Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2024, 8:59pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Are they going to PHILIPPINES?? anyone knows? »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race Gossip, News & Recaps
(Moderators: JP, Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Are they going to PHILIPPINES?? anyone knows?
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Are they going to PHILIPPINES?? anyone knows?  (Read 2802 times)
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Are they going to PHILIPPINES?? anyone knows?
« Reply #15 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 12:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

well, what i can say to what happened yesterday is merely a mutiny among soldiers that just so happened in a commercial center.  they didn't posed any security threat to us... and as we see, everything is back to normal... Grin
IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
darnchts
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Friends are God's Way of Taking Care of Us.

ask+me
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 5:56am »

Well said Pau!!   I just want to say that I totally agree..terrorist threats are everywhere. If we all started worrying everytime the US put our terror alert up, we wouldn't bother living anymore. Terrorists are going to strike when they want and where they want...ultimately it is in God's hands to keep everyone safe.  

Pau I would love to visit your country one day. I have always wanted to travel to all the different countries of the world and see how much different each of them are. I know from working through the years with people from a lot of different countries that for the most part..it is always the same. You have your good people of a country and you have your bad people. Luckily I'm usually good about finding the good people.   Wink
IP Logged

Friends are like pillars on your porch.
Sometimes they hold you up
and sometimes they lean on you.
Tsutroi
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 8:07am »

Uh...hate to beat the dead horse but looks like they censor a lot of information within Philippines which I am not surprised but...the ambassador of Australia was held hostage...oh boy, just FYI.

I don't have a misconeption about the Philippines, I know many Filipinos.  And I do wish visit there someday.  If I offend anyone, I apologize, I was merely stating facts and according to Canadian Foreign Ministry, Philippines is unsafe to travel at this time.  This is an official travel warning.  Anyhow, I am out of this discussion.
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 11:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the info Cool
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 7:03pm »

FYI.

the Australian government is once again over-reacting with this matter.  to correct, the Australian ambassador was not held hostage.  he was just merely in a wrong place at a wrong time.  the soldiers weren't aware that an ambassador was in the building.  and in an interview with a guest of the building, she states that they were all ok and the soldiers were treating them well and they were not held hostage.  the soldiers were just making sure that the guests of the building get out of the building in an orderly and safe manner that is why they weren't released at once.  even if you happen to see videos of guests going out of the building, most of them were calm.

it saddens me that Australia, Canada, US, Japan always quickly bans travel to our country even with this confined situations.  they treat our country as if there is war in it. its very unfair for us. Embarassed

i'll be very glad to have you guys visit our country one day. Grin
IP Logged

Eva

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 11:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

els...I'm an "Amazing Race" fan and just came across this message board.  This is my 1st post.   Cheesy

I have always hoped they race the Philippines. I wish the race would go to the Philippines b/c it is such a beautiful country with beautiful people.

I am 1/2 Filipino and living in NY.  I have been there ---particularly Cebu and Leyte many times.  
I absolutely LOVE it there.  The only places I have been warned against is Mindano or the Muslim areas. Of course one always has to be cautious when travelling abroad but I never felt unsafe visiting there.
I was going to go back this summer but unfortunately plans fell though.  I am hoping for Christmas though.
My cousins from Florida are in Cebu now and loving it.

Ok, that's all, lol.  

-;-eva-;-
IP Logged
Rachel
ForumsNet Member
USA 

"Be that which you expect others to be."

ae_rachel  
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29th, 2003, 12:14am »

Welcome Eva! Hope you choose to join the board!
IP Logged

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrafice the gift." -Steve Prefontaine
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29th, 2003, 12:29am »

welcome eva and thanks for your insight!... also we hope you join us in the board as a member... Cheesy

and hope you get a great stay here when you visit by Christmas... by the way.. Christmas season starts here very early.. as early as the BER months (September)... Christmas decorations will be up by late October or early November... and Christmas sales would be rampant by then... Grin  

I also hope your cousins have a greater time as they are having now... Cebu is great...Cheesy
IP Logged

triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Jul 29th, 2003, 7:31am »

do you think we should get together for a cup of coffee sometime?
... just a thought.
IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 29th, 2003, 6:57pm »

on Jul 29th, 2003, 7:31am, triggerr20 wrote:
do you think we should get together for a cup of coffee sometime?
... just a thought.

asking me?...
why not... i'm in makati...Grin  
boy... could we invite the others.. hehehhe Grin
IP Logged

triggerr20
ForumsNet Member

R&C i lyk

triggerr20  
View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Aug 1st, 2003, 4:54am »

yeah that would be great.  we could probably do it after the race so we all have a lot more to talk about. I sure hope R&C wins.
IP Logged
Nancy_drew
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Aug 16th, 2003, 12:45pm »

Hi Guys!
How exciting to have found this. Anyway, I like most people here, I am looking forward to the day TAR travels to the Philippines.
I am a filipina who grew up in Australia and everytime TAR does an Aussie leg, I get goosebumps from seeing the place and the people, and how the racers interact with such.
I cannot wait to get the same feeling when they feature the Philippines.  That place really is beautiful and has some of the most hospitable people.
I lived in Manila for several years, after Sydney and prior to DC (where I am now!) and I am confident enough to continue to encourage people to see the country, despite all the negative publicity.  
Like with any other country or city, a traveller must be vigilant about one's surroundings, especially when they are not familiar with it. As long as you keep that in mind, the country really is a great Find and one major experience!
Act complacent, and yes you will be eaten up!

I cannot wait for TAR to maybe feature a Roadblock or a Detour in one of the Shoemart Stores during the Christmas season!!!

More of TAR please!
IP Logged
jhae
ForumsNet Member

World Peace!

Jules  
View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Aug 16th, 2003, 3:09pm »

hi there!  
it's a good thing that u bought a topic like this. many filipino's are watching TAR and most of us wishing that hopefully, visit us.  Wink they can make 2 pitstops here. one in manila (main city) and in el nido, palawan.  
for sure the participants will love this place...  Smiley

IP Logged
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 17th, 2003, 8:14pm »

yup yup yup... they would very very much like this place... and could find different obstacles here...Grin  yup... Manila and Palawan are great places here...

They could have a ride with our main public transport the jeepney and traverse the uneven roads of Manila.. or visit the lush forests and see the wild life and the indiginous tribes... Grin

well.. before that happens, i wish they could make a 5th installment for this show...Grin
IP Logged

jhae
ForumsNet Member

World Peace!

Jules  
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Aug 20th, 2003, 5:19pm »

on Aug 17th, 2003, 8:14pm, pau_p1 wrote:
yup yup yup... they would very very much like this place... and could find different obstacles here...Grin  yup... Manila and Palawan are great places here...

They could have a ride with our main public transport the jeepney and traverse the uneven roads of Manila.. or visit the lush forests and see the wild life and the indiginous tribes... Grin

well.. before that happens, i wish they could make a 5th installment for this show...Grin

exactly... Cool
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.