Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 10:31pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Need a cute business name... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Need a cute business name...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need a cute business name...  (Read 4022 times)
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Need a cute business name...
« on: Jun 25th, 2002, 9:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK, I've got this wild idea to start making flannel blankets for babies.  Similiar to receiving blankets, but larger and they won't lose their shape.  This going to be a small business for me and I need a name.  Anyone have any cute name ideas.  

One name I'm tossing around right now is:  Snug Bug Kids Company.

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2002, 10:23am by crypto » IP Logged
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Need a cute business name...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 10:34am »

What a neat idea for a business.  How about "Wrapped In Love" for a name?  I really like Snug Bug Kids Company too.  Smiley
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 10:41am »

Great name IL, but a quick Yahoo search produced a gift basket company with that name.  Embarassed
IP Logged
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 10:53am »

Bummer, IMO the name is more fitting for a baby blanket business than a gift basket company.  Wink  Good luck with the business, I work for a woman who started out as a very small business 10 years ago and has done VERY well.  We make embelished shirts and they are sold all over the USA in small stores and Pro Shops.
Its a good deal for all involved.  I am able to work out of my home and she still has the business at her home and employs three people there.
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 11:01am »

I'm hoping that one day the business will become strong enough that I could just solely work from home and still provide income to sustain our lifestyle.
IP Logged
cheddar
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 12:50pm »

Just for fun...
Company name:  Cryptoflans

Blankets come in packages of six, with a different young child type puzzler embroidered on each one.

Advertising gimmick could be:  Your child will love the delightful puzzles, thinking about the puzzle calms and relaxes them to sleep. (unlike adults which are driven crazy)

Good Luck on the new business Crypto!  I like Snug Bug Kids Company!  I liked the Wrapped In Love too.  Too bad it's used.
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 1:00pm »

on Jun 25th, 2002, 12:50pm, cheddar wrote:

Advertising gimmick could be:  Your child will love the delightful puzzles, thinking about the puzzle calms and relaxes them to sleep. (unlike adults which are driven crazy)

LOL, that's too funny cheddar.  Cool Have you ever thought about being in advertising?

IP Logged
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 1:58pm »

OK, putting brain into creative mode . . . .it's been a while, brain has been overworked lately with decisions concerning whether to use a 4 iron or a 5 iron, but here goes. . . . . .

How about . . . . ."Crumb-Snatcher Wappers"

Grin
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 2:15pm »

OMG Bumper, that is so funny. And the Yahoo search produced no other companies with that name.  I'll add this one to my list.
IP Logged
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 2:57pm »

Cool Crypto, what a great idea! I wish you Tons of Luck.

What about "Snuggly wrapped with Love"? or "Snuggly Loves"? Just a few ideas.. I like your idea of using snug in your name, and I think that Love with it is a good combination.

IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 3:14pm »

on Jun 25th, 2002, 2:57pm, Mags wrote:
Cool "Snuggly Loves"

I like this Mags.  I hadn't thought about any names with Love, but it's growing on me.  

Just a little more insight about the blankets.  They are going to be about 40"x40" in size and there will be two types.  One that is reversible and you can choose which two flannels you want and then there will be just a plain jane using only one flannel.  The edges will be done in lace, satin or just a plain stitch.  I've also been tossing around the idea of having a mini blanket and burp cloths to match.  
IP Logged
DanDC99
ForumsNet Member

Troublemaker

DanDC99
View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 3:15pm »

I wish I had some good ideas for you, Crypto. Unfortunatley, my business has my name in it.. not much help. Maybe something with swaddle?

Bump, on an unrelated note, I am actually going to play golf twice in two weeks. If it wasn't so hot here, I would think that hell has frozen over. I may need those decision making skills, if I can remember what a 4 iron is....
IP Logged

Check out the Watercooler for free discussion of Board Issues! http://pub137.ezboard.com/fthewatercooler46545frm4

crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 3:23pm »

on Jun 25th, 2002, 3:15pm, DanDC99 wrote:
Bump, on an unrelated note, I am actually going to play golf twice in two weeks. If it wasn't so hot here, I would think that hell has frozen over. I may need those decision making skills, if I can remember what a 4 iron is....

Quit hijacking my thread Dan.  Wink  
Swaddle isn't hitting me just right, maybe because there's nothing else with it.

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 3:26pm »

Here's an idea for a similar product that I don't see on the market, that a friend of mine's mother hand made and gave as a baby gift.  

It's a full sized terry-cloth towel, with a hood sewn in the middle of one of the long edges, and the hood is lined with a soft cotton fabric.  It wraps up my new baby after a bath, completely unlike most little baby towels that are hooded in the corner, and the hood is big enough that my 3 year old can wear it.  He calls it his "cape" and runs around the house pretending to be a super-hero after baths.  The towel has become a major source of contention in this house, and I would kill to get another one.  It's one of the best baby gifts I've gotten.
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jun 25th, 2002, 3:32pm »

on Jun 25th, 2002, 3:26pm, Rhune wrote:
Here's an idea for a similar product that I don't see on the market, that a friend of mine's mother hand made and gave as a baby gift.  

It's a full sized terry-cloth towel, with a hood sewn in the middle of one of the long edges, and the hood is lined with a soft cotton fabric.  It wraps up my new baby after a bath, completely unlike most little baby towels that are hooded in the corner, and the hood is big enough that my 3 year old can wear it.  He calls it his "cape" and runs around the house pretending to be a super-hero after baths.  The towel has become a major source of contention in this house, and I would kill to get another one.  It's one of the best baby gifts I've gotten.

I've already thought about these and making them in sizes up to about a six year old size.  I believe Lands End is coming out with hooded towels that are decorated like animals.  Haven't check it out fully yet, but knowing Lands End they are too pricey.  Awesome idea Rhune.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  6 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.