Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 5:17am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « my new baby »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   my new baby
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my new baby  (Read 446 times)
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

my new baby
« on: May 30th, 2002, 9:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well,  the unthinkable happened...my laptop finally gave up the ghost after a prolonged battle with notbuiltwellness.  symptoms included continually cracking  and breaking off screen, already repaired but breaking again power cord, battery that would never keep a charge, prone to viruses, internal fragmentation, etc.  it was very sad.  i loved that machine.  it was my first laptop baby!  

two evenings ago, a friend came over who suffers from icandoitness.  he took my computer apart to fix the power supply problem and the unthinkable happened... Shocked he broke off the power supply connection in the back of the laptop.  seeing as i have had a previous repair of said problem and knew the price of this part and its' fragility, i knew it was well on its' own way and my friend only assisted in the suicide.  he offered to pay for the repair though.  there is no real point for this as i knew that it would happen again.   Embarassed

after phoning around, we discovered that it would be a three week dealee for the surgery and whatnot...there has been a doctor's strike here afterall!  anyway, even though this is the worst time for a purchase, he found me a replacement laptop ~ a three year old IBM (i know about IBM and the holocaust.  but it was used.  this is my excuse for now... Roll Eyes thinkpad worth $3500 new but we got it for under $800.  the deal is he is lending me the money and i will pay him back when i am able.  he knows i a still recovering and unsure about the future.  i did not make the offer to him.  he offered me the deal!

so here i sits wif my new baby.  it is great.  it is so sturdy.  it has a chargable battery.  it even had a $350 ethernet card that he is going to sell (i already had one) and that will be one of my payments.  his roomie is going to try and fix up my laptop and then we can sell it for parts and another payment.  this computer is so much fast than my old one.  it has a larger screen, more memory, more room for upgrades and a cover that isn't flimsy!

as you can tell, i am  Grin Cheesy Grin Cool.  i also feel blessed to have friends such as my computer friend.  he realizes that he suffers from icandoitness and is working on it!   Wink  

now to continue working on my stuff! Wink
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

Re: my new baby
« Reply #1 on: May 31st, 2002, 1:45pm »

Congrats! on your new baby KA Grin ....Gee I didn't even know that you were expecting Wink  I hope that your new Baby behaves nicely for you! BTW.. What is her/his name?

I am glad that you have good friends to help you out! You can't ask for more in life than that!! Cool Grin
IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 31st, 2002, 2:39pm »

Mags writes:
Gee I didn't even know that you were expecting Wink
lol Mags ... Neither did I !!  She hid her pregnancy very well, don't you think?  Wink   Just hope you didn't get morning sickness ...  Lips Sealed .... lol

In all seriousness ... Congrats K-A!!   How great for you! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother to your new baby ...  Wink
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 31st, 2002, 5:42pm »

Kiss  Cheesy

thank you!   Kiss

name still to come...how about eastendpad?  eep for eeg?  or as croc calls me...eastendbabe eeb?   Tongue Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2002, 9:00pm by east » IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.