Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:55am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Andy and Laura »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   Andy and Laura
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Andy and Laura  (Read 2176 times)
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Andy and Laura
« on: Oct 17th, 2006, 2:47am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Seven years on, and Laura and Andy from Thailand are still going strong. This couple have been together for seven years now, and not only do they live together in their perfect tropical island paradise, they also work together. And the feelings they have for one another are just as strong as they were in the beginning.  

Their routine revolves around their home, because they run a business together from their place in Koh Samui. Running your own home business can be a little all encompassing, and for Andy and Laura, work is not a nine-to-five job, it's something that can keep them busy all day and all night long.  

That's the attraction of The Amazing Race Asia, because it will finally get them out of the house and on the road. What others see as a drawback, the twosome see as a strength, because they already live and work together, so being stuck together all the time for the entire duration of the race is nothing new for them.  

Like any couple, they have had to find ways to cope with each other's foibles. By now they consider that they have mastered the art of communication, so any hiccups are quickly and efficiently overcome.  

In terms of their personalities, both of them have different outlooks on life. For example, Andy is gregarious, and outgoing, while Laura is somewhat more reserved. People used to think it was because of the age difference.  

"You're more mature," Andy says, looking at Laura. "So I bring a bit of youth into the equation."

The eight year age difference between the two of them hardly seems significant at all, these days, although it's still true that each of them brings something different to the relationship.  

"It's better that we're different, than to have us both the same," Laura says. "That way, we can make up for each other, and contribute different things."  

According to them, Laura keeps Andy grounded, while Andy keeps her on her toes. Their different personality traits balance out each other, the way Laura likes to have things planned to the last detail while Andy enjoys the element of surprise. This is something that they think will stand them in good stead during the Race itself.  

"We have to be good together as a team, because we already work together as a team," says Laura, a quite convincing bit of circular-sounding logic. The explanation makes it all clear.  

To succeed in The Amazing Race Asia, what's needed is a perfect blend, of brains, brawn and teamwork, which, coincidentally, is what Laura and Andy already have in spades, and which is what keeps their business running. The other positive traits are adaptability, and a quite outrageous spark of creativity, and Laura points to Andy squarely for those. Andy is the more creative of the two, capable of being resourceful and thinking out of the box if that's what it takes to get things done.  

Functionally, the two of them have experience working under stress, so they've already stress-proofed their relationship even before beginning the Race.  

"We both know why and how we react to stress," says Laura, "We can, as Andy says, see beyond the packaging."

"Our relationship has been tested on so many levels before," says Andy, "It's just the ability to work through it, to understand each other that makes it work."  

The couple has been to fourteen countries between them, so they have a lot of travel experience. Nothing will baulk the team. This experience has led to their strategy for the race - Andy and Laura plan to react, in real time, to the situations that develop as they go along.  

With the strength of their relationship, and their openness to new experiences, Andy and Laura are ready for any challenge that the Race can throw at them. They plan to still be laughing even at the elimination mat.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/teams/laura-andy/bio/1/
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Andy and Laura
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17th, 2006, 6:52am »

They are my favourite team so far. I think they can really make it to the very end and win.

They seemed to be very nice people in their pre-show interview and i get a Kris/Jon vibe from them as well! Smiley
IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 9:03am »

Bad luck! Sad

Hope it'll get better in leg 2 !! Grin
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 9th, 2006, 6:15pm »

This is their audition tape:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvb9kcA-sR4
IP Logged
Alexander
ForumsNet Member
Mexico 

Charla and Mirna shall win Allstars!

Karkadam+Mirror
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 10:14am »

Oh they are so nice!!!! I want them to win
IP Logged

My TOP 7 teams:
1.The Weavers!
2. Charla & Mirna
3. Aaron & Arianne
4. Meredith & Gretchen
5. Brian & Greg
6. Peggy & Claire
7. Paul & Amie
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 10:36pm »

In the jungle trail I heard Laura said something, "you make a decision". And then in the preview of episode #2, I also hear "you make a decision". Look like Andy is slow in thinking. Uh, well let me see...  Tongue
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2006, 6:08am »

Just to make sure, everyone knows this is the unlucky team right? Okay, wasn't sure if it was repeated enough during the season opener...  Tongue
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 10:43am »

lol, Andy copies Romber and quits a task.  Tongue I wonder if he's a Romber fan.  Tongue
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24th, 2006, 8:04pm »

Besides, he tries to encourage everyone to quit it. Totally a loser act, no way i'm supporting for them anymore.
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 10:40am »

lol, Andy will either say lucky 7 or bad luck 7  Kiss 7 in a row  Grin
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2006, 10:41am by banzai » IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30th, 2006, 6:52pm »

Rob and Kimberly cursed them somehow.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 2nd, 2006, 1:22am »

Okay, perhaps they aren't that bad. But overall, they are really an interesting team. I'll like to see them go further in the show because they really spice things up and somehow make the show more exciting.

Their edit right now is somewhat i call the "Second Place" edit, relative high air time constantly and heir evilness is starting to show leg after leg.

Lol, but i like them.. just not rooting for them to win.
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 4:48pm »

Andy is the Asian Rob and Laura is the Asian Amber (the trusty sidekick, although Laura seems to do much more than Amber ever did.) Frankly, Andy/Laura > Rob/Amber, regardless of the fact they get lower race positions.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2006, 7:42am »

MK, i agree. I like them more than Romber, don't ask me why. But they aren't that hated, yet they aren't that nice either. Maybe we got a little bit of sympathy for them on Laura's leg problem?
IP Logged

JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 8:42am »

I think Andy and Laura are sneaky and wicked during the Race, but are friendly in the Pit Stops. Maybe that's why there's no strong animosity against them.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.