Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 10:46pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Relatives from England and a Holiday Weekend »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Relatives from England and a Holiday Weekend
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Relatives from England and a Holiday Weekend  (Read 671 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Relatives from England and a Holiday Weekend
« on: Jun 26th, 2002, 8:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well it's that time of year again.  Canada Day is on Monday and we are starting to gear up for our long weekend.  On Friday we are having special relatives arrive from England and I am starting to panic.  I won't be around that much for next several days.  

Oddly enough we are going to take them to Stratford when they are here.  They have never been to the Canadian Stratford.  It's such a pretty place.  

Also in High Park (a 400 acre park in centre of Toronto) there is a play during the summer that they put on right in the park in the evenings.  Usually it is a Shakespeare also.  We are hoping to get to that one evening.  

A trip to the shores of Lake Huron and then the usual collection of museums and galleries should tire them out by the end of the week.  So if you find yourself wondering where Addams is - she's AWOL but only temporarily.  

Right now I am panicking about my work at the office AND how the heck is the house going to get finished with picking up and tidying up.  Yikes!
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2002, 8:05am by Addams » IP Logged
Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Relatives from England and a Holiday Weekend
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 8:53am »

Okay, Addams, time for a few deep cleansing breaths.  Take it easy, things aren't as bad as they seem.  These people are coming to see you, not inspect your house.  A little clutter is to be expected with a small child in residence.  RELAX and enjoy the visitors and the activities you have planned.  Everything will turn out fine and the weekend and the visitors will be gone before you know it.
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 11:53am »

you can do it
you can do it
you can do it
you can do it

and you will!   Smiley  i wish i was getting relatives from england...especially my no-no... Tongue  sigh... Wink
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 12:16pm »

addams, I sure hope you have a great holiday.  Don't fret too much about cleaning the house, my motto is: clean after the guests leave, not before they arrive  Grin  

We will miss you while you are away relaxing and having a grand old time, sipping drinks, chatting, ..... sigh.  Enjoy  Tongue

IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 12:54pm »

It'll all be over soon enough, I'm sure you'll have a good time. Smiley
IP Logged
GAS
ForumsNet Member

Are you speaking or are you dreaming?

125741429 125741429    
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 2:38pm »

Addams, have a great time.  

Clutter? Considering that Wednesday is around your house it is spotless.  Of course that is using my house as a frame of reference. Smiley

IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 3:41pm »

on Jun 26th, 2002, 2:38pm, GAS wrote:
Addams, have a great time.  

Clutter? Considering that Wednesday is around your house it is spotless.  Of course that is using my house as a frame of reference. Smiley

You made my day!  Thank you.  
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 3:46pm »

on Jun 26th, 2002, 11:53am, eastendgirl wrote:
Smiley  i wish i was getting relatives from england...especially my no-no... Tongue  sigh... Wink
Oh no-no is sooooo cute.  I understand.  I hope you get to see him again soon.  

These relatives are kinda cool.  They are my dad's cousins.  We didn't know about each other existence until about 13 years ago.  The internet has also allowed me to "discover" new relatives.  We have a very unusual last name and there are not many of us.  So it is all very exciting. They have still not met my one sister and her boys.  So I think it's going to be great.  They are really delightful folks and wonderful guests.  Couldn't ask for any better.

On another line,  I better get that latest tiff with my mom resolved before Saturday when I have to head up to the cottage with everyone.  Sigh.   Sometimes parents bug us - even at my age.  But I had better be grateful for em nonetheless.  Sigh. sigh.  
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 3:59pm »

Breath in, breath out...you'll be fine.  Go have yourself a cold beer and all will be well.
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jun 26th, 2002, 5:56pm »

Addams, it sounds like a wonderful time is in store for all!  Smiley If it goes at your house as it does at mine when we have out of town guests, I clean and make all as perfect as I can, make myself a bundle of nerves trying to get everything done - then within half an hour after they arrive everything is upside down again.  Wink They'll be focused on you and your family, not on how spotless things are.  Grin  

When I read your original post, it made me think about a good friend of mine, a perfectionist who has had to learn how to be a guest at her own parties. She was always so paranoid about everyone's drinks being freshened, the perfect music etc etc she made us all crazy.  

Finally we had an "intervention", Ya Ya sisterhood style  Grin and told her we were boycotting her parties if she didn't chill out and join the party. Since then she enjoys her own parties (and we enjoy HER) and we often just freshen our own drinks LOL.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jun 27th, 2002, 12:28am »

Uh, did someone mention cold beerHuh Grin Cool
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.