Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:33am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Rock Star »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Rock Star
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rock Star  (Read 792 times)
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

Rock Star
« on: Oct 20th, 2005, 7:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just heard that the next installment of the Rock Star reality show will be....Rock Star Van Halen

Should be interesting to see if this is true!
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Rock Star
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 6:25pm »

on Oct 20th, 2005, 7:43am, Red wrote:
I just heard that the next installment of the Rock Star reality show will be....Rock Star Van Halen

Should be interesting to see if this is true!

Where's your source for that?

Personally, I'm not a fan of Van Halen.  I liked INXS songs way better.
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 6:46pm »

I've never heard of them.  Lips Sealed  

I'd still watch the show though...
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
ninjagirl
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 3:05pm »

Whoever they get for the new Rock Star, I hope they don't have any more Marty's.  Mitch: www.ditty-o.com could have taught him a thing or two, hehe. Wink
IP Logged
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2005, 11:38pm »

it was on the radio here on the day that I posted...the dj's on that particular morning show are reality obsessed (check out the website http://www.96x.ca/cgi-bin/display?category=morningshow to see tons of interviews with past contestants)...Notice I did put a disclaimer on the end that it should be interesting if its true...not that I knew it for sure!
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 22nd, 2005, 6:52pm »

Very cool link Red.

However, I found out though Van Halen will not be on Rock Star.  I got the info from reality blurred.  

Quote:
Never mind: Van Halen is not the band that will be part of the hypothetical second season of CBS’ Rock Star. Despite what MTV.com reported two days ago, the group says it has nothing to do with the series, and MTV has both deleted and now retracted the original story.

MTV.com sets the record straight today:

“MTV News erroneously reported Wednesday that a source close to the program claimed that if “Rock Star” does return for a second season, that the core Van Halen trio — Michael Anthony and brothers Alex and Eddie Van Halen — would be the band auditioning potential singers. The band flatly denies any involvement in the show.”

The retraction also corrects the record about a conversation with the band’s spokesperson:

“MTV News had also previously reported that a spokesperson for Van Halen said the band had no comment regarding pending projects. However, that spokesperson was never asked specific questions regarding the group’s hypothetical involvement with the “Rock Star” show; MTV News regrets the oversight.”

Van Halen Will Not Be The Next ‘Rock Star’ Band [MTV]
IP Logged
Elsa
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 8:27pm »

Thank God !

I loved loved loved Rock Star (reallly ! I don't know how I'm going to watch American Idol now that I've seen a talent show as good as Rock Star), but I'm not a fan of Van Halen...  

I wonder who the next group could be.... Any ideas people ? Which band needs a singer ?
IP Logged
Red
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

untamed_red  
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 8:37pm »

no prob - i just report what I hear...right or wrong
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:25pm »

Seriously, the talent on Rock Star far surpasses the fakeness of the American Idol competition and their faux singers.  They got true, tried and tested legitimate Rock Stars who haven't made it big yet, but that is what made this show really good was the raw talent.

Anyways, Pretty Vegas reached #37 on the top 100.  That is the highest any single of INXS's has debuted.  That's saying something, aint it.

IP Logged
ninjagirl
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 11:37am »

I'll agree that most of the contestants were really really talented, but a few just rubbed me the wrong way.  Plus, I was really sad when Ty got eliminated, he's amazing.  And, as previously stated, I couldn't stand Marty.  I'm worried it'll be impossible to repeat the show though, who will they get for the band?
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 4:46pm »

The Pretty Vegas video can be seen on VH1.com online, currently #4 on the charts.  It's a really good video.  I like it.  A mix of performance, JD walking as well as driving a car with the mates in a desert.  It's a pretty visual video.  Love the video.  And the song is changed up a bit from Rock Star and is still very good!

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/inxs/artist.jhtml

You can also download the video onto your hard drive which I think is better because you can see it full-screen unlike the small window for the VH1 stream.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A17VIKHV
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.