Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 4:56am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « So You Think You Can Dance »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   So You Think You Can Dance
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: So You Think You Can Dance  (Read 2700 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« on: Jul 5th, 2005, 10:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Idol Honcho Plans Dance Off
by Matt Webb Mitovich

And you thought Simon Cowell didn't mince words. The contestants on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance had better have skin thicker than Spandex, because the show's quintet of judges — all acclaimed choreographers — features nary a Pollyanna Abdul among them.

The two-hour premiere (airing July 20) whittles scores of wannabe hoofers down to 50 competitors. "You've got me being pretty mean to people," executive producer Nigel Lythgoe tells TVGuide.com. "Then we hand them over to the choreographers, and they're just tough."

To illustrate his point, the moonlighting American Idol producer previews, "[Judge] Mary Murphy at one point turns around and says to [the contestants], 'You know, this is a ballroom, not a barroom. Go out, wash your hands, brush your teeth and for Christ's sake, if you've got any deodorant, use it!'"

Another example: "One girl dancer who couldn't cope with anybody said to the choreographer [teaching that week's new routine], 'Can I just sit and watch?' The choreographer said, 'Sure. You'll probably learn just as much watching as you would trying to dance it.' The following day, she went to another choreographer, couldn't cope [and made the same request]. The choreographer said, 'No! If you can't learn it, get out of my class!'

"Even I wouldn't have been that tough!" Lythgoe chuckles.

Comparing the critiquing to Idol's, Lythgoe says, "It isn't a question of three people sitting down at a desk; the choreographers are up there, throwing their bodies around with the dancers [during rehearsals], and then turn on them."

In other words, don't look for peppy comments like Randy's "Nice work, dawg" or Paula's "You are the best!" on this show. "Those personalities developed over the years," Lythgoe notes. "In [Idol's] first season, Simon was just booed, Paula changes with the wind and Randy... well, I still don't understand 90 percent of what Randy says!"

Lythgoe then addresses the obvious question of how So You Think You Can Dance will stack up to ABC's own very popular competitive dance entry, which wraps its freshman season on July 6. "As opposed to Dancing with the Stars, these are real people, real kids — not stars going for another career. They're just kids following a dream. For me, there's a lot more heart and soul in it.

"These people," he concludes, "you just fall in love with — or you hate their guts."

Believe it or not, So You Think You Can Dance isn't the only dance-oriented series in the works at Fox! Read what else is up their sleeve in today's Insider.

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: So You Think You Can Dance
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 11:09am »

I'm actually looking forward to this one.. should be entertaining!! Smiley
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Robort_logan
ForumsNet Member
Italy 

I love YaBB 1G Robrto Logan italian and latin span

na   N\A
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jul 5th, 2005, 12:37pm »

Yes i saw the comerical to this and i have to see this.It look's like it's going to be good.How did you find So You Think You Can Dance.I was looking for the website and i couldn't find it........This is going to be the next big thing lol cant wate.    Roberto  Logan       Cool Cool
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2005, 12:37pm by Robort_logan » IP Logged

Robert Logan 31,1974 italian and latin spanish
azure
ForumsNet Member
USA 

azure1967  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 1:05pm »

I think this looks pretty good too

Cheesy
IP Logged

HELLO EVERYBODY!!
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 6th, 2005, 10:54pm »

I think the first show is July 20th.  Anyone know if this is correct?
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jul 7th, 2005, 1:42pm »

Dance fever hits TV, again

Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 2:04 p.m. EDT (18:04 GMT)  

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Shall we dance, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" asked viewers.

The mildly astonishing answer was: Heck, yes.

Pairing professional hoofers with celebrities of varying degrees of talent or klutziness (former boxing champ Evander Holyfield was game but no Astaire or even Ali) the show challenged them to dance styles not seen in most clubs.

Maestro, a quick step, please.

"Dancing with the Stars" caught the audience's imagination and drew up to 16 million weekly viewers -- the most-watched summer series in five years (since "Survivor" debuted in 2000).

The ABC program, which ended this week, may even qualify as part of a trendlet. Dance is on display in movie theaters, with the charming documentary "Mad Hot Ballroom," about a competition for fifth-graders in New York, and "Rize," detailing the culture of the athletic, urban-born dance called krumping.

Another TV entry, "So You Think You Can Dance," is poised to show it has the right moves.

From the producers of "American Idol" and Dick Clark, the Fox series debuting July 20 (8-10 p.m. EDT) follows roughly the pattern of the network's hit singing competition. Viewers pick the winner of a potentially career-building prize.

For singers, it's a record deal. For dancers, it's $100,000 and an apartment in New York for a year, putting them within a high-kick of Broadway.

But a single champ doesn't mean the performances are always solo. The 16 finalists will be randomly teamed up each week and told to strut their stuff on old and new dances ranging from ballroom to salsa to hip-hop.

It's time to bring couples dancing back, said series producer Nigel Lythgoe, who started as a dancer and choreographer in his native England and worked with such stellar talents as Gene Kelly and the Muppets on TV specials.

"I wanted to go back to, 'Hey, you can take somebody in your arms and dance.' What happened to the great American proms we see so much in movies?" he said. "Now it's all turning into dance battles."

So the series embraces the romanticism of dance?

"Yes," Lythgoe says, then offers a qualifier: "It's still competition, but it's not combative."

Romance in dance
One interested observer welcomes dance's resurgence. Deney Terrio coached John Travolta for "Saturday Night Fever" and hosted disco-fueled "Dance Fever," which debuted in 1979 and aired in syndication through 1987 (with Adrian Zmed as host the last two years.)

Today's talent contests echo "Dance Fever," on which couples were judged by celebrities including Tina Turner, Sammy Davis Jr. and actor-dancer Donald O'Connor.

Terrio, who has a six-day-a-week disco music program on Sirius Satellite Radio, thinks pairs dancing has an inevitable appeal and is pitching his own project to TV networks.

"I think romance will never die. People like dancers who can do the gymnastics and other moves but there's nothing like a couple -- how am I going to say this -- making love on the dance floor," Terrio said.

"American Idol" creator Simon Fuller and Dick Clark Productions had initially teamed to revisit Clark's "American Bandstand." But they decided an updated format was in order and called on Lythgoe to create a contest.

(Clark has been recovering from a stroke he suffered last December.)

"So You Think You Can Dance" opens with 50 contestants, amateurs and pros between jobs, who were chosen at open auditions in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York.

Asked what he observed at the tryouts, Lythgoe cited a startling number of belly dancers: "I've been to the Middle East and never seen so many belly dancers as in this country. Maybe it's something they do to keep fit."

More importantly, the experience reinforced for Lythgoe the importance of training and the general lack of it in contemporary dancing.

"Once you pirouette on your head, you've got to remember that dancing's also done on your feet. And they weren't very good when you took their tricks away from them," he said. "Once we put them with a choreographer, there were very few people who could pick up (steps)."

Top choreographers will help whip them into winning shape. They include Mia Michaels, Brian Friedman, Dan Karaty, Alex Da Silva and Mary Murphy, who count such pop stars as Celine Dion and Britney Spears in their collective credits.

The choreographers also will serve as judges, whittling the dancers down to four finalists. Viewers will choose the winner.

Terrio offers a word of advice for viewers, based on experience.

"Look out, guys. Women will be watching the dance show and saying, "Why don't you dance like that?"'

IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 7th, 2005, 1:43pm »

Official website

http://www.fox.com/dance/
IP Logged
Roberto_Logan
ForumsNet Member
San_Marino 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!Roberto Logan

na   N\A
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Jul 7th, 2005, 1:53pm »

i can dance salsa tango i dont have a prob dancing.If a beautiful lady wants to dance i will wisk her away on the dance floor...............  Wink WinkI am latin it's in my blood.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2005, 1:53pm by Roberto_Logan » IP Logged

Roberto Logan 31 1974
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 11:22pm »

Starts tomorrow night at 7pm CST... just a reminder... have to record it, so I can watch The Cut and Brat Camp.. too much on Wednesday for my brain...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 8:54am »

No Idol Dreams for Dance Stars
by Matt Webb Mitovich  
TV Guide

What first came across as a rather unpromising offshoot of American Idol — who wants to watch people just, you know, dance? — now appears to be the right idea at the right time. (Thank you very much, Dancing with the Stars.) Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (premiering tonight at 8pm/ET) brings 50 hoofers from across the USA to Hollywood, where those who merely dance will be separated from true dancers.  

"We've got breakers, hip-hop dancers, ballet dancers, Irish dancers, lyrical jazz dancers, tap dancers," recounts Nigel Lythgoe, who executive-produces Dance (as well as Idol). "And we have brought them together with five choreographers and said, 'OK, so you think you can dance? Show us. Prove it.'"

After all, Lythgoe points out, "Anyone can stand up and say 'I dance.' Every one of us has had to do that, be it at an office party or wedding. But to say that is totally different from saying, 'I'm a dancer.' A dancer should be able to do lots of things. And any dance that revolves around movement, we will have them attempt to do it. It could be anything from the Charleston to krumping — the entire spectrum of dance."

The field of 50 will quickly be culled to eight males and eight females. Pulling names out of a hat will create pairs (ah, shades of awkward grade-school square-dancing class) who will then tackle a new dance each week, as well as perform their individual specialties solo for the judges . "[Who makes it through each week] will be decided by the judges," says Lythgoe. "But at the finale, America takes over and votes for who they like."

But again, as we stated early on, this is dancing. Not singing. So what reward awaits Dance's first champ? (Please tell us it's not a beach-blanket movie with Justin Guarini.) "We're not turning them into stars like American Idol," Lythgoe concedes. "But we'll give them $100,000 and an apartment in New York City for a year. I don't know any aspiring young dancer who wouldn’t like that. But no, they are not going to be the next Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood. You can't really 'release' anything as a dancer unless it’s the next home video of 'Teach Yourself Hip-Hop.'"

And to hear it from Lythgoe, Dance's dance card boasts more than its share of self-proclaimed experts. "There are so many 'choreographers' [out there]," he says with a roll of his eyes. "Every kid is a hip-hop teacher. One kid even turned around and said, 'I don't train; I teach.' I was like, 'Oh, well, let's hopefully put a pin in that bubble!'"

IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 9:03am »

We've reserved our seats Cool

Robert, if that is you in your avatar, I see why
you have NO problem getting a lady to dance!
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
thingyamabob
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 1:16pm »

This show should be pretty darn popular.  Americans def love dance, but I am not sure how long the hyp will be able to last for it though.  I think 12 weeks of dance might get a little dry after a while.

However, did you see the host for this thing?  My lord is she hot.

Lauren Sanchez

Anyway, I think it should be a pretty good show and I look forward to discussing it here.
IP Logged
thingyamabob
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 1:10pm »

For those of you who haven't heard, the people that made American Idol are launching a show completely dedicated to dance.  Wink

The show is called So You Think You Can Dance and ti will air on weds july 20th at 8PM.  

Looks interesting, but I am not quite sure how it is going to last very long.  Americans like dance, but not 12 weeks of it!  Huh

Couple sites I found for it:

Foxdanceshow.com
Official site on FOX
IP Logged
Mavrick
ForumsNet Member
Cape_Verde 

"SUPERMAN"Mavri c

na   N\A
View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 5:52pm »

thingyamabob ive been wanting to see this show since i heard about it and yes  Lauren Sanchez is defiantly hot  Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2005, 5:52pm by Mavrick » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 11:20pm »

aaaarrggggggggghhhhhhhhh... I totally forgot this was on tonight..  

Cry
IP Logged

lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 8:15am »

So You Think You Can Dance, July 20: New York and Chicago!  
by Sting7 -- 07/21/2005  
RNO

Tonight, the premeire of So You Think You Can Dance! Dancers of all styles, disciplines, and experience take a chance at showing they are America’s most diverse dancer. The audition process is grueling and unforgiving. In this two hour broadcast, we see a flurry of faces and dance moves. Most very good, some... not so much. Gorgeous host Lauren Sanchez (right) takes us on the first leg of the journey!  

The lovely Lauren Sanchez welcomes us to So You Think You Can Dance, the search for America’s most dynamic dancer. Lauren says the search was a wide scope. In the original audition cities, any dancer who showed potential was invited to the next round of auditions in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago.  

Lauren quickly reminds us this competition is not just about dancing (no more than American Idol is just about singing); it’s about looks, personality, and performance, as well. The finalists will be asked to adapt their styles to different choreographers and partners!  

Producers will select the top 25 male and top 25 female dancers, and be invited to Hollywood. Then, 8 boys and 8 girls will continue in the competition and be asked to perform anything from the Charleston to Breakdance! The winner will get a fantastic New York apartment for a year and $100,000 in cash. Not bad to send an aspiring dancer on their way!  

But, first they have to impress the producers: Bonnie Lythgoe, Jeff Thacker, and American Idol’s head honcho, Nigel Lythgoe. Lauren says all three began their careers as dancers. Nigel has even danced before the queen!  

In the round one, all forms of dance were covered, says Lauren. Everything from popping and locking to belly dancing! They danced as individuals, pairs, even in groups. In round two, the dancers had to learn and perform specific choreography, and be told by the producer/judges whether they would be invited to Hollywood.  

Lauren says the judges were sure they would find a star in New York with so many thousands trying out, but it was beginning to look discouraging. Jason Maschi, a lifeguard from Long Island tries to stem the tide, but his modern dance to “Le Freak” was desperately ordinary. Nigel says if he saves lives like he dances, there will be lots of drowning people out there. Jason agrees, he says he didn’t deliver it like he could have.  

Candice Latham, a hair colorist and dance teacher is doing a lot of spinning to “Fever.” Bonnie says that a bunch of spinning doesn’t make you a good dancer. Nigel says Connie spins very well, but so does his wife’s spin dryer. No go. A tearful Connie says she just threw a routine together, she dances in competitions all the time and it doesn’t turn out like this.  

Cheryl Texeira has only been dancing for two years. Cheryl says she’s anxious to get out of her small town. Mom says the dancing just sort of started all of a sudden. Cheryl rips into “Toxic” and it’s clear she has something that Jason and Candice didn’t. Actually, Cheryl looks a lot like Britney dancing! Nigel says the same thing. Candice says she hears that all the time. The judges are pleased. Cheryl is moving on!  

Christine Delano goes down in flames, it was just hideous. We see a montage of break dancers, who always look impressive, but the judges were concerned that they may be one-trick ponies. Daniel Gordon is featured, and Nigel voices his concern that Daniel may have shown his only dancing skill, but he’s willing to see what else Daniel may have. Lauren says some get through, some don’t. The number of belly dancers was a surprise to the judges. And, really, unless you belly dance, how do you judge? One belly dancer manages to levitate a sword in a number of fascinating ways. Nigel asks if it’s a real sword. It is. He’s sold.  

Isis Cardona, who is, shall we say, rather bountiful in the chest region, comes to the stage and Nigel says, “Hello! You’re in!” Isis ignores him, introduces herself, yes, her name is really Isis, and gives a rather beautiful belly dance with a gold wing-cape thing. (Hey, what do you want from me?) Jeff asks if her “costume accessories” are as real as her name? Isis says they are hers now. That’s a big 10-4.  

Erin Pettigrew gives us a graceful jazz dance, but we see also see Ukrainian, Spanish, booty-shake, and Indian hip-hop? Nigel found the Indian hip-hop refreshing! Next came four Ukrainian dancer/gymnasts who spoke no English, and didn’t really know what they were auditioning for! Nigel suggested they all dance together. Test pattern. One takes a shot at English. There is great confusion over what the four will do. Or, which of the four are doing anything! Nigel finally says just hit the music. Nigel describes what ensues as “a lot of moody walking.” That about sums it up.  

Now, time for the next round. Choreographer Carrie Ann Inaba (yes, the very same Carrie Ann from Dancing with the Stars – she must be living right!) gives instruction on a number all the dancers must do, but even now, she is judging. If a dancer looks hopeless unable to grasp the steps, she will cut them! Thank goodness Kelly Monaco didn’t try out for this show!  

Daniel Gordon is floundering like a fish out of water. Erin, Isis, and Cheryl are looking very good. The Indian hip-hopper isn’t as bad as Daniel, but bad, nonetheless. Daniel and Indian hip-hopper are cut with 23 others.  

Now, the remaining dancers must dance in pairs. Seven more are cut. Now, to find out who is going to Hollywood. One at a time, dancers take the stage, and one by one, they are cut. Then comes Cheryl, who has only been dancing for two years. Nigel tells her bluntly that she is not as good as some of the dancers around her. Cheryl admits she felt the same way. But, Nigel points out that they are casting a show and it’s not just dancing ability they want, so Cheryl is going to Hollywood! Cheryl is plainly shocked. She thanks them fourteen times, peppered with “can I go now?” and Nigel tells her they other people to see so, “yes, it’s best you go now.”  

Erin Pettigrew takes the stage. Nigel says she did good work, not so sure about her as a partner. Erin thinks she could improve on that as well. Nigel continues that she was so good earlier, she is definitely coming to Hollywood. Erin is thrilled.  

Isis Cardona, the bountiful belly dancer, is next. Bonnie says she was surprised that Isis was as versatile as she was. Nigel tells Isis she is definitely unique, but she didn’t meet the bar in the partner work, so she’s not going to Hollywood. Isis takes the news with great grace.  

Lauren tells us in day one, only Cheryl and Erin graduated! But, she promises more talent in day two.  

Musa Cooper was chosen from the streets of New York and says that’s where you’ll usually find him. He also says dancing is his life, and thankfully, we got 45 minutes in before we had to hear that! Musa gives an extraordinary modern dance with some nice hip-hop and break elements that the judges are delighted with.  

Gorgeous Kamilah Barret says people compliment her on the sensuality of her dancing. She believes the key is to give it in measured doses and pull it back. As she dances, I see what she’s talking about! She has a great fluid style. Nigel says “for some reason” she’s one of his favorites. Great style and the cameras love her. She’s continuing!  

Anthony Bryant walks onto the stage with a dancer’s posture and, uh, dancer’s drawers. I see more of him than I needed to know. He’s doing a modern interpretive number. His ballet training is as evident as his… luggage. Then comes the ribbon, and as he twirls it about and around him, it’s rather lovely. Nigel is wincing. When done, Anthony gets a nice round of applause. Nigel gets right to the point that he hated the “Russian gymnast routine” portion of the dance, he was sold on the ballet. The whole ribbon bit, Nigel says, will “put guys off on voting for you.” He’s probably right. Bonnie says she wants him to continue to the next round, Nigel agrees whole-heartedly. Jeff makes it unanimous. Anthony seems a little puzzled, but he’s moving on!  

Poor Mandi Thomas has let her nerves bring her to tears before she even gets to the stage! On the stage, they continue to flow, and Nigel masterfully makes her laugh by telling her she’s only got to dance in front of “three ugly Brits!” Bonnie corrects him with “two!” Jeff says “one!” Mandi is laughing now, in spite of herself. Nigel says go dance now while you still can. Mandi is simply amazing. She is doing a sort of African Indian hip-hop punctuated by a daring leap off the high stage! Nigel asks where did the nervous girl go? She is unanimously on to the next stage.  

Ashley Dawson boldly performed her sort of tribal ballet, in which she flexed her foot inward instead of a toe point several times. Nigel is thrilled as he notes most people don’t know how difficult that is to do. Bonnie is pleased, as is Jeff. Ashley is in!  

Melissa Vella was chosen to represent Team USA in a dance competition in Beijing. If she makes the show, she will have to give that up. This does not bother her at all; she thinks the show is an even more amazing opportunity. She’s smart. She’s also definitely a dancer as her modern routine, says Nigel, “had everything” he was looking for. The other judges agree. She’s moving on!  

Brandon Johnson from my home state of Maryland says people are surprised to hear he’s a dancer, but he is. As Missy Elliot’s “Lose Control” pumps, Brandon is a big guy, and the larger set hasn’t yielded much success so far. The judges don’t look hopeful, but Brandon is amazing. He does a leap that about takes Nigel out of his chair! Nigel says he won’t hear anyone tell him that big people can’t dance and enthusiastically sends Brandon to the next level.

Dominic Sophia wants to “save the world with hip-hop” (oh gawd) and does an impressive break routine to “Tipsy.” He clearly missed a couple of moves he went for, but covered nicely, and he seemed preoccupied with his package throughout. Nigel asks if both his testicles are still there, in that wry British way. Dominic says the spinning makes the boxers ride up. Learn something everyday. Bonnie says yes to the next round, so does Nigel. Dominic is in!

Pamela Hargrove tells us the competition is fantastic, because she is fantastic! She promises popping… locking… and rocking! Pamela has one of those smiles were all 32 of her teeth are on display. She flashes those 32s and some other unflattering facials in her “Get Up Off of That Thing” number. Nigel said the routine was sort of old school locking, and her facial expressions were not flattering. I agree. Bonnie said just wasn’t excited – but Pamela had a rebuttal. Locking is universal, and maybe Nigel should study it. Nigel says he is aware of it, it was like university cheerleading a while ago, Toni Basil did it in a video. Pamela agrees (okay, so Nigel knows what locking is, Pamela). Yet, Pamela insists she did it well and he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, despite the fact that he said she did it well, and he knows what it is, he just didn’t like it! Pamela dismisses the attempts to clarify with a thank you, accompanied by a kiss to her tush.  

Now, for the choreography section, Musa and Brandon are struggling a bit. So is Mandi. Her tears of nervousness have come back, and she’s not sure she can continue. She is so distraught a paramedic is summoned! Sarah Popp, belly dancer, tells us she is out of her league, and leaves the competition on her own. Sadly, so does Mandi. Twenty-five more cuts are made, Lauren says.  

Brandon made it past the individual choreography, as has Anthony. While Anthony can’t seem to quit drifting away from his partner, Brandon is flourishing with his. Kamelah continues to look like a pro!  

Time for the decisions. Nigel says he is worried Kamelah may turn into a diva. Kamelah says she is a very humble person. Nigel invites her to Hollywood. Kamelah is happy, but you sense she is not surprised. She kisses all of the judges and dashes away to collapse in the lounge.  

Now, Brandon. Bonnie said he had ups and downs all day, but he was fighting. The choreography section was a struggle, but his partner work was good. Brandon says he’s never worked with a partner before. Nigel said he was outdanced by a number of people, but he is unique. And… they want unique people. Brandon is going to Hollywood!

Melissa Vella’s turn. Nigel says good news and bad news. The bad news is she won’t be going to Beijing, she’s going to Hollywood!  

Anthony tells us he feels he is among the best of the day. He’s studied at Julliard, after all. But, he knows talent isn’t all that’s going to get him through the door. Nigel says Anthony is technically one of the best males they’ve seen in New York. Bonnie agrees, but thinks Anthony comes across as shy. So, while he is technically brilliant, there wasn’t much personality. Nigel says that’s the good news, bad news, no Hollywood. Anthony is clearly surprised. Nigel clarifies that he needs strong masculine dancing from the males, and the ribbon made him nervous, and Anthony never quelled that nervousness. Now, Anthony is offended, and I don’t blame him. Anthony says if they wanted more masculine dancing, why didn’t they say so (not the tack I would have chosen)? Nigel of course pounces on this silly argument, reminding Anthony that he danced with a partner, who was female, which did Anthony think they wanted to be masculine? Anthony says him, and he was. Nigel says that’s his opinion. Anthony says they need to review the tapes and thanks them, definitely steamed.  

For the record, I am with Anthony on this one. Yeah, the ribbon was a bit much, but he did it well. As for asking a ballet dancer to be more masculine – ballet is about expression of the body, it’s not about gender. Males and females have specific roles in the dance, but the criticism of masculinity or a lack of it, in that context is pretty dumb. Considering how technically strong Anthony is, the training he’s had, I say they should have given the critique, but advanced him anyway. Don’t worry Anthony, you’ll be dancing all over the world, show or no show.

Ashley Dawson, who has been the picture of strong silent confidence throughout, is told she interprets music very well, and that will come in handy when she is Hollywood! Ashley bursts into tears. Even the strong soldiers have emotions.  

Eleven dancers advance from New York in total. On to Chicago!

John Besser spends more time talking about his rap CD than his dancing. He’s challenged to an impromptu rap battle and is creamed. Should have stuck to the dancing. Now, he’s on stage in front of Nigel, who is flying solo on this leg. Nigel looks like he needs a hug. Now we know why John never talked about his dancing. Nothing to say.  

John’s rap nemesis, Nigel Hope, takes his shot. He’s an impressive break dancer, his head spins are amazing (and he has a huge callous on top of his head for efforts!). Lauren says Johnny B just got served. Word. Nigel is moving on!

Maricza Valentin is a dance teacher, her studio cost her her marriage. She feels better off. Her whole dance class, all six of them, dance very well, and they are all into the next round!  

Chris Jackson. Oh god, Chris Jackson. He did Cossack moves, he dealt cards, did a dead worm, and various and sundry ill-advised dance moves all summing up to a steaming pile of dung. Nigel hid his face.  

Ashley Pearl, all six feet of her, did some impressive Irish dancing. Nigel isn’t sure how she’ll fare later, but he puts her through to the next round.

Andrea Savelli works 90 hours a week, but somewhere in all that she learned to dance. Nigel was bothered that she didn’t smile once through her routine (Andrea says sexy girls don’t smile), but he does invite her to the next round.  

We get a montage of pairs acts. One featured a guy de-shirting and being dowsed with water for some reason. Nigel was not amused. Zach Clark and Preston Dinwiddie did a pop and lock as statues. Nigel wasn’t entirely sold on the dancing (in fact, he says if he were a pigeon, he’d show them what he thought!), but he offers them a chance to show what they can do later on. They advance!  

Chris Corres has a baby on the way, and wife who is pledging to support his dream. Chris does an interesting bit of modern dance with some popping elements. Nigel closes his eyes for a moment, and decides that Chris is showing more promise than delivery, but Nigel is willing to bank on the promise and sends Chris to the next round.  

John Quincy Vereem does some gravity-defying break dancing, the judges seem to like him. Nicholas Gates gave a heart-thumping ending, judges seemed to like him too. Lauren says the b-boys are through, but will they survive the next round?

Lisa Deschaaf made it to Hollywood on American Idol last year, and she’s hoping she can do the same on So You Think You Can Dance, but she seems to be trying very hard to blow it. Nigel asks what does; she sings that she sings! And tacks on “and dance” like an afterthought. What would she rather do? Whatever you want me to be. Oh man. Nigel looks concerned already. She dances fairly well. Nigel comments that she’s 29, but dancers like an 18-19 year old. Not a compliment, he clarifies. He expected more sophistication. Lisa says she can give him that, if he gives her a chance. He does. In her interview segment, Lisa already tells us she is jettisoning that feedback.  

Eugene Gaskin likes karaoke, and even if he is big, he just wants to entertain. I smell disaster. Yes, that is disaster I smell. Eugene looks like he’s making it up as it goes, and he’s not thinking clearly. He does one knee positions he can barely get up from. It’s just horrible. Nigel stands as much as he can and calls it off. “Not on this show, dude” is the critique. Eugene takes it like champion, saying they are missing out, but thanks them graciously. Eugene says it won’t stop him; it’s just another no.

Now for the choreography segment. Two hundred fifty graduated to this round, and 200 were cut. That is a massacre!

In the partner segment, Ashley and Lisa do very well. Nigel Hope is out of his element and it shows, and Maricza is wiping the floor with him! John Quincy Vereem seems to be doing well. Chris Corres and Andrea Savelli are paired. She’s still not smiling. Nicholas Gates looks completely in synch with his partner.  

Nigel is cut immediately. No need for deliberation with him. Nigel still has his ego at least. Maybe he could dance better with it.  

Speaking of deliberations, it’s time for the decisions.  

Maricza Valentin is first. Nigel says she excelled at the partner work, but how does she think she did in the individual choreography. She admits it was challenge. Nigel says the break up of the marriage will probably feel worth it when she’s in Hollywood! She made it!

Now, Irish dancer Ashley Pearl. Nigel says she was not one of the Top 25 dancers they saw, and she admits she knows she has a lot of work to do. Nigel says she’ll have to explain that they are casting a show and she’s on it, she’s going to Hollywood! (I can hear the grumbling now… even from me.)

Chris Corres seems to have just realized that he may miss the birth of his baby and his business may suffer if he goes to Hollywood. Fine time to remember! He gets his verdict. He won’t have to worry about all that, he won’t be going to Hollywood. Too bad, I liked him.  

Non-smiling Sexy Girl Andrea Scavelli says she is ready to hear the decision. Nigel tells her she was not among the strongest dancers, but she has a personality that shines when she does. She is going to Hollywood! She offers a hug, which he rejects.  

Nicholas Gates, Mr HeartThumper is next. Nigel asks if he has studied other dance forms. Nicholas says he has. Nigel says he is going to Hollywood, and Nicholas almost collapses!  

Lisa Deschaaf is hoping for another trip to Hollywood. Nigel says he doesn’t like the sort of desperation that says ‘I don’t care what I do as long as I’m famous’ because it threatens focus. But, he thinks Lisa did focus after their talk. She’s going to Hollywood! I’m shocked.  

That does it for Chicago, and this episode. Next week, Los Angeles shows its best!

IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 2:49pm »

I got to see the last hour of the show and I thought it was pretty good.  My b/f was really impressed, Im thinking its going to be one of our must see shows.
IP Logged
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 11:08pm »

if only guys my age could dance Sad
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 12:02am »

awww red, I cant dance either and if it makes you feel better my b/f is terrible dancer, we are quite the pair when we go out lol.
IP Logged
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 9:33am »

I love dancing - but have yet to find a partner. Guys here just dont know how.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 4:29am »

Still haven't watched this show.  
Even forgot to tape it this week.   Shocked

So You Think You Can Dance, July 27: Pairs and Pants  
by Sting7 -- 07/28/2005  
RNO

Just one city left to find the 25 best male and female dancers in America. Los Angeles! L.A. shows it is as diverse with dancing talent as it is with cultures. Included are Richie, Ryan, and Hokuto (right, l-r), who dance all over California with their hip-hop dance group. But can they all make the cut with the tough show producers?  

The lovely Lauren Sanchez welcomes us again to So You Think You Can Dance. A quick revisit to the rules; producers Bonnie Lythgoe, Jeff Thacker, and American Idol’s head honcho, Nigel Lythgoe will select the top 25 male and top 25 female dancers to be invited to Hollywood. Then, eight boys and eight girls will continue in the competition and be asked to perform anything from the Charleston to Breakdance! The winner will get a fantastic New York apartment for a year and $100,000 in cash.  

Kicking off the Los Angeles leg of the auditions, Ayisha Burks does some crop dancing, but I don’t know if it was good or not. It looked like glorified shuffling. The producers don’t either, and send Ayisha with her big smile on her way.  

Gregory Dinglesen decides to take on some one-man cha-cha. Gregory’s big Disney-sized brown eyes aren’t enough to impress the producers. Nigel thinks it was scary. Bad sign.  

Beautiful Michelle Brooke does a graceful modern dance. Nigel stops her early. He’s seen enough. Bonnie thinks she has everything it takes, Michelle is moving on!

Richard Greenfield dances with a hip-hop combo at home, two of which are auditioning as well. It’s clear he’s been dancing a lot! Richie does a nifty run-up-the-wall-somersault, and the judges are thrilled. Nigel is not sure what will happen when Richie has a partner, but he is moving on!  

Richie’s mates Ryan Conferido (who has really cool Yu-Gi-Oh! Hair) and Hokuto Konishi do some fantastic breakdancing with some amazing contortions! Brilliant stuff, but can they do anything else? What will the producers say? Nigel tells first Ryan that he did some things he’d never seen before. Moving on! Hok gets similar news; Nigel loved the humor and the isolation of his dance. Moving on!  

Next, Artem Chigvintsev and his wife Giselle Peacock do a sizzling bit of Latin dance (to super-sexy “Dontcha” by the Pussycats) and Nigel thinks they both represent their halves of the dance exceptionally well. He hopes they inspire the other dancers in the partners section. Sounds like they are moving on!  

Kid Illusion is defying gravity at every turn with some magic tricks. Okay, the dancing kind of works and he messes up some of his magic, and he does look curiously like Ted Allen from Queer Eye, but why quibble? Nigel wants to quibble. “You didn’t even give us the illusion that you can dance!” Ouch. Then Nigel checks his ID. “Kid” is 31 (the age limit is 30). Nigel is not pleased. Kid says his dream came true; he got to audition and have fun. Nigel politely, but firmly, thanks him for taking the time.

Andre Meggerson comes with roller disco! He’s got a ton of personality, it’s hard to keep from being entertained. Nigel was entertained, Andre is moving to the next round.

Snejana “Snow” Urban is a striking lass from Siberia who was literally born on a stage in her native country! She does her variation of latin dance with sexy fluidity. The producers love her. She’s easily on to the next round!

Justin Johnson and a few others do some street dancing with interesting titles, but it doesn’t seem to impress the producers.  

Erin McKinnon knows her classical ballet routine is a break from the street dancers. She’s got impressive posture. Nigel hopes she brought other shoes, because she’ll need them in the next round!  

Geronimo “Nimo” Nunez, with a brash outfit, does an impressive mix of Spanish and Arabian dancing that leaves Bonnie flush! Nigel says it would make his life easier if Timo stuck around for the next round. Bonnie’s answer is all giggles. Easy, Bonnie!

Only 58 dancers advance, so few that the solo choreography segment of the competition is tossed! Right to the partners! Once again, doing a hip-hop influenced bit of modern dance to Black Eye Peas’ “Hey Mama,” we see Richie is partnered with Snow and Hok is partnered with Michelle Brooke. Lucky him! Maybe not, both Richie and Hok are cut! Neither are sure what happened, but they are good-natured about it.  

Now, their remaining buddy, Yugi, er, Ryan is paired with Giselle. Michelle is paired with Giselle’s husband, Artem. Roller Boogie Andre is doing very well with his partner, as is classical ballet’s Erin with her partner.  

Ryan tells us he likes partner dancing, he’s done it quite a bit, but Giselle is so good, he was a bit intimidated! But now it’s time for the producers to make the decisions.

First, Andre sans skates. Nigel thinks Andre was a risk and he exceeded expectations. But they do want the Top 25 males in America. Bonnie says she is so glad Andre is advancing because she really wanted him to do well – Nigel reminds her that he hadn’t actually told Andre that yet. Oops! It all confuses Andre a bit, who can’t believe he heard what he heard. Such a genuine reaction, you have to cheer for the guy!

It was good news for Andre, but Nigel gives a lot of bad news, before Ryan… Ryan admits to Nigel that his parents don’t like that he dances. Nigel thinks it’s too bad they feel that way, maybe they will change their mind when he goes to the next round!  

Andre tears up when he calls his mother, who is squealing for joy.

Now, Giselle and Artem. It’s a 50/50 split, Artem is moving on, Giselle is not. She is amazing; I don’t know what the producers are thinking here. Artem tells Lauren that is was their biggest nightmare. Giselle is trying to be a sport.  

Day two brings us Chae Hill, who does some impressive dancing on stilts. Nigel is amused but admits he doesn’t know what to do with what he saw. Chae promises he is a trained dancer. Nigel puts him through to the next round, if Chae promises never to pull out the stilts again.  

Next some amazing African acrobats, but again, what do you do with that? Worse yet, Nigel recognizes one of them from a group he worked with in the ‘70s. Too old. By far!  

Nick McGough from Las Vegas does some accomplished twirling and some so-so modern dance, and big splat on his tumbling. Bonnie says yes. Nigel is worried about the fey wardrobe, but Nick is a strong dancer, so he’s through.  

Krystal Grillard dances on her toes, but is devoid of any grace at all. Nigel finds it sadly lacking. It was not even okay, he says. Krystal is krushed.  

Allen Frias, also known as Big Poppa, is electric on stage, belly and all. Bonnie is visibly enjoying herself. Nigel says he’s a big star, he’s definitely moving on!  

Best friends Nick Lazzarini and Melody Lacayanga moved to L.A. together and are taking their shots. First, Melody, who shows devastating muscle control and fluidity in her modern dance. All three producers put her through enthusiastically.  

Next, Nick does a dazzling ballet-influenced modern dance. The crowd loves him. Nigel does too, and says Nick is a better dancer at 20 then Nigel ever was in his whole career! He’s hoping Nick goes a long way! Wow!

Rodrigo Guzman and Yesenia Adame are more than friends, and they are sizzling up my television screen with their Latin dance. They are moving on as well.  

Sandra Colton, with her poofy hair with its own personality (her words), does a snazzy tap routine. Nigel loves it, she’s moving on.  

Blake McGrath is an aspiring dancer and choreographer who shows some originality and strength in his modern routine. He’s gonna be a female favorite. The judges are effusive with praise. Bonnie says it was a privilege to watch him! He’s on.

Next, The Freak Show – that’s what they call themselves – say they live the dance, the whole b-boi lifestyle, and they don’t care what the Haters have to say. Word. There are six of them, the first four being complimented on their tricks, but lacking in showmanship. Next, Geovanny Martinez is showing plenty of personality doing all kinds of things with crossed legs. Nigel takes him through to the next round. Jeff wonders what would be left without the tricks. We shall see, Geovanny is moving on.  

Finally, the ominous Darkside takes his turn. Darkside is certainly selling the dance, with some impressive break moves. At one point he tosses off the spin cap and jumps, landing on his head. Bonnie gets the heebies just watching that! (Me too!) Nigel thinks he’s like a wild animal stalking the stage, he’s interesting and moving on. Darkside says he made it… and his head hurts. Word!  

Time for solo choreography. Carrie Ann Inaba gives them brief instruction on a mambo routine. If the dancers struggle, they are out. Best bud Melody and tap-dancing Sandra breeze through with no problem. With the boys, Chae and Big Poppa seem comfortable as well. In the next set, Nick McGough of the fey wardrobe (he bought another outfit for this segment) and best bud Nick Lazzirini are grouped with Geovanny and Darkside. The Nicks do very well and move on to the next round. Geovanny and Darkside have more to prove.  

Geovanny and Darkside do the routine alone, and seem to know that they are cooked. Nigel politely tells them they aren’t moving on, but thanks them for taking the time to actually perform.  

In the partners segment, Lauren tells us everyone was good, the question is, who was best. Best friends Melody and Nick have no problem with different partners, but what about Rodrigo and Yesenia? Can they gel with someone else?  

We’re about to find out. It’s time for the producers’ decisions.  

Blake McGrath is first. Nigel says he is a tremendous dancer. But he has to remember not take himself too seriously. He’s moving on.  

Then a bunch of no’s. What about Big Poppa? Bonnie says he should be proud, but he didn’t always pick things up as fast as he should. However, he has great personality. Nigel asks if he thought he would get this far. Big Poppa says no. Nigel says he’ll be more surprised, he’s going on to Hollywood! Allen is thrilled!  

Rodrigo and Yesenia are next. Nigel asks what happens if they are split? They say they would continue. Nigel says good, Yesenia is through and Rodrigo is not.  

Nick McGough gets the news. He says uncles and cousins used to tease him for being a dancer. They may be proud to know he’s made it to the 25!  

Best bud Melody is on deck. Nigel says the decision is so subjective. Hope she understands that when she hears the decision. Melody gulps. But she is through!  

Now, time for Melody’s buddy Nick Lazzarini. Nigel doesn’t bother to toy with him, he says Nick is one of the best. He’s definitely in the Top 25.  

Nigel tells Sandra Colton that there were better dancers, but they didn’t have her personality. Sandra is going to Hollywood! We learn that stilt-dancer Chae Hill moves on too!  

Next week: the dancers get pounded by the choreographers!

IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 9:51pm »

Last night was a good show, man some of the street dancers were a amazing, just to bad that they bombed in level two.  I like the system that they had for the autions, it really showed if a person could be versatile.  Cant wait for next weeks show. I seen some of the clips, looks like it will be good.
IP Logged
Dixie
ForumsNet Member

Vizsla Lover

View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 8:46am »

So far, I am loving this show.  Some of these people are truly amazing.  I also like that they don't focus too much on the awful dancers.
IP Logged

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Aug 11th, 2005, 10:19am »

Last night's show was pretty good, Im pretty happy with all that got though to the top 16.  I was a little worried tho for Blake McGrath he seemed so shocked when he found out that they heard all the tapes and was seen bad mouthing the hip hop instructor, he is so lucky to have gone on.  But he is a good dancer.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Aug 17th, 2005, 10:34pm »

WOOOO HOOO the show is heating up.  It was so good tonight.  Man can those ppl dance.  I was amazed at the fact that even tho the style of dance they had to do with there partner was not there own they did it (well some of them did).   I cant wait to see who moves on.  I want to see Artem Chigvintsev and Snow stay for sure.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Aug 17th, 2005, 11:50pm »

Yes, Colleen, the show gets better each week.  
A person with rhythm can do just about any dance.  
We love it!  And I would like to see Snow go, and  
possibly the partner she had tonight.

Looking forward to next week!  I love music Tongue
IP Logged

Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 12:09am »

Really you wanna see snow go, I love her dancing.  I hope she makes it.  Her partner was Allen (big papa).  I was disapointed with his dancing.  But we will see next week what happens.

I cant wait for next week either.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Sep 7th, 2005, 10:45pm »

So two more ppl got voted off.  I wasnt surprised to see that it was Snow and Allen.  I found that Snow just couldnt break away from her stlye, whenever she did her solo routine it always seemed the same.  As for Allen, even when he did hip hop his kinda dance, he didnt do well.  So Im happy with the results.

As for the couple dancing tongiht, they all did very well.  I really love to watch Blake and his partner (cant remember her name).  I hope they get lucky and pick eachothers name everytime.  All the groups did pretty well.

I think Ryan ( the one who dances on his head and his partner) should go home.  They did well but just didnt cut it.

Overall great show tonight, cant wait for next week...
IP Logged
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Sep 8th, 2005, 10:26am »

A couple of Filipinos are in this competition, one was eliminated first. haha. Cool
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
Ashley
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Sep 9th, 2005, 1:37pm »

I couldnt watch it Sad  so snow and allen got eliminatedHuh
IP Logged

THE AMAZING RACE STARTS TONIGHT! Romber FTW
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: Sep 21st, 2005, 9:41pm »

The show is getting better and better.  Now Im really sad, I want to see all of them in the final 4.  They are all so good.  Tonight ppl are calling for there top 4, next week is the final show before the results, cant wait.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 9:24pm »

Is anyone watching this show anymore?  The finale was tonight, only four left.  America will vote tonight and we will see who the big winner is.  The remaining contestants are Nick, ashley, Melody and Jamile.  I think Melody is going to take it home but I want to see Ashely win.  We will see next week  Wink
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Sep 28th, 2005, 10:40pm »

We haven't missed it!  Overall, we like Nick,  
for he is the most versatile!  We think all 4 are  
good and wish all of them much success.
IP Logged

Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Sep 29th, 2005, 11:09pm »

I think Ashley is the most versatile, she can dance to anything.  I loved watching her dance with Blake.  By the way I was really upset to see Blake go.
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 9:33am »

Luci, did you watch the last show last night?  I wanst able to see it.  When I put it on to watch it another show was on.  It said "so you think you can dance"  but it was actually "close to home" (which by the way was a good show).  So I have no idea if I missed it or if there was a program problem and its just going to be shown nedxt week  Huh
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 9:43am »

Colleen, I've double checked the TV schedule  
for tonight and it's on at 7:00 P.M., CST on Fox.

I didn't think we had missed it, for I read the  
schedule showing tonight yesterday.
After spending this much time watching  
every week, why miss the finale, right?
IP Logged

Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Oct 5th, 2005, 10:22am »

Ok great, thanks.  Thats right it is normally on Wednesday nights.  I was so upset last night we thought we missed it.  How odd for the t.v to have it listed for last night.
IP Logged
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 7:15am »

Can u tell me who won? I was too busy watching HOCKEY!!!!
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 10:42am »

Nick Cool  Our pick, we thought he was the best choice Cool

The other 3 should do well, for they're all great dancers!

Melody was runner-up.
Jamil third place.
Ashley in fourth.
We wanted Ashley to be in 2nd place!
IP Logged

Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 6:32pm »

I just watched the show, I had to tape it last night.  Great ending to a great show.  Im very happy for Nick.  Im sure all the dancers from the top 16 will get more jobs just becuse of the exposer that they got from this show.
IP Logged
djomarc11
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #40 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 11:12pm »

awww... but here in the philippines  the show just started.. and from here i just discoverd who won!!
IP Logged
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 12:15pm »

Oh no, sry djomarc11.  That really sucks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.