Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:57am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Reason for The Siren in the Finale »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race Gossip, News & Recaps
(Moderators: JP, Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Reason for The Siren in the Finale
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Reason for The Siren in the Finale  (Read 510 times)
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

The Reason for The Siren in the Finale
« on: Sep 29th, 2004, 1:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here you go: http://franklinavenue.blogspot.com/2004/09/final-word-on-this-amazing-ra ce.html

Monday, September 27, 2004    

The Final Word on this 'Amazing Race'  

I know, it's been almost a week... but here's one last word on the fifth season of Franklin Avenue's patron reality show, The Amazing Race.

Emmy winner "The Amazing Race" pulled strong ratings last week, as auds watched Chip and Kim narrowly beat rivals Colin and Christie, crossing the finish line first to collect a cool $1 million.

But the circus behind "Race’s" fifth season finale wound being up more thrilling than what actually appeared on screen – involving Dallas police, local TV news helicopters and a big, white Cadillac floating down the Trinity River.

The pandemonium began when "Race" exec producer Bertram Van Munster and then-CBS reality exec Ghen Maynard showed up to the finish line – at a remote Dallas park – in a big, white Cadillac. As cameras focused on Chip and Kim racing toward the finish line, the Cadillac’s brakes gave way – and the car flew into the nearby river.

Believing Van Munster and Maynard were still in the car, staffers panicked and called 911 – all while still trying to shoot the show.  

"They didn’t know which one was the priority," Van Munster says. "Everyone thought we were in it."

As the Cadillac began floating down the river – and right behind the stage set up for the finish line – Van Munster’s and Maynard’s driver dove in and recovered some items. It also became apparent that no one had been in the car.

The cops then arrived (sirens can be detected on the show as Colin and Christie arrive), followed by the local news helicopters.

Worried that their secret was about to be blown, "Race" producers quickly rolled up the show’s logo – which had been plastered across the finish line – in case the choppers moved their cameras off the floating Cadillac and on to the "Race" finish line.

The newscopters eventually moved on – and it took three weeks, but the Cadillac was eventually pulled out of the river muck. And, much to Van Munster’s relief, the "Race" winners remained a secret – until last week.

In other race info, after talking to Van Munster I can confirm reports that the season finale left at least one challenge on the cutting room floor: A road block in Banff, Canada, in which teams had to build a teepee. Here's a pic of Chip and Kim finishing the task (with cameraman and soundguy in the back) from website The Practical Nomad, which somehow took some recon photos of the challenge:

Van Munster said the challenge was stuck on the cutting room floor -- as was footage of a jaunt through Banff, where the contestants first picked up their winter clothes -- due to time restraints.

IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

Re: The Reason for The Siren in the Finale
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29th, 2004, 5:55pm »

... They could have extended TAR into two different episodes -- one for leg 12 and one for leg 13... The more TAR, the better, right?  Wink
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30th, 2004, 2:01am »

Maybe CBS didn't have the room for that as another show started the week after that so had to squeeze it into that one day.  I don't watch the show on CBS so I don't know.

Similar things happen on my local tv channels, but they cut unimportant parts of shows and show the important bit only.  I realised this first when I watched a show, then bought the show on vcd and found those cut parts.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2004, 7:56am »

woah. if i were a part of the TAR crew, i would be FREAKING OUT! that must've been so stressful.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:17pm »

Yeah, I can't imagine the stress over that one!
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 10:39pm »

LOL... and there was me, hoping those sirens were Dallas PD after Colin and Christie flying down the right hand side of the interstate... darn... Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.