Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 10:39pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Sahran and Howard »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Sahran and Howard
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sahran and Howard  (Read 2755 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Sahran and Howard
« on: Oct 17th, 2006, 2:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Howard and Sahran have been friends for ten years, and to celebrate they've decided to go onto The Amazing Race Asia instead. This quirky team might catch the eye of nearly every home viewer, because the potential for something interesting is very high, given the intercultural nature of their friendship.  

Howard is British while Sahran is Sri Lankan, and both of them live in Sri Lanka. This clash of east and west makes their friendship interesting, even after ten years.  

Sahran is an interior decorator and events manager, a job where every day is different, and offers different challenges all the time. Howard is the area manager for a British tour agency, and his wide range of responsibilities also brings him a wide range of new and interesting experiences every day.  

The quest for new experiences is what motivates Howard.  

"What drives me in life is a new day, every day - new experiences, new people, new places - and I'm fortunate to have a job that allows me to get that," says Howard.  

Sahran's motivation is slightly different. "I'm motivated by one thing - excitement," he says.  

Certainly, ten years of friendship has not erased all of the differences between the two, but you can certainly tell that they are aware of their differences. The two best friends have similar but distinct and different personalities which are best expressed through their astrological signs.

Sahran is a typical Aries, who is immediate, lives in the moment, and makes decisions on the spot. Howard, on the other hand, is a typical Taurus, who needs to think about things for a long while before he's able to come to any conclusions.  

The result is what Howard calls the seesaw effect - if one is up, the other one is down and vice versa. Done right, this allows each one to pick up the other one, when they are down, a perfect situation that will keep them going during the Race.  

The two met ten years ago through a series of coincidences that took a week to happen, and that both of them swear is too complicated a story to explain. What they will tell you, however, is the giant laundry list of countries that both of them have visited together.  

"Our team's advantage is our sensitivity to the people and the environments we go into," say Sahran.  

Howard is quick to add a coda. "We've travelled a lot in the past, so we're used to going to new countries and finding our way around."  

These traits might give them a heads up on the other teams, particularly those who don't have a great deal of travel experience. Their other traits will also set them apart, particularly since they imagine themselves as being outgoing, fun, laughing, outrageous, adventurous, exciteable and just utterly mad as a team.  

"Our biggest strength as a team is that we'll bounce off each other really well."  

Howard's achilles heel is that he needs regular meals, otherwise he gets grumpy. Sahran is nursing a few fears, and he counts those as his biggest weakness. They hope to cover for each other's flaws.  

Where most people would think that the pressure of being on The Amazing Race Asia could be disastrous for any relationship, friendship or otherwise, Howard and Sahran are quietly confident.

"Our friendship will certainly be there at the beginning, and definitely there at the end. There'll be arguments along the way, but we'll be there. We'll come out of it smiling," says Howard, and Sahran simply nods and smiles.  

At moments like that their friendship shows through, particularly since these two are more reserved than many of the other teams. Not only are they confident that their friendship will survive, they're hoping to finish the Race as well.  

"We'd very much like to be there at the end of the race. We definitely want to see the whole thing through," says Howard.  

Sahran admits, almost sheepishly, that they don't have a game plan, but they're waiting until they meet the other teams before coming up with a concrete strategy.  

There will definitely be some challenges for them, though.  

"The toughest part of The Amazing Race Asia is not having the home comforts that we're used to. I'll have to cope with not knowing whether I'll be able to have a shower at the end of the day. It's going to be tough," says Sahran.  

"The toughest part for me is not eating at regular times," says Howard, meaningfully.  

Still, the two have watched nearly every series of The Amazing Race, and have often thought that they would be quite good at it, which is what motivated them to throw in their application for this challenge. Besides, both of them are strong advocates for travel.  

As Sahran puts it, "People's problems come from their lack of understanding of other countries and civilisations in the world. The more people travel, the more understanding they generate within themselves."

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/teams/sahran-howard/bio/1/
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Sahran and Howard
« Reply #1 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 9:44am »

There's always a racer afraid of height.  Cry Erwin is better in conquering this fear.  Smiley It was nice that Sharon gave him a hug.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2006, 9:46am by banzai » IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 5:03pm »

I don't know if they are gay or not? Huh
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10th, 2006, 4:27am »

At first I was concerned they'd be annoying, but they aren't that bad. I think they'll go early though.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:09pm »

Popo... i got that idea too.. i'm not sure if they are or not..

I'm not a big fan of them...
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 3:10pm »

I think they are gay too somehow... but they don't have the accent...
I think the Sahran (the shortest) cries to much and annoys me
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 8:58pm »

Yea, and they talked about how they have drivers to chauffeur them around.. and erm.. have dinner at classy places. I don't think they deserved to win at all. Or i can say, they won't win.
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 10:31pm »

Look to me like this is the only team that has a storyline. Sahran has to conquer all of his fears. Other teams don't have any story  Huh
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15th, 2006, 6:14am »

^^^^

Andy and Laura are 'unlucky'.
Aubrey and Jaq have to constantly battle with maintaining their image and run a kick-butt race at the same time. (A poignant tale, indeed.)
Andrew and Syeon have to face the constant struggle of *gasp* following instructions* !
Zabrina must come to terms with the unsettling truth that her partner can't count.

The list of heart-warming, insightful story-arcs goes on and on...
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16th, 2006, 10:36am »

Oh good, Sahran doesn't have to conquer his fear of snake.  Tongue
IP Logged
Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 19th, 2006, 2:25pm »

Sahran seems to be afraid of a lot of things doesn't he?  Tongue
IP Logged

^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 8:06am »

on Oct 17th, 2006, 2:44am, Popo wrote:
This quirky team might catch the eye of nearly every home viewer, because the potential for something interesting is very high, given the intercultural nature of their friendship.  

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/teams/sahran-howard/bio/1/

What the heck is this supposed to mean?  Huh
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 8:17am »

Ask the web creators. I think the web creators think they are interesting. Huh
IP Logged

Heather
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 21st, 2006, 5:31pm »

Just because Sahran is Sri Lankan and Howard is British, that doesn't make them that interesting.  Lips Sealed
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 10:57am »

Now it's Howard turn to conquer some fears. Well, look on a bright side, this team has a story.  Cool
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.