Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 19th, 2024, 5:22am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Patient sues doctor over mobile phone surgery »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Patient sues doctor over mobile phone surgery
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Patient sues doctor over mobile phone surgery  (Read 1072 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: May 6th, 2002, 3:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A patient is suing a Hong Kong doctor who took a personal call on his mobile phone during an operation about a car he was buying.  

Taxi driver Gary Chung wants unspecified compensation from Dr Tung Hiu-ming, who took the personal call from another doctor during a colonoscopy.  

Chung's lawsuit also names the Hospital Authority, which manages Hong Kong's public hospitals, including the Queen Mary Hospital, where he underwent surgery.  

The operation, to examine Mr Chung's intestine and colon, took place on May 13, 1999.  

The authority's spokeswoman, Connie Lau, confirmed the lawsuit but declined comment "in view of possible legal proceedings".  

It was reported at the time of the surgery that Mr Chung was conscious and could hear Dr Tung's conversation. Mr Chung had not received a general anaesthetic.  

Local newspapers report that Mr Chung claims he was injured by negligence on the part of the doctor and the Hospital Authority but no specifics were mentioned. Court officials said they could not immediately provide a copy of Mr Chung's writ.  

The Medical Council, an independent body that investigated the matter, had said earlier Dr Tung did not commit professional misconduct because he hung up quickly and Mr Chung's health was not affected.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Patient sues doctor over mobile phone surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 6th, 2002, 3:07am »

It seems to me anymore that there's a large portion of the population that sees getting scheduled for surgery like winning the lottery, and are looking for things to go wrong in any way, shape or form so they can get rich.
IP Logged
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 6th, 2002, 4:37am »

ITA agree Rhune ... I think that our society in general is waaaaaay to "sue happy" ... everyone is looking for the quick buck ... everyone wants to get rich for nothing ...    Roll Eyes
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
DanDC99
ForumsNet Member

Troublemaker

DanDC99
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 6th, 2002, 5:53am »

I know I have had patients who talk on the phone, but I cant say I have ever done it during treatment...

Of course, I dont do surgery either.....
IP Logged

Check out the Watercooler for free discussion of Board Issues! http://pub137.ezboard.com/fthewatercooler46545frm4

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.