Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 10:12am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Popo's TARFC 2 should be held in November?

No, i want it NOW!
November please!
December please!
I just want a second season!

« Last Modified by: Joab on: Jul 11th, 2007, 9:36am »

Author  Topic: POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED  (Read 49473 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 2 ROUTE INF
« Reply #450 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 9:27am »

The hint has been given on which taxi will breakdown. The taxi ride cost 159 Pesos, therefore Taxi #1, Taxi #5 and Taxi #9 will breakdown on the way to the pitstop.

Heather and Popit, el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid as well as Xochitl and Mk shrieked with frustration as they wasted 10 minutes waiting for their taxi's tyre to be changed before they can move on.

At the pitstop, Popo waited patiently with this leg's pitstop greeter Peetah and ImANewUser as the first taxi drives in at Manila Bay.

One team got down from their taxi and rushed to the pitstop...

Popo: Jonty and Odvesims, you are the first team to arrive at 10.27am. As the winners of this leg of the race, you will receive 20% more money than the other teams at the start of the next leg of the race.

Jonty: *shrieks with excitement* I love you Oscar!

Odvesims: *blushes*

Popo: wgal and xxsolitudexx, you are the second team to arrive at 10.37am.  

wgal: We kick some asses today!

xxsolitudexx: And we're an all-female team!

Popo: I'm also glad both of you are doing so well!

Popo: JP and username, you are the third team to arrive at 10.39am.  

Popo: Doing pretty well eh?

JP: Hooray!

username: Gives JP a hug but emphasize that they are still friends.

Popo: -____-"

Popo: Heather and Popit, you are the fourth team to arrive at 10.41am.

Heather: We would have been second if our taxi didn't breakdown!

Popit: I'm tired.

Popo: *rolleyes*

Popo: Genius and Amarillo, you are the fifth team to arrive at 10.45am.

Amarillo: We'll take that.

Genius: I hope we do better next leg!

Popo: el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid, you are the sixth team to arrive at 10.50am.

sun7kid: I wish el_sheik_doufa would be more active.

el_sheik_doufa: I am! But you didn't even give me a chance to post anything!

Popo: Avarim and TARfan1, you are the seventh team to arrive at 10.56am.

Popo: I hope everything is going on fine even with your broken arm, Avarim.

Avarim: Don't worry, i won't give up.

*Avarim and TARfan1 hugs together*

Popo: Aww...

Popo: Redwings and Mr Tyler, you are the eighth team to arrive at 10.59am.

Mr Tyler: YOU'RE KIDDING. WE ARE LAST WHEN WE TOOK THAT TAXI!

Redwings: I did a magic spell and our taxi didn't breakdown! That saved as from elimination!

Mr Tyler: Roll Eyes

The risk of elimination came down to Xochitl and MK as well as t and Alexander. One of them may become the second team to be eliminated from Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge!

At 11.06am, two taxis stopped at the Manila Bay. Both teams alighted from their taxis and were shocked to see each other. It was a race to the pitstop and one team stepped on the mat before the other...

Popo: Xochitl and MK, you are the ninth team to arrive at 11.06am.

MK: We nearly went from first to last!

Xochitl: We'll take ninth!

*t and Alexander stepped on the mat 2 seconds later at 11.06am*

Popo: t and Alexander, both of you are the last team to arrive at 11.06am. I'm sorry to tell you that you both have been eliminated from the race.

t: But i thought we checked in at the same time as Xochitl and MK, why were we the ones eliminated then?

Popo: Because both of you chose to take a taxi only after Xochitl and MK have done so at the previous Route Info.

Alexander: It's okay, we tried our best.

IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 2 RESULTS]
« Reply #451 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:26am »

Sorry to see you go - t and alexander

When will leg 3 start??
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #452 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:41am »

If i tell you it won't be random right? Roll Eyes
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Tyler
ForumsNet Member
USA 

TAOR5 Starts Soon!

331122624 331122624   racedude122003   racedude122003
View Profile WWW

« Reply #453 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:44am »

Bah. W/e. Just choose a nice time that ain't 2 AM. Thanks, lol.
IP Logged
Xochitl
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #454 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 11:04am »

Xochitl: *sigh of relief* wow, we're almost being eliminated, MK. We'll need to be on our triple A-game mode next leg.  

Sorry to see you go t and Alexander. It sucks to go out by 2 seconds.  Sad
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #455 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 11:07am »

Xochitl, please see your PM! Sad
IP Logged

t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #456 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 12:07pm »

Bye guys. Have fun.
IP Logged
Xochitl
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #457 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 12:44pm »

on Jan 14th, 2007, 11:07am, Popo wrote:
Xochitl, please see your PM! Sad

Oops.. didn't see this.  

Please bear with my slow reply, i have a slower connection and am always having trouble loading a page on fnet. It takes a longer time.  Embarassed
IP Logged
Odvesims
ForumsNet Member
Dominican_Rep 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #458 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 12:54pm »

*Confessional at Pit Stop*
Oscar: It feels GREAT finish in 1st place after ending in 8th last leg. I think we've found our Momentum in this race, hope can keep it as far as F3 Wink
Jonty: Our relationship is now going all the way up. I guess we should be more than friends after this race....
Oscar: I guess we should.... Wink

*On the next episode of the Amazing Race* (Popo's should post what is going on Wink Lol.
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #459 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 4:56pm »

Oh, phew, we're not out and that's what's important. Smiley We need to go all out next leg. Sorry t and Alexander... Sad
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #460 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 6:09pm »

Yay 4th again  Cheesy
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #461 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 8:43pm »

LEG 2 RECAP

Previously on Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge, 10 teams of 2 set out from Singapore and flew to Manila, Philippines. Jonty and Odvesims, sun7kid and el_sheik_doufa, Heather and Popit, Avarim and TARfan1 as well as Redwings and Mr Tyler thought all was over when they didn’t manage to get tickets on the first flight to Manila.

At the SM Mall of Asia, the leading 5 teams arrived and realized that it does not open until 9am in the morning; therefore teams on the second flight would be able to catch up with them. This made MK frustrated as he quipped that “their prize that they won on the first leg was useless”.  

At 9am, the remaining 10 teams rushed in to the SM Mall of Asia to find a Roadblock where team members have to perform a dance on the ice skating rink. MK and Heather excelled at the Roadblock for their team, while Genius and Avarim made their team fall behind. Completing the Roadblock in first place, Xochitl and MK received their next clue to travel to Binondo Church for their next clue.

Xochitl and MK’s lead was soon gone when they had to take a bus there in order to save some money. Things were made worst for Redwings and Mr Tyler as they fell behind further by choosing to take a bus there for fear that they will not have enough money to complete the leg if they took a taxi. However, t and Alexander’s decision to take a bus also made them fall to the back of the pack together with Redwings and Mr Tyler.  

Arriving at the Binondo Church in first place, Heather and Popit found a Detour where they had to choose between Slow and Safe or Fast and Dangerous. Despite being the last team to arrive at Binondo Church, Redwings and Mr Tyler still decided to stop-by at Burger King before choosing to complete Fast and Dangerous. While Genius and Amarillo and JP and username did well at Slow and Safe, it was Avarim and TARfan1 who completed the Slow and Safe task in last place, causing them to fall squarely behind the other 5 teams who completed the Detour before them.

Jonty and Odvesims had a speedy ride with Fast and Dangerous, where they completed it in first place and learned that they had to travel to the Manila Bay, the second pitstop in the race around the world. While Redwings and Mr Tyler made up some time at the Detour, it was not enough to pull them to the front of the pack as they were already too far behind.  

Heather and Popit, sun7kid and el_sheik_doufa as well as Xochitl and MK’s cab broke down on the way to the pitstop. This immediately made Xochitl and MK fell to last place and risk of being the second team eliminated. At the pitstop, Popo, Peetah and ImANewUser waited patiently for teams to check-in. In the end, Jonty and Odvesims claimed first as they checked in a whole ten minutes before all-female team wgal and xxsolitudexx, who were proud of their performance so far on the race.

While JP and username checked in third, Heather and Popit recovered from their cab problem and came in fourth. Genius and Amarillo heaved a sigh of relief when they arrived fifth, while el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid were more than happy enough to come in seventh. The risk of elimination came down to three teams, Redwings and Mr Tyler, Xochitl and MK as well as t and Alexander.

But Redwings and Mr Tyler arrived eighth at the pitstop, and the race soon came down to between Xochitl and MK as well as t and Alexander. In the end, it was a footrace to the pitstop as Xochitl and MK outran t and Alexander and checked in at the pitstop in ninth place, making t and Alexander to become the second team eliminated from Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge.

9 teams remain, who will be eliminated… next?
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2007, 8:43pm by Joab » IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #462 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:08pm »

This is the Manila Bay, one of the finest natural harbors in the world situated in the Philippines and also the second pitstop in the race around the world. The 9 teams remaining have no idea what’s in store for them, they are allowed to sleep, eat and mingle with the other teams during this mandatory rest period.

Will Jonty and Odvesims continue to do well now that they have got the momentum of the race?

Or will Xochitl and MK manage to recover from their mistake in Leg 2 and move up to the front of the pack for this leg?

Jonty and Odvesims, who is the first team to arrive at 10.27am, will depart at 10.27pm.

Route Info:
Fly to Tokyo, Japan and drive yourselves to the Shibuya Crossing. Once there, teams will need to find the “Hachiko” where they will find their next clue. You have 1800 Yen for this leg of the race. Jonty and Odvesims will receive 2160 Yen as the winners of the second leg of the race. All your remaining Pesos have already been converted into Yen.

All 9 remaining teams are on Philippines Airlines Flight PR 432 departing Philippines, Manila at 2.50pm and arriving at 8.10pm in Tokyo, Japan.

Teams arrived and found Hachiko as well as departure times for the next morning.

Departing at 9.00am

Departing at 9.10am

Departing at 9.20am

You may now sign-up for the earliest departure time the next morning for your team.
IP Logged

redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #463 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:09pm »

Departing at 9.00am  
1. Redwings8831/Mr Tyler

Departing at 9.10am  

Departing at 9.20am  
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #464 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 10:11pm »

Current Standing

Route Map

Singapore to Manila to Tokyo Tongue
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.