Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 2:26pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Nike Air Max Command Femme »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Nike Air Max Command Femme
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Nike Air Max Command Femme  (Read 75 times)
sooo
ForumsNet Member
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Nike Air Max Command Femme
« on: Aug 27th, 2018, 8:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Though white vinyl go-go boots have become her footwear of choice as an adult, Venus used to covet limited-edition trainers growing up, often meeting with friends to trade and customize her most prized pairs. “When I was a senior in high school, that year was the beginning of what I saw with urban kids collecting vintage more, going to Beacon’s Closet,” she says. “Collecting at that time and taking care of things and archiving Adidas NMD Mujer was something new to the hood.” The fascination with sneakers extended to clothing, Nike Air Max 95 Femme of course; and as Venus notes, that collision of high fashion and streetwear ultimately gave rise to brands such as Hood By Air. “It was about the whole outfit. So if you had that rare Nike, well, what top goes with it?” she says. “Sure, you might wear that Billionaire Boys Club top, or you might just start your own line. And that’s what happened.” And while Venus assures me that her personal collection wasn’t as vast as they come, she certainly wasn’t above spending $400 on a pair of limited-edition Nike Air Jordan x A Tribe Called Quest dunks back then, the kind of comfy soles she continues to wear to this day. “I never deejayed in heels, because it’s unrealistic! I have to run around the club and make sure that people get in,” she insists.

Practicality Nike Internationalist Femme was something Venus was careful to consider with DEFCON 1, her vinyl Adidas Eqt Support Adv Dames sock-boot sneaker design for Nike, though the bold style was not necessarily created with a traditional athlete in mind. “I’m not trying to outfit the same person Tinker [Hatfield] would when he’s making the AF1,” she says. “I’m making a shoe for a DJ, a cultural personality, someone who is really important but who doesn’t necessarily have that same stadium to play on. The platform may be in the club, they may be a voguer, or they may be a DJ, or a model club kid who is the muse of all the fashion designers. Those are real athletes but they play on a different court.”

Working with the Nike team near Portland after a day-long master class, Venus imagined how the shoe would function for someone who is both politically minded and fashion conscious. The over-the-thigh design she submitted for the people’s choice competition fades from a Nike Cortez Damen cautionary yellow to an alarming red and boasts a removable vinyl sock that zips around Nike Air Max Classic BW Mujer the ankle. Reflective 3M laces loop up the front for a utilitarian effect, while the vinyl, Venus assures me, provides more stretch than her go-to go-go boots. “The point is you can run for your life if you have to, because that’s the world we’re living in,” she says. Given the wave of political slogan T-shirts on the runway this season, it’s clear that Venus isn’t the only one grappling with tumultuous times in her work. That said, one has to wonder how the resistance can find its footing in fashion. As Venus reasons, “I don’t think products are going to.

All dystopian references aside, Venus still sees it as a fun idea for a shoe, one which she hopes will address the needs of high-fashion sneakerheads like her as well. “I’m constantly on the Nike Air Max Command Femme move and I’m always going somewhere important,” she says. “I need to be comfortable Nike Air Max 2016 Mujer and able to walk, take the train, but also—hey, I have an interview at Vogue right now! Let me take my pants off and put my boots on, and wear an oversize T-shirt! And then I can run to my next thing.” And while the final results for Nike’s online “Revolutionairs” poll won’t be released until March 26, Venus already has our vote.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.