Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 11:15pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Sun protective clothing »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Sun protective clothing
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sun protective clothing  (Read 633 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Sun protective clothing
« on: Jun 21st, 2002, 10:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My daughter has been using sun protective beach wear and hats for the past three summers.  I am now looking into similar products for adults.

Her swimsuit has been completely awesome.  It covers her arms and legs to 3/4 length. Hat has a brim and hangs down the back of her neck.  The material is very light weight and comfortable.  The Size 4 lasted two full years and now she has graduate to size 6 which is a bit big but it doesn't matter.  

I am not sure where you can buy these products in the USA but in Canada there is a product line called sunveil that is seen in specialty stores.  I still find the items hard to find and only know of one store (in a small town called Exeter of all things) where I can reliably find this line of specialized clothing.  

I just found out it can be purchased online as well at http://www.solarsafewear.com/

There is another company I found online called nozone.  I don't know much about their products but if you go to http://www.nozone.ca/ they have links for USA, Canada and International.  

I am looking for a hat for myself and one for my mother for when we are out in the sun.
IP Logged
DanDC99
ForumsNet Member

Troublemaker

DanDC99
View Profile WWW

Re: Sun protective clothing
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2002, 10:56pm »

Great post Addams!

I need some of this for my son. I got burned badly on the water, and we put lotion on him constantly!!!! The curse of my pale skin, I guess....

Thanks for the info.
IP Logged

Check out the Watercooler for free discussion of Board Issues! http://pub137.ezboard.com/fthewatercooler46545frm4

NBAchick
ForumsNet Member

nbachick1232
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:47am »

thanks for the link addams!  god dont make 'em any whiter than me.... i can get a bad burn in less than an hour.  thank goodness my son got my hubby's coloring and we dont have to worry bout him..

heading for that link now....

cher
IP Logged

i love this game!
katy
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23rd, 2002, 5:41pm »

Thank you Addams. My son is on a chronic med that makes him photosensitive, not to mention he is whiter than white. Great idea to have UV rated clothing, never thought of that. I just buy gallons at a time of number 45 suntan lotion.  Smiley

katy
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2002, 5:42pm by katy » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.