Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 10:35pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot" »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot"
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot"  (Read 429 times)
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot"
« on: Jun 30th, 2002, 12:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung from the end of a pole, which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.
At the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots of water to his house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its
accomplishments -- performing perfectly what it was designed to do.

The poor cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection, and miserable that it accomplished only half of what it had been designed to do. Perceiving itself to be a bitter failure, the cracked pot spoke to the water bearer one day on the way back from the stream. "I am ashamed of myself. I want to apologize to you for delivering only half of my load.

Because the crack in my side causes water to leak out on the way back to your house, you don't get full value for your efforts," the pot said.

The bearer replied to the pot, "Did you notice that here are flowers only on your side of the path, not on the other pot's side? That's because when I learned of your flaw, I planted flower seeds on your side of the path. And, every day while we walk back from the stream, you have watered them. For two years, I have picked these beautiful flowers to decorate my table. Without you being just the way you are, there would be no beauty to grace my house."

MORAL: Each of us has our own unique flaws. We are all cracked pots.
But it is the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding. You simply have to accept each person for what he or she is, and look for the good in everyone. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape. Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life.
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

Blessed areRe: Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot"
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30th, 2002, 9:48am »

Quote:
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

These are the wisest words I've heard in many a long day!   Cool Grin  
I want them for my sig line!  Wink

I love the whole thing Thai Dyed, where did you get it? It sounds exactly like something a Hindu swami would say to illustrate a point. That's how they teach, with stories and allegories.
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Re: Why it's not bad to be a "crackpot"
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30th, 2002, 10:21am »

It was sent to me in an e-mail ... and I thought it was just too good not to share  Smiley
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.