Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 3:21am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Political Humor »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Political Humor
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Political Humor  (Read 735 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Political Humor
« on: Jun 18th, 2002, 6:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2002, 6:41pm by Rhune » IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

Re: Political Humor
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 8:48am »

I dont know whether to laugh or throw up.  I do appreciate the humor, however, having been born and raised a Catholic, it really makes me mad  Angry to see how the Catholic church (mis) handled their recent sexual predator/abuse crisis.

I believe that no one is above the law and that anyone that can be proven to be a sexual predator should be tried and convicted within the legal system and outside the church.

The Bishops and the cardinals are all sitting around patting each other on the back, thinking that they have arrived at a fair and reasonable decision.....I don't honestly know how they can sleep with their conscience at night.

People who abuse their positions of "power" to commit crimes against society (especially against children) are the scum of the earth.

IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 19th, 2002, 1:50pm »

Kramer, I agree with you 100% ...  It shouldn't matter WHO these people are, if it can be proven that they've harmed a child like that just once they deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law ... It only takes one act of abuse to scar a child for life.
I don't have any children, but if I did, and it was discovered that someone had harmed my child, but escaped punishment just 'cause they said they "only did it once" ... I think I'd throw a fit!!  Angry
I can't imagine that the people who made this rule have any children ... or at least I hope not ...
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Gabby
ForumsNet Member

Hugs to you all!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 6:09am »

on Jun 19th, 2002, 1:50pm, Thai Dyed wrote:

I can't imagine that the people who made this rule have any children ... or at least I hope not ...

Ummm...they're priests.  They aren't supposed to have any! Wink
IP Logged

This too shall pass.
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 5:02pm »

lol ... oops ... well, you know what I mean ... lol

Lips Sealed
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 5:29pm »

Angry  priests (who may or may not have committed sexual harassment themselves) should not be in charge of deciding what becomes of other priests who have.  Angry  the old boy's club applies here too....unfortunately  Lips Sealed

once is enough in my mind....no more.  the priesthood should no longer be a safe haven for pedophile behaviour.  the 'father' of my mother's community was put in jail for countless charges...though my mother has not told me about one occasion with him....my father has.  

there are far too many instances of church youth workers, childcare workers, priests, ministers, etc. taking advantage of another's trust.  it makes me sick to my stomach.  as a christian (already on the edge of her faith), this disturbs me greatly... Undecided Cry Embarassed
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22nd, 2002, 8:30pm »

Unfortunately, over the years, the catholic church has become a safe haven for pedofiles, a place where they are accepted and treated as outside the law.  Not all members of the church/priests/etc. are pedofiles, but it is a place that I genuinely beleive pedofiles are drawn to, since it does shelter and protect them while allowing them to indulge again and again with no repurcussions in their illegal behaviour.  Even their newest policy allows them to hurt children with no repurcussions as long as it's "just once"...sickening.
IP Logged
Tsunami
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 23rd, 2002, 2:16am »

First I should say I'm one of the least Catholic people on the planet Smiley With that said, I think a person can change.  This "just once" rule (as I understand it) applies to past infractions, not future, and is better than the opposite.. if someone committed a sin 20 years ago would you forever exclude them from ever being a priest? A parent? A teacher?

And these are people who have not been convicted of anything.. of COURSE legal authorities would prosecute if they could.  The problem is not about jail time, it shouldn't even be about the pedophiles.  It is about the cover up, and that to me is worse by far.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.