Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:39pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's Episode 7 Review! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's Episode 7 Review!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's Episode 7 Review!  (Read 772 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's Episode 7 Review!
« on: Apr 4th, 2006, 7:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here are Wacky Wanda's thoughts on last week's episode.  (She refers to it as Episode 7.  At Metropolis, we count the recap as an 'episode' since it did have some new info in it, thus we have numbered last week's episode as #8 )

Missed opportunity!  That's what I saw in Exile Island, episode 7.  It was rather sad....

LaMina knew they were targeted and had to scramble, being outnumbered 6-4 at the merge.  Most of us were hoping the pre-viewed medical emergency would happen before this week's Tribal Council and that it would affect Casaya to bring the numbers closer so that flipping one person could save LaMina in a 5-4 vote.  But that didn't happen.  LaMina's loss of one more tribe member make things increasingly tougher for those who remain.  A realignment of loyalties and alliances in the new Gitanos tribe seems inevitable, but the Casaya Club Crumble didn't happen immediately at merge time.

Terry, Nick, and Austin tried.  Somehow Shane has a Judd-magic, that Hitler-like quality capable of rendering people around him unable to think for themselves.  They hate him, despise him, can't stand him -- but don't dare to challenge the authority he has usurped based on their mesmerism.   He's apparently still got Cassaya hypnotized when they look into his frightening eyes.  Yet there's some psychological smarts behind the Shane-magic, too, especially in the way he plays Bruce, making Bruce feel like the respected leader-elder.

Bruce talks like an amateur to the Survivor game when he exults about being the potential swing-voter between two groups.  That's not a glory- seat; it's absolutely the worst spot to be in.  Reminded me of Dolly in Vanuatu, who found herself between the four older women and the four younger women.  Instead of either group enlisting her to take out a member of A-group or B-group, folks got together and targeted the middle person whom nobody could trust, and we went from Dolly being excited about everyone courting her vote to Dolly being the first woman voted out.  That's just one example; it's happened repeatedly in the Survivor game.

As to Terry's failed attempts:  Cirie had it right.  He had nothing to offer her (or Shane).  The "safety" of being fifth or sixth?  That was what she already had.   And that's where the missed opportunity comes in.  

What LaMina needed to do first was find out who didn't like whom on Casaya -- where the cracks were.   Sally proved to be LaMina's weak link.  The guys were out negotiating for partners, but Sally wasn't playing the game with them.  Understandably, she probably figured she could go UTR, as the guys would be targeted before her, which should give her three tribal councils, nine days, to get something worked out, and lots could change by then.  But why didn't Sally step up to the plate to save her guys?  She missed the opportunity.

Scenario:  Sally goes back to her initial young-women's-tribe partners Courtney and Danielle and asks for the scoop on what they think of the men on their tribe.  Courtney and Danielle can't resist telling her that Shane is despicable and Bruce is weird.  Sally convinces them that camp life would be better if they joined with LaMina, took out Shane and Bruce, and shook things up a little, with the possibility that when those two men were gone, the 4 women could stick together in a secret and subtle alliance while the guys were intent on taking out male competition and power figures, so the women could go to the final four if they played their cards right.  This wouldn't even require any promise from Sally or any long-term pledge or commitment, just the dangling of a possibility for changing things up in a way that would apparently give the Casaya women a better chance at top places than if they continued to keep Shane in charge.  

But Sally was apparently not with the program with Terry, Nick, and Austin.  She didn't recruit the two Casaya people most likely to go for a switch, who are also the two people she could most likely work and work with.  

Result:  We lost Nick.  Just as Terry has often been compared to Palau Tom, I think Nick reminded me a good bit of Palau Gregg:  young, dark, handsome, smart, good.    Since Nick was one of the four Exile Island castaways who did not list Survivor as one of his favorite TV shows, I take it that he, like Gregg, was also a "recruit" rather than someone who initiated an audition tape himself, but I truly like and respect Gregg, and I have admired Nick's character as well.  Even in his exit speech we heard the mind and voice of someone who wants to use his opportunities in life to encourage and help others.  Since making the jury is huge in terms of the prize-money difference for contestants, I surely wish Nick could have made the jury instead of Shane.  But wishing works no wonders.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.