Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 3:08am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 12 Commentary »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Exclusive! - Survivors Speak to ForumsNet
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 12 Commentary
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 12 Commentary  (Read 1199 times)
MediaScribe
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Keepin' it all together

View Profile WWW Email

Wacky Wanda's S13 Episode 12 Commentary
« on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 1:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Here's Wanda's comments about the last episode...

Finally we can get on with the show without the smooching interludes!   I had understood that Candice was a big Survivor fan, but I was beginning to wonder if she thought she was competing on The Bachelor and didn't even  much care if other people were around, including female competition.  
     Speaking of competition, were Candice and Parvati more interested in competing for Adam or for the million dollars?   Is Adam worth that much?
     Does Adam care which warm body is pressed against him?
     Will Parvoti move in to fill the void?
     Did Jeff forget a part in the reading of the riot act?  I heard him say, "Bring me your torch," but was the line about the person voted about being asked to "leave the tribal council area immediately" omitted accidentally or on purpose this week?  Did we hear that?  Did Candice hear that?
     Ah, so many questions this week!

Well, "Candam" and Parvati cetainly did their best to make Raro the "Love Tribe, " but Aitutonga?  The Love Tribe, it is not.  Its population reportedly includes at least one "disgusting rat," three "lazy, selfish" so-and-so's, and four other allegedly selfish individuals including a "puppet master."  Candice appeared ready to stand and deliver a full-scale Sue Hawk tirade.  Quite dicey!

Candice hurt more than helped herself in the confrontation in which she attacked Jonathan in front of Yul and the rest of Aitu.  Yul's comments about Jonathan ("selfish, predictable") were not meant to be relayed to him that way, and that kind of betrayal of Yul would be reason enough for him to want to send Candice packing.  Yul felt so guilty and conflicted that he considered voting Jonathan out to appease the three Raros, but I can totally feel his pain in having his words repeated to Jonathan, severing or at least wounding what he hoped was a workable relationship.   Candice knew that Yul's remarks were confidential, and nothing hurts a good person (like Yul) more than having what was essentially confidential exposed in such a crude manner, hurtful to both Yul and Jonathan.  We lost some respect for Candice in her handling of that situation.

One thing Candice is much to be credited for, though, is the unfailing smile with which she has returned from each of her four trips to Exile Island and with which she rather philosophically accepted the extinction of her torch.  That I admired.  A cheerful spirit has always been on my top-five list of virtues.   (When my children were small, I was challenged to identify the five virtues I most wanted to instill in them.  I chose self-discipline, thoughtfulness, thankfulness, cheerfulness, and honesty.)

It was notable that the three finalists in the immunity challenge were the three people who needed the immunity most:  Candice, Adam, and Jonathan.  We might well speculate that their bottom-of-the-totem-pole status gave them extra impetus to finish fast.   When Adam was shown before the challenge stating that he wanted to win for revenge, I figured that that presaged a win for him.    

Along with Candice, Adam's and Parvati's stock has fallen gradually in recent episodes, precipitously so this week.   Adam hasn't shown any sense of strategy except to make-out with the girls.  I would rather have seen him canned than Nate last week.  Furthermore, one would think that with the Raros down to three, they would be making every possible effort, individually and collectively, to work hard around camp, be pleasant, and prove their worth to the community, but none of these basic concepts seems to have occurred to any one of them.  Rather than trying to improve the value of their own stock, they've only worked at tearing down someone else's.   Pardon the grammar, but that "don't impress me much," to borrow a line from a song.    I never did see much at Adam except an appealing smile, but I was liking Parvati until her recent descent into trash-talking as the only strategy in her book.

Jonathan continues to make mistakes.  His biggest one was impulsively following Candice in the Aitu-betrayal.  This week it was his insensitivity to how the others would feel about his success in the auction when others got little and most got nothing.   That called for downplaying the luck of his risk-taking behavior.  (Even Becky, who won another $500, had nothing to eat, nothing to spend it on).  Jonathan should have been positively apologetic.   In spite of his social stupidity, I still find much to admire in him.    He still has a work ethic that beats all of Raro put together and tripled; he's been honest, he's put forth social effort in the ways he knows how, and he was quite admirable in the way he took the flak he got from Candice, Adam and Parvati.  He could have pointed to the rest of Aitu and said the fish-eating decision was unanimous, but he took all the blame himself and didn't drag the rest into it.   In my book he's still a man, and a decent man, and I'm glad to see him still in the game.  Out with Adam and Parvati next!

Meanwhile, regarding the rest of Aitu, we continue to hear little from Becky and Sundra, who are mostly playing UTR.  The same under-the-radar mode might well be said of Oz, who quietly wins most of the challenges but could afford to lose an immunity and still stay in the game, with so many other targets outstanding this week.  

Yul is such a gentleman and a peacemaker.  I liked his honesty when Raro asked him to vote out Jonathan, and he gave them no false hope or appeasement; he said he didn't want to "blow smoke" -- he wanted to be honest about his loyalty to Jonathan at that point.  I can hardly imagine how much he was grieved by Candice's tactless revelations to Jonathan.  At tribal council, as he sat between Jonathan and Adam, you could see him moving his hands back and forth in an effort to silence the verbal conflict that was so uncomfortable for him.  My sister Wilma from Wichita emailed me comments with which I concur, so I'll quote her:

"Yul has proved himself to be not only a man of fairness and integrity, but also a brilliant player.  He is playing the immunity idol three times in one game!  He played it first when he lured Jonathan back to his tribe; then this week, when he tipped his hand to his opponents so that they will know they should not waste their votes on him, and finally, in a future episode when he will actually play the idol if that becomes necessary to save himself or Becky.
     "The bond between Yul and Becky may be more than we see in our homes.  Asians typically are more reserved (and respectful) in their public display of affection.  If a love bond exists in addition to a game bond...  "

Yul is 31 and Becky is 28.  They are both educated and professionals.  They're intelligent, and they're people of true class.  But noooo....  in the tradition of "Romber" and "Candam" ...  no...  they're NOT "Yucky!"  
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2006, 1:05pm by MediaScribe » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.