Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2018, 5:49pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Benjamin "Coach" Wade »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor 23 Profiles
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Benjamin "Coach" Wade
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Benjamin "Coach" Wade  (Read 717 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Benjamin "Coach" Wade
« on: Sep 7th, 2011, 5:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Benjamin "Coach" Wade (39)  
Current Residence: Susanville, Calif.
Previous Seasons: “Survivor: Tocantins” and “Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains”

Benjamin Wade, more commonly known as "Coach," is returning to Survivor for a third try. “The reception for me, when I step on that beach and am chosen to be on a tribe, I’m just going to kill ‘em with kindness.”  He still owns his eclectic persona that viewers love from previous seasons, but the symphony conductor, men’s soccer coach and pastor promises that, “Coach 3.0 is going to be different than any time you’ve seen him.”

Coach believes that it is More...his experience and his leadership that make him an asset to his tribe, but he’s reevaluating his strategy this time around. “I’ve got to come out here and I’ve got to be confident but not arrogant, strong but not intimidating, I’ve got to be humble but not weak, I’ve got to be honorable but not self righteous.”

What does he think of Ozzy, his competition? “He is a great warrior in challenges, he’s great at survival, he’s going to be a tough competitor on the other tribe.”  

IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Benjamin "Coach" Wade
« Reply #1 on: Sep 7th, 2011, 5:45pm »

Interview with Coach

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/olivia/2011/09/09/coach-ben-wade-survivor-s outh-pacific
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 7th, 2011, 5:50pm »

Another interview.

Aug 24
'Survivor: South Pacific': Ozzy and Coach to return for new season. They talk about it here! -- EXCLUSIVE
by Dalton Ross, Entertainment Weekly

CBS withheld the names of the two returning players to join the 16 new contestants announced on Monday for Survivor: South Pacific, but EW.com can now exclusively reveal that the internet rumors are indeed true, and those two returning players are Benjamin “Coach” Wade and Ozzy Lusth. This will mark the third appearance for each contestant. Coach made the jury in both Tocantins and Heroes vs. Villains, while Ozzy was the runner-up for Cook Islands and was a member of the jury in Fans vs. Favorites.

Like last season’s returning pair of Boston Rob Mariano and Russell Hantz, Coach and Ozzy will each end up on different teams, this time after breaking an egg filled with the paint color of one of the tribes. Unlike Rob and Russell, however, there is no built-in rivalry between the pair. But host Jeff Probst says the two do have a natural connection. “What they share together is their social games suck,” says Probst. “Coach? He blew it in Heroes vs. Villains. He blew it seven different ways. And Ozzy got voted out with an idol in his hand! If that doesn’t speak to how bad you are in the social part of this game. So we looked at it and said here are two guys that do have a redemption story. Yes, you’ve played. Yes, you’re popular, but you don’t know what you’re doing in this game.”

Probst also told EW.com on location just a few hours after filming kicked off on the franchise’s 23rd season that the two returning players will have a much tougher time after Boston Rob came back to win it all last time on Redemption Island. “Boston Rob winning last season made it very difficult for Coach and Ozzy,” says Probst. “We even talked about giving them immunity. We said, maybe we should give them immunity for the first Tribal Council and let them get their feet wet, and we said that’s just not our show. You’re on your own.”

IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Sep 7th, 2011, 9:59pm »

I still think he's full of crap.
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 8th, 2011, 5:45pm »

Crap and ego seem to go hand in hand as far is Coach is concerned.  That said, it's even worse when it comes to Ozzie.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 8th, 2011, 10:29pm »

Did you hear about the movie he made with Danielle De Lorenza?  It's called 180.  Danielle does a pretty good job  of acting (At least in the trailer.)  Would I pay to see it?  Nah. (Unless Danielle gets naked and then I'd order it on Netflix.)  Grin

Here's a link to the trailer.

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi1559403545/
IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 6:35pm »

I'm sorry, ExIsle, even I cannot stomach a look at that.  Will try to contain myself on rants about Coach.  

But will I say this, how MANY TIMES does this man get to play Survivor?   Undecided

Obviously, the ratings are slipping. For the first time ever, that I can remember, it is not up for an Emmy.  

Why?  Because it has changed so drastically over the years and they keep adding stupid twists and returning players.  The secret to success, IMO, is to keep the original formula.  THAT is what I feel the audience wants.  Personally, I would like for it to return to "secret" alliances, more getting to know the characters and a real challenge to be out there. Make them suffer again!  That was entertaining TV.  Think back to Borneo, Australia and Africa.  That's what hooked me.
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Sep 10th, 2011, 12:33am »

I agree with you there.  Maybe at the end of the finale, Jeff will give us a preview of the  next season..Survivor:Retro (Back to Borneo).
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.