Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 6:13pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Strange things folks do when they stop their Cars »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Strange things folks do when they stop their Cars
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange things folks do when they stop their Cars  (Read 553 times)
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

Strange things folks do when they stop their Cars
« on: Aug 7th, 2002, 9:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

OK - this happened today.  I am stopped at a red light on University Avenue just north of Queen Street about 4 cars back from the light.  The car door of the guy two in front of me opens up.  The driver gets out of the car and goes to the big fountain on the meridian in the middle of University Avenue (a grand avenue with fountains and plants and memorials etc in the middle of it).  

He gets out of his car, goes to the fountain puts his hair into the fountain and wets the top of his hair.  Then runs back to his car (oh the light is green now!) and continues driving.  I found it odd to say the least and also odd that no-one even honked even though he was holding up traffic. I guess we were all trying to figure out what he just did! LOL.  

What have you seen others do at red lights?
IP Logged
Mags
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

MagsCDN
View Profile

Re: Strange things folks do when they stop their C
« Reply #1 on: Aug 8th, 2002, 5:47pm »

addams.. LOL..I have seen many "red light idiots" but even scarrier.. most of these have been doing this while driving..  Undecided!! I have seen men shaving.. women with curling irons.. ppl drinking beer at 8am Sad , a lady eating pizza with one hand and on the phone with the other.. women fixing their make-up..mascarra while driving..hmm.. Huh

It is very scarry!!  :yikes:
IP Logged

If you judge people, you have less time to Love them. Anon.

Maggi
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 10:08am »

on Aug 8th, 2002, 5:47pm, Mags wrote:
.. ppl drinking beer at 8am :.hmm.. Huh

It is very scarry!!  :yikes:

But Mags, BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day!!   Grin

IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 10:14am »

I also worry about the people I see driving down the interstate, reading a BOOK propped up in the center of the steering wheel!! :yikes:

Actually, I don't really worry about those idiots, but rather the INNOCENT people who might be injuried by these STUPID, selfish drivers.
IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 10:44am »

:dizzy: since almost all of us now realized that it is DANGEROUS to talk on a cellphone in the car (unless it is hands free!), i was SHOCKED to see a police officer doing just this last week!   :yikes:
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Bumper
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 12:25pm »

You gotta' get out more EEG, No need to be shocked.
Law Enforcement types are trained to be able to use a radio, phone, CAD equipment, radar, etc. while driving.  I think the difference is that for MOST people, using a cell phone is a DISTRACTION while driving.  The equipment cited above are tools of the trade for Police types.  When they use them, they are ON TASK, not distracted FROM the task.

Police have been talking on radios (and more recently, phones) while driving for over 60 years.  If only the general public were as careful as our nation's police officers.
IP Logged

Irishlass
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 12th, 2002, 9:41pm »

I thought I'd share this e-mail I received today......it is pretty much on topic, so I hope you'll forgive me this time. Wink

My name is Jon Doe.  Driving to my office this morning on California Interstate 5 near Laguna Woods, I looked over my shoulder to the left and there was a woman in a brand new Mustang, with her face up next to the rear view mirror putting on her eye make-up.  I looked away for a few seconds and when I looked back, there she was halfway over in my lane, still working on her eyeliner.  It scared me so bad I dropped my electric shaver, which knocked the Krispy Kreme out of my other hand.  In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car with my knee against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into my Starbucks coffee between my legs, splashed and burned BIG BOB  and the TWINS, ruined the phone and disconnected an important call.  DAMN WOMEN DRIVERS!
IP Logged

Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 13th, 2002, 8:03am »

on Aug 12th, 2002, 9:41pm, Irishlass wrote:
I thought I'd share this e-mail I received today......it is pretty much on topic, so I hope you'll forgive me this time. Wink

In all the confusion of trying to straighten out the car with my knee against the steering wheel, it knocked my cell phone away from my ear which fell into my Starbucks coffee between my legs, splashed and burned BIG BOB  and the TWINS, ruined the phone and disconnected an important call.  DAMN WOMEN DRIVERS!
LOL, good one.  

This morning on the drive to work there was a KIA in front of me.  Does anyone know if a KIA can travel more than 37 km per hour?  And is there some sort of device in the bumper that prevents it from getting closer than 30 feet from the car up ahead.  Honestly at one red light this lady stopped half a block down the road with no one in front of her.  

I couldn't move over into the other lane because of the line of traffic there  - all of which was caused by a friendly red street car.  I would imagine most of you do not have to deal with street cars on the drive to work.  Actually I prefer them to buses.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.