Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 12:23pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « A comment on Episode 7 (there are points here with »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race Gossip, News & Recaps
(Moderators: JP, Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   A comment on Episode 7 (there are points here with
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A comment on Episode 7 (there are points here with  (Read 910 times)
bluewisdom
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

A comment on Episode 7 (there are points here with
« on: Aug 19th, 2004, 12:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have to admit, Charla and Mirna are by far one of the most clever teams in the race, but also they are regarded as the "bitchiest" team of all.  

Episode 7 practically shocked me with their behavior. Imagine Mirna practically telling the ticket agent not to give the other teams those tickets that land to Tanzania earlier than the Swiss Air flight. I mean they were stupid at that point as well. The ticket agent would have sold the tickets to the other teams as well since I think it's an airport rule not to hold back tickets to passengers unless for emergency cases.

Mirna's reason doesnt seem an emergency at all since she has this vendetta against Colin's camp. She would risk everything just to gain an advantage to the scheming Colin and Christie. But one bad thing about Colin and Christie is when Christie blocked the airport entrance. That was a childish act to do. No wonder Phil mentioned that as "getting physical".

With probably a few minutes difference, Charla and Mirna lost to Kami and Karli in eating the scrambled ostrich egg. But they did left most teams good and bad memories.

Charla did prove that her size wasnt an hindrance into doing anything. Imagine getting to as far as leg 7, that was really great. Mirna, on the other hand, hmmm what should I say about her? She's definitely a scheming, rude bitch, but with great fighting spirit. I admit I also liked that team.

Now theyre gone, and its up to 5 more teams to race for the million dollars.
IP Logged
nina
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

bloody hell!

nina_n22  
View Profile

Re: A comment on Episode 7 (there are points here
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 4:14am »

they're clever alright but to the point of really being to bitchy and aggressive that it's so annoying!
IP Logged

life's a bitch and then we die
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 9:40am »

No, I don't find them annoying at all.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
david

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 9:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I dont see it either
IP Logged
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

burnedbutbest   sweetmisery+99
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:14pm »

Well what my bro and I dont like in their actions during that airport incident is that they are rubbing it on the other teams' face that they got the ticket, they dance around and stuffs. Now Im not one to side with Colin and Christy totally but I dont think its wise nor nice to celebrate for a win at the battle, especially if you arent sure of the war. Look what happened in the end.

And what is sad is that Mirna let Charla do all the stuffs, like eating the egg, when for sure, her size would hinder her at eating challenges. It makes me think if Mirna is that pathetic or is that all for publicity for all the midgets...
IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

Psycho Pericles
ForumsNet Member
USA 

yo

Psycho+Pericles
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:20pm »

I thought Mirna was very annoying.

Charla was fine though and entertaining to watch.
IP Logged

- Psychooooooo
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 12:27pm »

I agree with you totally! In fact Mirna is more than annoying, she is "bleep" "bleep" "bleep"...
IP Logged

"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters always want'n more... more... MORE! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
--- Homer Simpson

yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 1:30pm »

on Aug 29th, 2004, 12:14pm, sweetmisery wrote:

And what is sad is that Mirna let Charla do all the stuffs, like eating the egg, when for sure, her size would hinder her at eating challenges. It makes me think if Mirna is that pathetic or is that all for publicity for all the midgets...

Charla said on a talk show last week that they decided before they went that she would do any eating challenges, because Mirna has a very weak stomach and would have gotten sick too easily.  Also, they both said that editing make Mirna look worse than she was... but isn't that always the case.. Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
david

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 6:32pm »

That maybe true but no amount of editting can change fact that Charla did most of teh work and challanges
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 29th, 2004, 9:05pm »

Aww.... I don't think that Mirna was being bitchy at all. I think she was being a good racer, that's all.  

Sweetmisery, they had already decided that Charla would do the eating challenges. Besides just because Charla is a LITTLE PERSON (not a midget!  Angry I can't stand that word, it's so horrible!!!  :bombSmiley it doesn't mean she can't eat! She has a normal sized stomach! Her torso is the same size as an average sized person, just her legs are small!  :furious:

And also, I loved the part when they got the tickets! Mirna was dancing around and kissed the tickets! Or was that Charla? (not sure) Anyway, I loved that face Charla did at them.   :laugh:
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 10:28am »

Hey welcome back sweetmisery.  Wink

Well I think it's fine how Mirna danced around when they got the ticket, because they're just happy to get ahead of the Psycho (who has started the totally unnecessary war against Mirna and, sadly, Charla).

Charla did a lot of the challenges, but the editing didn't show that Mirna drove the cars for hours. Obviously they can't show them driving cars, that would be way too boring.
IP Logged
sweetmisery
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I am The Game!

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 11:41am »

Normal sized stomach? That I dont know... but wouldnt that mean that most of their innards is made up of stomach then?  

And even if they indeed agreed upon that Charla did the eating, she is the stronger one beyond that. Mirna's share of challenges isnt much and to those that she did, she didnt do a good job. She is buffier than the twins yet she whines a lot. She is as irritating as Colin in my opinion.

And thanks Jaypee.
IP Logged

--- Homer Simpson

david

Email

« Reply #12 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 11:44am »

irritating......yes but but she isnt borderlind Psychotic like Colin! Even the look in his eyes sometimes screams Psychopath!
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 30th, 2004, 11:53am »

Speaking of irritating people, I realized something yesterday.

This season of AR has 3 irritating people in them when it started (Allison, Mirna, the Psyco). The first two episodes focused on the person many know as irritating (I don't know she was that bad, since we don't have Big Brother here). I think Mirna's offensive characteristics haven't been developed yet, and there was only a foreshadowing of Colin Psyco-ness (I still remember that "smile" while he was driving, leading the Moms, and other teams I think,  to the airport. Shivers.). And so Allison and the guy was eliminated in Epi 2, because of, surprise, her alluring personality.

From there, the crown for the most hated TAR racer this season has been fought by Mirna and Colin (without them realizing, I presume). And so it goes on and on until Mirna, and sadly Charla, were eliminated.

NOW, we only got Colin as the bad guy. Which makes our life simpler. We can focus all our hate to the Psycho, without being distracted by another "interesting" person.

Wow, I love this season.  Cool
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.