Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2024, 3:36pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « or those who tend to have form »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   or those who tend to have form
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: or those who tend to have form  (Read 77 times)
Labi1995
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

or those who tend to have form
« on: Aug 28th, 2018, 12:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

While the heel of the 1400 feels soft while walking, the shoe feels firmer while running since I tend to load from midfoot to forefoot (see my stride video in the shoe below). It’s a responsive shoe that I could easily use from the 5K all the way to the marathon. Though I’ve run a max of Nike Air Max Command Womens only about 7-8 miles in a single run in Adidas Superstar Mens them, I would have no hesitation running in them for much longer distances (I’m not marathon training right now so no double-digit runs on my schedule). In fact, if I had a marathon on my schedule soon the shoe decision would probably come down to the 1400v2 or the Newton Energy.As John Schrup so elqoquently puts it in the opening paragraph of this review, the beauty of the NB 1400v2 is its simplicity. The sole is simply a full-contact wedge of foam, and it has decent outsole coverage – plenty of rubber to provide durability. I’ve put my typical 30-40 pre-review miles on these shoes and no major signs of wear to the sole. There does appear to be a plastic shank/plate in the region of the midfoot to add stiffness to the shoe (you can see it through the diamond-shaped hole under the midfoot), and Nike Air Max 90 Womens I think this contributes to its Nike Air Max 1 Hombre responsiveness.The upper of the 1400v2 is a nice, breathable mesh with extensive welded overlays. Again pretty simply but it does the job of securing the foot down quite well. It’s composed of a plasticy kind of mesh that worries me with regard to forefoot tearing with long-term use, but I see no signs of an issue so far (unlike the NB 730 v2, which started to develop small forefoot tears with similar mileage on them). I think there are enough overlays to prevent any major blowouts.One issue with the upper of the 1400v2 is that internally it’s very rough, almost sandpapery rough. This is not a shoe for sockless running, I didn’t even try it as I would guarantee some serious abrasion and blistering. Despite this, I have had no issues with hotspots or blisters while Nike Air Max 90 Hombrewearing thin socks.In terms of fit,Nike Air Max 1 Hombre  I opted for a 10.5 instead of my usual 10 to allow a bit of room up front since this shoe is not on the roomy Minimus last. I find the fit to be just right – not super roomy, and not tight. I feel no constriction at all, it just fits and stays out of the way. Perfect for a performance shoe.The insole included with the shoe is thin and flat, and arch support is not obtrusive. The ankle cuff is nicely padded, and there is no real heel counter (though the New Balance logo on the back of the shoe is stiff and keeps the back of the heel from collapsing).Rather than dwelling on additional details, I’ll simply say that this shoe works, and it works very well in a lot of situations. I’ve done intervals in them and they felt great – very responsive when running fast, just enough longitudinal stiffness for Adidas ZX Flux Femme speed.They also feel great on longer, Nike Air Max 95 Damskie slower runs, and for heel strikers or those who tend to have form breakdowns late in a race the heel cushion is ample. This is the kind of shoe that could be worn by a lot of different runners with very different styles and body types. I’d go so far as to say it’s a great starting shoe for a new runner – light, simple, and plenty of protection (I’m not a big believer in expensive, techy shoes with lots of stuff shoved into the sole). I’d rank it right up there with the Saucony Kinvara in terms of versatility.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.