Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 9:16am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Popo's TARFC 2 should be held in November?

No, i want it NOW!
November please!
December please!
I just want a second season!

« Last Modified by: Joab on: Jul 11th, 2007, 9:36am »

Author  Topic: POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED  (Read 49465 times)
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [ANNOUNCEMENT]
« Reply #135 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:47am »

I'm confused. What time will this be up in Eastern time?
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #136 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 2:05pm »

No idea. I have GMT so I'm different from everyone else. HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Wink
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #137 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 7:33pm »

I thought it was posted already... bummer I'll wait some more
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #138 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 7:47pm »

*waits in anticipation*
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #139 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 7:55pm »

Darn, still not up.  Tongue
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
TARfan1
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #140 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 8:22pm »

waiting.....
IP Logged

Fav Shows: The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Despeare Housewives, LOST
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #141 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 8:27pm »

It will be put up SOON. Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
TARfan1
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #142 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 8:27pm »

ok..................
IP Logged

Fav Shows: The Amazing Race, The Biggest Loser, Despeare Housewives, LOST
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #143 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:26pm »

*is giddy with excitement* Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Smiley Smiley
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #144 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:35pm »

Anytime now. Cool
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #145 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:50pm »

Changed my name back to MK for the race, since this will be heavily documented I am going to use my regular name. Wink [LOL Popo, you don't have to edit the leaderboard if you don't want to.] Team Xonarchk for the win!
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #146 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:51pm »

This is Singapore, an urban and modernized city in the Southeast Asia. From here, 11 teams of 2 will embark on a race around the world, to win Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge.

Water Taxis are now transporting the teams from the Singapore River to the starting line at The Padang. The 11 teams are…

Avarim and TARfan1, newly found friends on the Metropolis Reality Forums. Avarim is from the Mexico while Tarfan1 is from the USA. This all-female team is confident that nothing will stop them from winning this game as they will try their best to encourage and help each other out. Tarfan1 thinks that they will probably have a few riffs here and there on minor decisions, but is also pretty sure that it will not affect their performance on this race.  

el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid, an all-male team who joined this race to test out their friendship. el_sheik_doufa is from Bahrain while sun7kid is from Hong Kong. el_sheik_doufa expects sun7kid to push him really hard to do well for this race but is uncertain of what he can do due to his cluelessness which he fears may lead to their early exit.  

Genius and Arch Angel, online friends from Singapore. Genius expects Arch Angel to dominate the race together with him; while Arch Angel feels that it is more important for them to do their very best for each leg, while also not forgetting to enjoy themselves during the race. Arch Angel is certain that nothing will stop them from winning this race while Genius is afraid that the Yield will probably kill their chances.  

Heather and Popit, brother and sister from the USA. They joined this race because they feel that they are really close to each other which will give them an advantage because this will help them to work really well together. Heather expects herself to be the brain while Popit will contribute to the brawn factor on this race. They fear that not being to be able to complete the tasks on time will probably be their downfall for this race.  

Jonty and Odvesims, who met each other on an online internet game and got along well since then. Jonty is from Australia while Odvesims is from the Dominican Republic. This co-ed team expects themselves to at least reach the final 3 and promise to never blame each other for silly mistakes that they will make (hopefully not) while on the race. Odvesims feels that the happening of “a series of unfortunate events” will stop them from winning this race.  

JP and username, who have known each other for years virtually but didn’t get close enough with and hope that this race will improve their friendship. This co-ed team expects their respective teammate to be really supportive of each other. username feels that she still have loads to learn from JP as this is her first time joining an online race. JP is from the Philippines while username is from Hong Kong. JP jokes that the only thing that will stop them from winning this race is that both team members losing access to the internet.  

Peetah and ImANewUser, an all-male team who never knew each other and hoping that this race will probably help them find out more about each other. ImANewUser is from the Philippines while Peetah is from USA. ImANewUser expects Peetah to make the more important decisions and feels that it will probably be his fault if they didn’t win this race.  

Redwings and Mr Tyler, an all-male team from the USA who joined this race because they wanted an “adventure of a lifetime”. They expect really a lot from each other, which is to give their very best in this game and never to give up. Both feared that different time zone with the host will be their downfall for this race.  

t and Alexander, makes up the fifth and last all-male team on this race. While t is from the south of England, Alex is from Mexico. They decided to join this race as they both love the show and hence decided to be a pair because they get along fine, except there could be some slight bickering if they get stubborn. t expects Alex to work with him and do his fair share and sometimes help him if he needs it, while Alex just wants t to give his 100% during the race. Alex jokes that “their car exploding” could kill their chances of winning the race while t feels that being in the backpack for the first few legs will show that they won’t last long enough.  

wgal and xxsolitudexx makes up the last of 2 all-female team and are both from Singapore. They decided to join this race together to beat the odds and persevere on in the face of difficulty. They have the will to make it to the Final 3 and show everyone the wonders an all-female team can do. They feel that the usual perception of an all-female team is “weak”, “gone in the first few episodes” and ensure that this is not going to be true for them. Both do not expect much from each other and only want each to give their very best and leave no regrets at the end of the race. The only thing that will stop them from winning the million will be the fact that they do not want to win at all. But xxsolitudexx is definitely confident that they will be winning the race without a doubt!  

Xochitl and MK, makes up the last of 4 co-ed team on this race. Xochitl is from Indonesia while MK is from the Philippines. They both joined this race together because they are friends who needed money to build the world's largest outdoor swimming pool. MK expects Xochitl to communicate well with him and will do her part when necessary. As time is the essence in this race, Xochitl expects MK to call the shot when necessary as she trusts him totally. They call themselves the “Team XonarchK”, while they feel that beating other teams might be a challenge, this will probably not stop them from winning the race.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:53pm by Joab » IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #147 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:55pm »

In just a few minutes, you will be leaving on a race around the world. The race is divided into many legs. At the end of each leg of the race, there is a pitstop. 8 of these pitstops are elimination points, so you need to get to them as fast as you can. Because if you are last, you will be eliminated. When I give you the word, you can run over to your bags, read the clue on top of it and whatever happens after that is completely up to you. The first team to cross the finish line… will win Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge!

Is everybody ready?  

The world is waiting for you… Good luck, travel safe… GO!

Route Info:  
Find the Esplanade, Theatres on the Bay for your next clue. You have $40 for this leg of the race.

You must now choose whether to take a taxi or simply just walk there. However, taking a taxi will cost you $6 but will also give you a time bonus.  

After both team members have made their decision, only one player is needed to post their decision on this thread.
IP Logged

ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #148 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:56pm »

Cool intro!
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [RACE BEGINS]
« Reply #149 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 11:58pm »

Avarim and TARfan1 [TAXI/WALK]
el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid [TAXI/WALK]
Genius and Arch Angel [TAXI/WALK]
Heather and Popit [TAXI/WALK]
Jonty and Odvesims [TAXI/WALK]
JP and username [TAXI/WALK]
Peetah and ImANewUser [TAXI/WALK]
Redwings and Mr Tyler [TAXI/WALK]
t and Alexander [TAXI/WALK]
wgal and xxsolitudexx [TAXI/WALK]
Xochitl and MK [TAXI/WALK]
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.