Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 6:12am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « that fragile and poorly-adapted to »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   that fragile and poorly-adapted to
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: that fragile and poorly-adapted to  (Read 69 times)
Labi1995
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

that fragile and poorly-adapted to
« on: Jun 4th, 2018, 12:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

“Changing to a different type of shoe may ease patellofemoral pain, but it may cause a different injury,” he said. “Nothing in life is free; when you change your footfall pattern, Nike Air Max 2016 Damen you’re just changing one type of injury for another.”
I just simply can’t agree with this Nike Air Max 90 Homme statement. The first part is at least accurate in that change “may” cause a different injury… true of any Nike Air Max 2017 Heren change that you make but the last part is overly broad and flippant.
For me, running high heel to toe drop traditional shoes was always out of the question. I have heel spurs in both feet and excess time on my feet led to several bouts with PF. The VFF craze showed me shoes that I could walk in to strengthen my feet. I always enjoyed actually walking barefoot but it was rough on the skin. VFFs not only got me walking but soon after got me running.
As a new runner doing Couch 2 5K, I had no choice but to “transition” to minimalism slowly… it was the same transition to running overall. That led me to strengthen everything associated with running along the way… quads, glutes, calves, as well as the muscles, tendons and bones in my Adidas ZX Flux Womens feet.
2.5 years later I’ve run nearly 2500 miles – and am currently running 40 – 50 mpw training for my Nike Air Max 90 Femme first marathon… I’ve still not had any significant injury. I attribute that to the form that minimalism has taught me and the slow, gradual build up that I did.
Ironically, though nearly ALL of those miles have been in VFFs, I am now faced with transitioning – or at least augmenting – my running to more cushioned shoes.
Typical shorter runs are easiest and feel best in VFFs, but in training for my first marathon, I have reached the limit of how far a single run in VFFs can be for me (at least for now)… so I am working on getting used to a more cushioned, more supportive shoe (specifically the Altra The One 2)… but it will become a part of my running arsenal. I intend to run in VFFs for as long as I can and only use the Altras for the Nike Air Max 95 Damen long runs/races.Taking a tangent away from the minimalism discussion: Craig Payne seems to be in Nike Air Max 90 Homme the “all runners will get injured because running is inherently injurious” camp. Please correct me if I Nike Air Max 1 Damen Rosa am misinterpreting his view.
But are we all really that fragile and poorly-adapted to performing a basic human activity? I would be more inclined to view recurring, chronic injuries as a result of “doing something wrong,” e.g. poor form or posture, TMTS, lack of strength or mobility, etc.
I realize that injuries will happen, to individuals and statistically across populations. I have a hard time accepting that running as an activity inevitably leads to injury.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.