Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:33am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « I become a pretty solid mid foot »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   I become a pretty solid mid foot
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I become a pretty solid mid foot  (Read 71 times)
Labi1995
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

I become a pretty solid mid foot
« on: Jun 6th, 2018, 1:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Heel slippage has been a factor for me and I don’t think I’ve ever experienced that before. It was weird. I don’t know why they didn’t add that second high lace hole that exists on their other shoes. Adjusting after a few miles and retightening seems to work, but I’d rather not have to do that. I’ve run in the Cliftons and Bondi 2s and think the Cliftons suit me better, but they could use some improvements. Bondi 2s were great but a bit clunky. Skipped the Bondi 3s given their reputationI ran a marathon in these a couple of weeks ago in 3:03 knocking 6 minutes off my PB. Only problem I have is that the softness causes excessive pronation of my right foot which has been a bit sore since (I Nike Air Max Zero Dames have this problem with most soft neutral shoes). I did feel like I was working hard over the last Adidas Superstar Dámské černé 10kms but that might be because I pushed too hard at the start and almost blew up! I really enjoy running in these but I’m thinking the Huaka may be more suitable over a marathon as they’re firmer and may be more stable.I remember telling you about my experiences of running in the Hokas three years ago and that I was very impressed with this shoe. This was in the summer of 2011 when the Hoka was still relatively unknown to most runners and when minimalist shoes were more popular.
Hokas are continuing to find increased support here with the distance runners here in Northern California and the number of runners wanting minimalist shoes seems to be decreasing over the past year. It is interesting how shoe trends ebb and flow over the Nike Air Max Command Dames years. I wonder what the next running shoe trend will be? Any predictions?
My take on your sensation Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink that the Hokas “make you work harder” is like you said, that it probably is related to your central nervous system not yet having optimized your leg stiffness to the very different rebound qualities of the “trampoline-like” cushioning of the Hokas. I doubt that once you are more accustomed to the “feel” of the Hokas that you will be “fighting” the shoe so much and that you will find the extra cushioning no harder to run in than in any other shoe.
I believe that I had read a report years ago that the runners on Tom McMahon’s Harvard “tuned” indoor track (where runners often ran a few seconds faster per mile than on other indoor tracks) had to have some adaptation time Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Femme to learn how to run more efficiently on this more compliant Nike Air Max 95 Mujer surface. It’s believe that much of running efficiency comes down to how well our central nervous system optimizes our “leg springs” to the stiffness of the running surface. Hopefully future research will shed more light on this subject for all of us.I find the same thing with the Clifton’s. Given the really great reviews I expected to love this shoe. I tried and didn’t like the Conquest (too narrow and long – my toes went numb at 8 miles) and the Bondi 3 which I absolutely adore. The Bondi 3 is a bit sloppy but right now I’m trying to recover from a metatarsal bone bruise so the non flexible cushioned shoes are really helping.
I’m 5’1″ and about 130lbs. I actually have a foot that’s kind of wide – not enough to need wide’s all the time but enough to make a good amount of shoes Nike Air Max 2016 Dames uncomfy. The Clifton seemed to fit, though I had Nike Air Max 90 Mens Blue some splay over the sides it was minimal. I did 6 miles of hill reps this week in it and my metatarsal area was sore and I felt lower leg exhausted. Very strange feeling – reminded me of some of the older heavier shoes I have that are just a lot of shoe. Weird because Clifton is so light. My foot was sliding around a bit in the shoe which probably did not help. I have very high arches, a high volume foot, high instep (e.g. Have never been able to wear pull on boots in my life) and a rigid gait. Very stiff. Cadence is 88-90. I’m a slow runner and I think that might be part of it. Light heel striker but in the right shoes I become a pretty solid mid foot striker. This shoe just felt off when running the hills – it was better just doing LSD on fairly flat ground but I still felt tired.  Contrasted to Bondi 3 when I feel like I can Nike Air Max 2017 Womens go forever even though that shoe is heavy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.