Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 10:09am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « American Inventor »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Reality Television Shows
   Other Reality Shows
(Moderators: Heather, Isle_be_back)
   American Inventor
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: American Inventor  (Read 546 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

American Inventor
« on: Mar 16th, 2006, 12:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone else watch this tonight?  I actually found it quite interesting... may be fun to actually see who wins this one... some of the inventions were quite good, others made me wonder what they were thinking.. LOL
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: American Inventor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 2:57pm »

This show was pretty good.  I like how the judges kept on referring to the guy's wand as a stick, and that sand shovel that guy invented and he spent $20 000 on it already.  Shocked

What about the guy with the designer cars, and he put paper designs over toy cars, hahaha.

Or that very first guy - Count Dracula, that's something to talk about.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2006, 9:18am »

I missed the first thiry mins.. didn't realize it was on... I did see the guy with the "stick/wand" on the adverts... "Is your invention a stick?".. "No, it's a wand".. roflmao!!

The guy with the "cleaner/lotion on a toilet tissue holder" idea... as crazy as it sounds, I know people who would buy that thing!  The creepiest was that lady with the "tantrum tube" thing.. put those kids in that tube and let them bang into each other... I agree with the guy who was worried about the kids.. I can see letting them vent and get their frustration out.. but putting them in that tube thing was a bit creepy!!
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Bumper
ForumsNet Member
USA 

A Virginia Member of  the RED SOX Nation

mrbumper2003  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18th, 2006, 2:47am »

It's been a long time since I have actually looked forward to a commercial break during a TV show.

Personally, I didn't enjoy the show,  too contrived, too dumb.  

Next time this show comes on, I'm going to look for some rerun, an infomercial, or ANYTHING  on another channel to watch.   Wink

IP Logged

If U R reading these old posts, know that we were once a great, active cyber-community, but as in all things..Time moves on. This is now a Ghost Town.
indigoivy
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 29th, 2006, 12:46pm »

Did anyone catch the finale of this? I missed it, but I know the car seat inventor who lost his daughter in an accident won. I'm glad - he was really one of the only ones who caught my attention because he created something worthwhile and potentially life-saving. I don't consider some of those things people tried to pass off as "inventions" very inspiring - an adult stress toy? Some kind of zip-on jacket that allows you to use the bathroom in public without anyone noticing? (Gee, I'd think the giant plastic head-to-toe contraption you're wearing would be a clue that something isn't right there!) Truly cringeworthy.

I'm sure Simon Cowell is pleased, too!
IP Logged
Jeff
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Get down tonight ;)

jjh295   hane295
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 10:38am »

The "I'm doing this for all the children and if I win, we all win" guy really annoyed me. I was rooting against him hardcore. I am an actor and while I don't pretend to be the best actor around, I know an act when I see it. That guy was a bad actor. He was a fake and I don't like or root for people who try to pass off falsehoods like that.

He should get some lessons before trying to make the leap to tv acting next time. Either that, or be real with the audience.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.