Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 1:03am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR Trivia - RACE UPDATE!! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   TAR Trivia - RACE UPDATE!!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  ...  24 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR Trivia - RACE UPDATE!!  (Read 10426 times)
Puppet
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

biting your head off

View Profile

Re: TAR Trivia - LEG 6 POSTED - PG 17
« Reply #270 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 4:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

isnt the deadline over?
IP Logged

Survivor Gabon: Matty|Sugar
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #271 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:52am »

I WLL UPDATE THIS TONIGHT AND LEG 7 WILL START ON SUNDAY OR MONDAY (EST)
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #272 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:48pm »

LEG 6 RESPONSES

Peetah:
I am writing about TAR 6, episode 10 which occurred in Sri Lanka: the race from Lion Rock to the pit stop.  In my opinion, it was one of the most exciting finishes of a leg in TAR history, and perhaps because it was the first season I saw, it has many of my favorite players as well as favorite players who I love to hate!

We pick up at the Roadblock clue:  Climb Lion Rock (over a thousand steps—at least a ten minute climb/hike), spot a flag, and then swim across a pool to check in with Phil.  Naturally, the nicest and best team ever—Kris and Jon—are in the lead and Jon takes the roadblock.  Lori (of the wrestlers) is next (note:  Number 2), followed by Aaron, Freddy, and Adam.  Partway up, Freddy returns to the bottom to get the ticket he left behind.  Kris and Kendra notice that Bolo STILL HAS LORI’S TICKET, and even bring it to his attention.

Jon makes quickly finds the flag and starts back down.  Lori, however, is not so lucky—she can’t reach the summit because the ticket that Bolo is uselessly holding at the bottom of the rock.  She begs and pleads the clerk, but he will not let her pass. Why doesn’t Bolo run up to get her the ticket?  Who knows?  By the time Lori runs down and berates Bolo for “not reading the clue”, the other teams are finishing or on their way to the pit stop.  To his credit, Bolo points out that “Lori can read, too”.  This underlines how teamwork is a key element of the race, as well as attention to details.  Since I found Lori and Bolo to be two explosive people, I can’t say I was heartbroken by their misfortune, but it is unfortunate that they fell so far behind for such a small mistake.  As Bolo waits for Lori to climb back UP and DOWN AGAIN, the editors share a joke as he absentmindedly scratches himself, and then cuts to a monkey doing exactly the same thing.  This monkey shall forever be nicknamed “Bolo”!  Before they leave, Kris does her best to comfort and encourage Bolo, showing what a class act she is.  Could a racer be any nicer?

Cutting back to the other racers, Kris and Jon find the resort, dive into the pool, and dripping wet, check into first.  The sexiest couple ever smiles as Phil gives them a trip to Romantic Europe.  Hell, it could be romantic broom closet, and this cheerful and talented couple would still beam.

Finally, in the mad dash to the pit stop, Freddy and Kendra, Rebecca and Adam, and Hayden and Aaron all basically arrive at the same time.  There is confusion on where to check in; Phil reminds them they must swim a lap in the pool first!!! A  mad dashes to the opposite end of the pool ensues; where did Hayden come from?!.  Arms, legs, heads are bobbing everywhere and water soaks the deck.  Freddy is first, but must wait for Kendra! The mostly awesome Aaron and Hayden arrive second!  Freddy literally pulls Kendra out of the pool for third!!!  Evil Rebecca and ridiculous Adam are fourth!!!  Everyone is wet, panting, and damn!  They look good!! A while later, Lori and Bolo arrive and are philiminated.  Ironically, the arrivals in this leg are how I ranked the order of the teams at this point of the season.

I love this sequence because it was fast paced, the locale was beautiful, and the drama was amazing.  Lori and Bolo showed what happened when you don’t read the instructions, and self-destructed as a team.  But they did keep a hopeful attitude as they arrived at the pit stop.  Jon and Kris showed several times why they are among the best teams ever.  The other three teams created an exciting foot-or in this case-swim race to the end with places not known until the last possible second (second only to the footrace in Australia, Season 10!)  All in all: fantastic!!

Raymond:
I thought that Colin's ox breakdown was very interesting in my opinion. It all started with a dominant Colin and Christie. Just after winning their third leg in a row, they headed to Auckland, then flew to Manila. Apparently, they found a flight that's supposed to give them a huge lead. Unfortunately, this is where the whole leg goes wrong for them. They miss the connecting flight in Singapore, forcing them to go through Hongkong instead. More unfortunately, they end up getting bunched with the other three. And it doesn't stop there. Once they reach Manila, the other three teams beat Colin and Christie to the Yield mat where Chip and Kim Yielded them. Of course, i'm drifitng away...so...Colin and Christie, currently in last, reached the Detour with no other team in sight. Choosing to do the ox one, Colin looked. and looked. And looked. But when the owner's stubborn, the pet does too. The ox apparently didn't follow Colin's orders so Colin flipped. And flipped. And flipped again. And fumed. He then asked (read: SHOUTED, FORCED, YELLED) Christie to help. So she did, she waded and then she said, "There it is." in an indifferent voice. And Colin was like,  Angry Angry Angry Angry     +  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked      while I was all  :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:. I chose this moment because it was very humorous. Colin slaves, Colin strives, Colin breaks down just to find a clue and all Christie had to do was wade around, then BAM! She found it.  Grin  Up to this day, I'm still :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:    

By the way, this happened in the Philippines during TAR 5.

sun7kid:
I think the most exciting moment of the Amazing Race is the scene that a three-way driving race at the end of Leg 9 of Season 9. Teams were driving wildly to Lake Bennett Wilderness Resort in Australia. BJ & Tyler, Eric & Jeremy, Joseph & Monica were in this mad race. It was quite dangerous to race along a narrow road like that and none of the teams able to overtake others.  
Teams knew there was already 1 team checked in and therefore last team checking in of them will have a great chance to be eliminated. When the pit stop can be seen from a distance, Eric & Jeremy did a wise choice, open the door of the car and dash to the pit stop. This blocks the way of the remaining teams since the road is not broad enough for two cars passing together. BJ and Tyler and Joseph & Monica were forced to run to the pit stop too. Eric & Jeremy arrived the pit stop and were told that they were second.  
The leg then became a foot race between BJ & Tyler and Eric & Jeremy. It was very close. Tyler arrived at pit stop first but could not check in since BJ is left behind. Eric & Jeremy then check in together and they were third. Tyler arrived last and checked in together with BJ. They were fourth and the last team to arrive. To their amazement, it was a pre-determined non-elimination leg and they were not eliminated, instead all the processions were taken away from them. The most forgettable scene of this foot race is that Monica glared at BJ & Tyler unfriendly because they she decided to yield BJ & Tyler at a yield point earlier the leg and wanted to get them out of the game. BJ & Tyler was defined as a threatening team since they did very well in past legs.  
Lastly, this incident brought to next leg’s funny actions of the Hippies. They have to fool around the street and to beg for money from the locals. This is real funny!

Puppet:
The event I chose occurred in TAR 6 in Berlin, Germany. It was during the footrace to the Pit Stop when Jonathan shoved Victoria when they failed to check in first. Jonathan chose to ditch his bag on the street. Fearing it might be stolen; Victoria picked it up and carried 2 bags to the mat. Apparently, Freddy and Kendra beat them to the mat. In anger, Jonathan shoved Victoria to show his angriness. It resulted in Victoria crying. I find that it is ridiculous that Jonathan treated his own wife this way. I chose it because it was really atrocious. They are a team; they should face any setbacks together peacefully. I find that what Victoria did wasn’t wrong – picking up the bag to prevent it being stolen – and she doesn’t deserve the shove. Also, it’s Jonathan’s fault that they came in second. If he continued to carry his backpack or offered to carry Victoria’s backpack (like how Freddy helped Kendra), they would have gotten first.

Heather
For me, the most important moment of the race was when the first all female team won. But this has never happened, you might say. This is where you are wrong. You are forgetting.. The Amazing Race Asia.

Sure, they only raced for $100,000... but it still made for an exciting race. The final 3 teams were Andrew/Syeon from Malaysia, Sandy/Francesca from Hong Kong, and Zabrina/Joe Jer from Malaysia.

The final leg started in Dubai, UAE and raced to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The final roadblock required one team member to complete a rope course.  

The final pit stop took teams to the Bako National Park in Kuching. There Zabrina and Joe Jer beat the other two teams and became the first all female team to win The Amazing Race.  

I chose this interesting part of TAR history because a lot of casual fans might not know that this season existed, and still believe that an all female team has never won.

Elizabeth
A TAR event that I think was important was Joejer and Zabrina winning TAR Asia. This event occured in the first season of TAR Asia, which started and ended in Malaysia. It was the season finale, and the final 3 teams, Joejer/Zabrina, Sandy/Francesca and Andrew/Syeon were racing for the money. It was an interesting race, because the teams were originally neck-to-neck. Then Ansrew/Syeon fell behind when they got lost, and it was a close race between Joejer/Zabrina and Sandy/Francesca.It was a very suspenseful moment for me, and I almost cried when Joejer and Zabrina won.

I chose this event because it was the first time an all female team has ever won an Amazing race, and because the girls are Malaysian too.  Wink

Flirty:
So my favourite event was in Season 9.It was in Australia.It was in the end of episode..The racers was Eric & Jeremy,Joseph & Monica and BJ & Tyler..In this event it was the BEST footrace in the Amazing Race History(for me).I loved it..I choose it because for me that is the best situation of TAR EVER...It was very furstration in it b/s BJ & Tyler yielded Joseph & Monica BUT Joseph & Monica CATCHED up with the other two teams..I choose thistoo b/s I liked the footrace..BJ made the critical mistake for him team..He runed at the rocks and that slowed him more..And Monica was furstrated because she is slow but she beated Bj at the pit stop.I like the reaction of Joseph too  Smiley .BUT BJ & TYLER was LUCKY once again because that was ONCE AGAIN Non-Elimination LEG.Phil took all of the money of BJ & Tyler and their possetions..Actually they haven't got very much at this poin..And then it come their winning streak after this leg Smiley

Beepboop:
What season the event occured in.  
Season 11
What country the event took place in  
Argentina
What racers were involved  
Rob & Amber
What happened in the event  
They were eliminated from The Amazing Race All Stars.
Why you chose it  
That was possibly the shocking part about that season.
Anything else you think is important  
They did so well the first 3 legs.

Sam1994:
I will be writing about what happened in Leg 9 of Season 1. Teams were given directions to the Temple of Dawn where teams found the Fast Forward of the leg. Joe and Bill and Nancy and Emily went for it. It told teams to find the right amount of coins in a pot for a ritual ceremony. Joe and Bill found the right amount first and got directions to the pitstop in Krabi. So Nancy and Emily go for the "Private" detour choice. They search for hours for their private car, when they probably should go for the bus. They are so tired that they take a taxi instead of a bus.  
Meanwhile, the Guidos do something even more weird. They could go to the pitstop at the Tiger Cave Temple in Krabi. They probably had enough for a taxi. The Guidos are so certain that the Fast Forward guarantees first place, that they wait for a bus leaving eight hours later, spending the day at their hotel "sipping ice tea and sit in air-conditioned splendour" as they say.
Joe and Bill, who should've arrived hours behind everyone else, arrive at the pitstop eight hours later than everyone else, but it's Nancy and Emily who get eliminated as they can't over come their 24-hour penalty.

I chose this story because it's so funny that Joe and Bill didn't go to the pitstop. They never got back from it. I hated them so, who cares? Grin    

LEG 6 RESULTS

1. Peetah
2. Raymond
3. sun7kid
4. Amarillo
5. Heather
6. Elizabeth
7. flirty
8. Beepboop
9. SK (Was 7th before the yield)
11. Jake.
11. Alexander

Jake and Alexander, you have finished in tied last for this leg, but it is a pre determined non eliminated leg, so you are still in the race. If you don't win the next leg, a four point penalty will be given to you.

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:48pm by redwings8831 » IP Logged
Vicdemort
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Add me in msn if you want - [email protected] om.hk

sun7kid@yahoo.com.hk  
View Profile WWW Email

Re: TAR Trivia - LEG 6 RESULTS!!
« Reply #273 on: Jul 19th, 2007, 11:52pm »

Yay! Not as bad as I thought
IP Logged

Congrates Sam and Vince!
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #274 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:00am »

Whew!
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Vicdemort
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Add me in msn if you want - [email protected] om.hk

sun7kid@yahoo.com.hk  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #275 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:02am »

Should Jake be 11th too in the leaderboard?
IP Logged

Congrates Sam and Vince!
Peetah
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I have my own pros and cons.

View Profile

« Reply #276 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:02am »

Hurray!  

I also considered doing the battle for the FF in Season 1 between Guido and Momily or maybe Brian & Greg's comeback  after their car crash and footrace to beat Ray/Deana.

It was fun reading everyone's responses!
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:03am by Peetah » IP Logged

Phil for President. Vote Keoghan '08!
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #277 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:04am »

on Jul 20th, 2007, 12:02am, Vicdemort wrote:
Should Jake be 11th too in the leaderboard?

yeah, i'll fix it when i update it for the next leg
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:05am by redwings8831 » IP Logged
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #278 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 7:02am »

Wow..2nd..Grin Grin
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
Im back
ForumsNet Member
Bulgaria 

LOVE THEM!

View Profile

« Reply #279 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 7:18am »

OMG not bad 7th...and sun7kid I think you wanted to say " The leg then became a foot race between BJ & Tyler and Joseph and Monica" no " The leg then became a foot race between BJ & Tyler and Eric & Jeremy" BuT IDK what you wanted to say just my thought Smiley
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #280 on: Jul 20th, 2007, 12:50pm »

5th is great Cheesy
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #281 on: Jul 22nd, 2007, 8:58pm »

leg 7 up tomorrow
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #282 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 6:59pm »

LEG 7 TRIVIA:

All questions are true and false. If the statement is true, write true. If it is false, write false and correct the underlined word(s).  

1. The biggest lead gained by a Fast Forward was by Colin and Christie with a lead of 10 Hours and 47 minutes.

2. The season which took the longest to film was TAR1.

3. Not shown by CBS, teams in Leg 1 of season one had to cook and eat a duck egg before checking into the pit stop.
4. While in the navy, Matt and Ana met each other and started dating.

5. In Australia, during season 2, Blake and Wil did not follow the instructions on the roadblock, forcing them to re complete it.

6. Teams in season three flew from Switzerland to Southeast Asia. In the same leg, they raced through Singapore before Malaysia.

7. Steve and Dave were the last team to arrive at the Kasteel Muiderslot in Amsterdam.

8. At the strong stomach detour, teams were served octopus.

9. Instead of flying out of Cairns, David and Jeff flew to Melbourne looking for better connections.

10. After receiving their clues from Shake Mega Disco in Montevideo, teams had to travel by ferry Buenos Aires.

11. In the beginning of the race Jonathan and Victoria had an alliance with Gus and Hera.

12. In Norway, teams had to find a large furniture store named IKEA, where they completed a detour.

13. The mystery word teams had to find on the Huaneng tower was Tai Chi.

14. Ron and Kelly got married over the radio in Canada

15. In Botswana, teams had to find a clue in front of a giant statue of an aardvark.

16. Meredith and Gretchen found the Travelocity plane gnome in Turkey, thus giving them an extra prize.

17. The Black family was eliminated in there home state of Louisiana.  

18. In the roadblock for Leg 11, teams had to prepare a feast for monkey’s.

19. Dave and Lori was saved in the 1st part of episode three because it was a TBC.

20. Television without Pity, a popular television website, organizes a viewing party for The Amazing Race finale, called the TAR After Party.

FAST FORWARD:

THIS IS THE SECOND FAST FORWARD IN THE RACE. IN THIS FAST FORWARD YOU WILL NEED TO PLAY THE GAME BELOW. WHEN YOU COMPLETE THE GAME, YOU MUST SEND A SCREENSHOT FOR YOUR ATTEMPT TO BE VALID. YOU MAY ONLY SEND A SCREENSHOT TO ME ONCE.  

Play the game below. YOU MUST PLAY ON THE PROFESSIONAL LEVEL. Send me a screenshot at the end of the game. The person with the highest score will win the fast forward.

http://www.addictinggames.com/elitebasejump.html?r=user_posted_link

IF YOU GO FOR THE FAST FORWARD, YOU STILL MUST COMPLETE THE TRIVIA FOR THIS LEG. THE WINNER WILL HAVE 5 POINTS ADDED TO THEIR SCORE FOR THEIR LEG 7 TRIVIA. THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED WHEN THE LEG 7 RESULTS ARE POSTED SO AS MANY PEOPLE CAN GO FOR IT IF THEY WANT TO.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:00pm by redwings8831 » IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #283 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:03pm »

Jake and Alexander have to win the leg, or a 4 point penalty will be given, because of the NEL penalty. Wink
IP Logged
Puppet
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

biting your head off

View Profile

Re: TAR Trivia - LEG 7 TRIVIA HAS BEEN POSTED!!
« Reply #284 on: Jul 24th, 2007, 7:21am »

how many FF are there?
IP Logged

Survivor Gabon: Matty|Sugar
Pages: all 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21  ...  24 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.