Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 9:18pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Aubrey and Jacqueline »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Aubrey and Jacqueline
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aubrey and Jacqueline  (Read 3665 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Aubrey and Jacqueline
« on: Oct 17th, 2006, 2:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Aubrey and Jacqueline, best friends from the Philippines, are used to being in the limelight - Aubrey is an actress, and Jacqueline has been a model for a long time. They carry themselves with a natural poise, and are confident of their ability to give the other competitors in The Amazing Race Asia a run for the money.  

Both of them are happy, healthy, and attractive: young women in the prime of their lives. Aubrey and Jacqueline make no secret of the fact that they enjoy living the good life, including some of the girly things, like hanging out with your best friend (these two are inseparable) and going to the mall, or to the movies, or even some harmless flirting with the men. They jokingly associate themselves with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.  

At first glance, it's too easy to dismiss this team as just another pair of pretty faces.  

Don't let this fool you. There is far more to Aubrey and Jacqueline than meets the eye. This laughing, smiling twosome also excels at more masculine pursuits - like rock-climbing, and karting, and going to the gym. They have worked, survived and succeeded in very competitive fields for quite some time.  

For them, living the good life does not equate to just taking things easy, and these two are always up for another challenge. They're always looking forward to new places, new experiences, and all the best that life can bring.

This adventurous nature is what led them to The Amazing Race Asia in the first place.  

"Our passion, being adventurous, that's our strength," said Jacqueline. Aubrey adds "We're really skinny, we don't look so athletic, but it's all about what's inside you."  

Jacqueline was in college with Aubrey's sister, and that was how she met Aubrey for the first time. Soon, they became close friends, and now it's hard for either one of them to imagine spending time without the other. That friendship might be the other key to their success in the Race.  

Aubrey and Jacqueline's friendship is built on similarity, but also on difference - the two have similar interests, but very different personalities. Those differences drive the dynamic nature of their relationship.  

"We're very different," said Aubrey, emphatically, "I'm very organised, and she's not."  

Jacqueline laughs, but was quick to retort with "She's complaining all the time, and I'm not."  

Each of them has personality traits that the other does not, and they are very adept at figuring whose personality should lead at any given time.  

They are both looking forward to the Race, approaching it more as a personal challenge than as a direct competition with the other teams.  

"Everyone in this game is capable," says Aubrey, "We're just going to be ourselves."

"We're going to be spontaneous and fun-loving!" says Jacqueline.  

At the same time, they see the Race as an opportunity to test out their friendship, and are both confident that it will make what they have deeper, and stronger. Their easy smiles and casual postures belie the fact that they're about to take on a field of very strong contenders, but they're squarely focused on enjoying the experience, and sharing it with one another.  

"I think this will bring us closer, sharing the experience with someone you love," says Jacqueline.  

"Encouraging each other, lifting our spirits to do the challenge, not fighting each other" says Audrey.  

"To be in this Race is already an achievement, a blessing for us," Jacqueline says. The two of them are more than grateful to be in the Race, and getting to meet other people, and travel are all just bonuses. Their shared faith is another source of their strength, as is their ability to share their secrets, although the one secret that they will not share is their strategy.  

"Perhaps this is the one that will reveal our weakness," says Aubrey, "We'll see."  

It will be interesting to see if they carry that poise and confidence just as effortlessly into the field.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/teams/aubrey-jaq/bio/1/
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2006, 2:41am by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Aubrey and Jacqueline
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2006, 1:34am »

They are the fan favourites so far, but i think that's only because Aubrey is a famous actress (i heard) in Philippines.

I don't think they will make it far though. I watched their pre-show interview and realized they couldn't really speak english that well. That might hinder them on the race. Sad
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 7:32pm »

I'm Filipino but I don't think they'll fare well.... and yeah Aubrey was a sexy actress here and I'm very disappointed that she does not speak good English considering that she had American blood and had FilAm (Filipino-American) boyfriends...

also I don't think that they're to brainy and strong for the coming tasks...
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2006, 7:43pm by Pau » IP Logged

Check out my travel blogs at http://www.pautravels.com
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 12:15am »

I have this feeling they will be the first team out.. that will be bad because they are the fan favourites. People from Philippines might just stop watching the show when they are eliminated? Sad
IP Logged

Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 3:53am »

well.. Ernie and Jeena is still there so I think the Filipinos will move their bets to them if Aubrey and Jacqueline gets eliminated early...
IP Logged

djomarc11
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2006, 6:58am »

i will not underestimate these girls... i think they will go far..

they remind me of dustin and kandice..
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 9:02am »

I'm starting to like them! Looks like i've underestimated them!
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 10th, 2006, 4:19am »

Aubrey and Jaq are hilarious and they're not even trying, lol! They're more focused than I thought and have fared well. I'm rooting for them.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Pau
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Proud to be Filipino!

pau_so_yu  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10th, 2006, 4:19am »

yeah.. I think I've underestimated them... well.. I hope they last long... Cheesy
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:10pm »

I'll cheer for them. I like all the all female teams so far..

i have like 5 teams i like  Grin
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 8:59pm »

There's only like 3 teams i do not like.

The Indian Models and Co-ed Malaysian team, as well as the Indonesian Brothers.
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 9:27am »

They were so funny especially when they were shown putting on make-up during the race. :laugh:
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 9:31am »

lol, all they care is about their looks.  Tongue
IP Logged
Deidara
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

*Art. is a BLAST!*

vergil_yamato_16   amante_no_miko@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Nov 15th, 2006, 12:16am »

i dont think i can watch the Asian version but i've heard about it in commercial plugs... darn i can't root for my countrymen!
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15th, 2006, 12:35am »

on Nov 15th, 2006, 12:16am, stanislav_no_miko wrote:
i dont think i can watch the Asian version but i've heard about it in commercial plugs... darn i can't root for my countrymen!

I already posted the parts on youtube. Grin

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar_asia;action=dis play;num=1163344909
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.