air Max 360s to "running on air," but the cool thing about the 360s is they look like you're running on air. The shoe is unusually light (less than 13 ounces), and the clear see-through "windows" on the sides of the sole let you look right Nike Air Max 2017 Femme through it.

EVA foam compresses over time and loses its cushioning ability, so Nike designers introduced Air technology back in the late '70s with the Tailwind shoe -- later made popular with the Air Force 1 and Air Jordan shoes. Nike designers replaced some of the EVA with small encapsulated air in polyurethane bags and created a lighter, more durable, and better cushioned shoe.  

Nike compares running in the Air Max 360s to "running on air," but the cool thing about the 360s is they look like you're running on air. The shoe is unusually light (less than 13 ounces), and the clear see-through "windows" on the sides of the sole let you look right through it.

EVA foam compresses over time and loses its cushioning ability, so Nike designers introduced Air technology back in the late '70s with the Tailwind shoe -- later made Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Rosa popular with the Air Force 1 and Air Jordan shoes. Nike designers replaced some of the EVA with small encapsulated air in polyurethane bags and created a lighter, more durable, and better cushioned shoe.  

Since I'm a pronator, which means my foot tends to rotate inwards when I strike the ground, I typically look for well-cushioned shoes that provide stability. Cushioning is particularly important for me since I run on almost exclusively on asphalt or cement.

Durability is also important, as I've learned the hard way that when the foam wears out, cushioning decreases, and I'm more prone to injuries like shin splints. Not to mention, the less often I have to buy shoes, the better.

First off I noticed the 360s were much lighter than my current New Balance running shoes (with an EVA foam midsole). While the Nike sole is see through, it's thicker and you can't bend it or twist it the Adidas ZX 750 Dames way you can with my EVA foam shoes.

The 360s fit snugly, especially in the heel. I don't have particularly wide feet, but had to fiddle with the laces a little before dialing in the right fit. I chose thinner socks than usual to get it just right. Best thing is that my foot didn't slide around in the shoe -- which happens often no matter how much I tighten the laces. No heel blisters with these.

I ran a short two-mile flat route just to get the feel of them before hitting the harder testing course. Although the 360s felt a little stiff the first time, it only took a few runs before they felt snug and comfy.

I chose my high-impact running route to really test them. It's a 5.5-mile route that covers a variety of terrain: steep uphill and downhill, cement sidewalk, asphalt, uneven dirt trails and grass. The most significant part of my route -- and a great place to check cushioning Adidas Zx Flux Womens -- is the steep downhill section that usually jars the heck out of me.

My steps felt cushioned without feeling too spongy. There's enough cushioning but not enough to feel like you're running on a pillow. Nike Roshe Run Donna The cushioning is more springy than fluffy, so you don't feel like you're wasting energy.

On the uneven sections of my run, the shoes felt very stable. In my current shoes I brace my ankles a bit more on these sections, but the 360s felt more stable and allowed me to relax my ankles. The true test for cushioning was a steep half-mile downhill asphalt section at the end of my run. I'm happy to report the Nikes definitely dampened the impact better than my current shoes. I usually feel some aches and pains (usually my knees and shins) here, but not so with the 360s.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.